Poll

I'm gonna waste my money on..

Just a Wii for me, teehee!
2 (25%)
PS3 will pwn all, n00bs!
1 (12.5%)
360. One word: HALO
0 (0%)
Wii/360 combo. All for the price of one PS3!
2 (25%)
360/PS3 combo. Mario sucks, lol!
0 (0%)
PS3/Wii combo. M$ is evil!!
1 (12.5%)
360/Wii/PS3 trifecta. I'm an unbiased (and rich) gaming pal. ;)
1 (12.5%)
*continues playing Half Life 2: Episode 1* lol, consoles.
0 (0%)
Other
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 20, 2006, 02:51:45 pm

Author Topic: Console Wars~  (Read 4533 times)

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
Console Wars~
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:51:45 pm »
With the upcoming release of the Nintendo Wii and the Sony P(l)aystation 3, I'm sure most of the Nessaholic gaming pals here are as excited as I am to see who shall emerge victorious this console gen.

Will Nintendo rise to overthrow Sony's 2-gen reign on top of the market?!

Will Bill Gates seduce the American public with the 360 and Halo 3?!

Or will PS3's Blu-Ray sway the masses?!

Why do I keep using "?!"?! I don't know! D:

So, what's your console setup gonna look like?  :)
Starbuck is mai waifu

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Console Wars~
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 11:19:00 pm »
Wii60

Wii's just gonna pwn hands down.

There arnt very many Xbox360 games that I want, but I'll get the system for the few that I do. Plus, I have an xbox live gamertag, so I'm trying to make the best out of it. (can't wait for Halo 3  :D  :wink: )

getting Wii right away, and a 360 in the near future.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 12:34:43 am »
It's Wii all the way for me now!
I don't really like the kind of games released on the 360 so far and PS3 is WAY too expensive.
Maybe in 2-3 years, I might buy a PS3 if the Blu-Ray format still exists then and if the price has dropped to $300.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Console Wars~
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 02:13:14 am »
I'm still back in the days of the Sega Megadrive.... and I love it
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 12:45:15 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to go witht he Wii60 combo too Kulp. I mean, who can pass up promising games like Fable 2 and the Bioware games like KotOR 3 and Mass Effect? Then we get to play some Super Smash bros. on the side.  Too awesome~ :wink:

ghishy, I'm probably going to do like you and wait a few years to get the PS3 if Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy haven't gone multiplatform. Especially if I was in Europe like you guys. The price is even worse!  8O

Megan, you can play old Sega games on Wii's VC.  :D  I totally still play my old Sega. ;-;
Starbuck is mai waifu

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 10:06:05 pm »
don't get me wrong I love the xbox 360 graphics ATI rocks
BUT
Playstation has always won me over, their games are incredible. I love playstation because of their games, though the graphics could be a bit better I still love Playstation, and PS3 will surely blow away xbox once again, as always.
as for Nintendo, Love super mario bros and all the older games that they first came out with. My favorite one would be Super Mario All Stars way back in the day :) but as for the new controller that looks like a remote control I dont think I'm too into playing a game like I watch tv, so I probably won't get it. And their games lately haven't been great...at all. I have a gamecube right now and there aren't any games I like for it.

PS3 8)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Console Wars~
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 01:43:09 am »
Megan, you can play old Sega games on Wii's VC.  I totally still play my old Sega. ;-;

Forgive my ignorance, but I have not heard of Wii... what is it? I haven't seen any ads for it or heard any hearsay here in Australia? Maybe we're a little behind, but we cook bloody good barbeques at least.

And dude, who else loves the good ol' 16-bit Sega Megadrive? With games so bad they were good? Like...

Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Toejam and Earl?
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
Console Wars~
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 10:20:35 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
BUT
Playstation has always won me over, their games are incredible. I love playstation because of their games, though the graphics could be a bit better I still love Playstation, and PS3 will surely blow away xbox once again, as always.
as for Nintendo, Love super mario bros and all the older games that they first came out with. My favorite one would be Super Mario All Stars way back in the day :) but as for the new controller that looks like a remote control I dont think I'm too into playing a game like I watch tv, so I probably won't get it. And their games lately haven't been great...at all. I have a gamecube right now and there aren't any games I like for it.

PS3 8)

Sounds like somebody needs a DS  :wink:

That's where Nintendo's putting all their great games right now.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Console Wars~
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 11:00:41 am »
If I had money, I would get a PS3.
Joe

Manda

• View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 01:19:34 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
BUT

PS3 8)

I've actually been meaning to pick up the new Nintendo DS Lite, and the Super Mario Bros. game I loved it. I like their gameboys and stuff like that very nice. Tetris is a classic :)

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
Console Wars~
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 09:28:16 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
BUT

PS3 8)

I've actually been meaning to pick up the new Nintendo DS Lite, and the Super Mario Bros. game I loved it. I like their gameboys and stuff like that very nice. Tetris is a classic :)

another reason to get a DS:
Tetris DS
a Tetris game that was actually made by Nintendo!
its great, so many cool modes, and if you can play online its even better!
I love playing people online, its very addictive :lol:

Manda

• View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:59:15 pm »
then you should play mmorpg's, Age of Conan is the highly anticipated mmo coming out. You would probably even love World of Warcraft, but most good MMORPG's are about $15 a month to play, but so worth it.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • Email
Console Wars~
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 04:23:57 pm »
then you should play mmorpg's, Age of Conan is the highly anticipated mmo coming out. You would probably even love World of Warcraft, but most good MMORPG's are about $15 a month to play, but so worth it.

I already pay (i think its)$50 a year for Xbox Live, I'm content with that =)
<3 Halo 2  :twisted:  plus all those other games. :lol:
I'm not big on paying monthly fees or controlling with a keyboard :/
I've tried and I fail.

anywho, Nintendo's online service is FREE! :D

Manda

• View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 06:36:32 pm »
lol yeah I'm the same way. I'm still learning how to use the keyboard over a console. But Console's are my favorite! Your getting me excited for Nintendo Wii :p its free, and I can play old games woo :D

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Console Wars~
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 03:22:36 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Megan, you can play old Sega games on Wii's VC.  I totally still play my old Sega. ;-;

Forgive my ignorance, but I have not heard of Wii... what is it? I haven't seen any ads for it or heard any hearsay here in Australia? Maybe we're a little behind, but we cook bloody good barbeques at least.

And dude, who else loves the good ol' 16-bit Sega Megadrive? With games so bad they were good? Like...

Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Toejam and Earl?

Oh, it's Nintendo's new home console, you might know it by it's old name, the Revolution. had the neat remote for a conttoller? :)

And Toejam and Earl was a masterpiece. <3 I remember being afraid of the bogeyman enemies. XD Now as for the sequels... ehh..

Golden Axe and Streets of Rage were definitely made of win. And Kid Chameleon!!
Starbuck is mai waifu