Author Topic: Which Video Is The Best?  (Read 7866 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 06:18:31 pm »
I :heart: ordinary day. my favorite music video of all time, very original, cute, classy, ah hell a little bit of everything.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
ATM
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 08:35:56 pm »
I love Ordinary Day too, but hands down for ATM, I think it is soooo original.  Who else but Vanessa to roll around town playing piano, so kewl!  8)

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Re: ATM
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2006, 07:53:37 am »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
I love Ordinary Day too, but hands down for ATM, I think it is soooo original.  Who else but Vanessa to roll around town playing piano, so kewl!  8)

That's nothing! I do that all the time! =)
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

lala

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2006, 01:20:46 pm »
ordinary day is my fave, i love the use of colour in the vid.

imm4n

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://fan-sites.org/vanessa-carlton
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 05:23:49 pm »
Well, thanx for all of your comments and arguments there ... but before it, I just wanted to tell you guys, I've done with my presentation, and here's the video I choose:

Jason Mraz : You & I Both
Vanessa Carlton : Pretty Baby
Natalie Imbruglia : Wrong Impression

And guess what ... my lecturer said interesting things :

Lecture (Mr. Bonar) : "Jason Mraz video is unique, had a great concept, funny and at the same time heart-breaking to watch at some scenes. Vanessa Carlton video is really great. She's tracing all the memories with her boyfriend in every place in the house. Quite light video but different from others video I've seen. The great point is, the ending part of Vanessa's song is like a climax, and the scene where she goes up to 'torture' her boyfriend ... I can't say much about that, ... such a great idea. As for Natalie Imbruglia, she's not doing anything meant, except posing for the camera and riding her bicycle, but the director really understand Natalie's personality. Natalie's expression really catch by the camera. When I saw it, I just think that 'This is how Natalie really are'.

Wasn't that great? Vanessa's video is having a positive comments. What' makes me really proud is, my lecturer is also a music video director in my country (Indonesia). My friends also like it, and ... thanx for you guys also ...
"listen ... and you will know..."

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 03:26:58 am »
wow! that's really cool  :D

GuitarHead27

• View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 09:11:01 pm »
Quote from: "imm4n"
Well, thanx for all of your comments and arguments there ... but before it, I just wanted to tell you guys, I've done with my presentation, and here's the video I choose:

Jason Mraz : You & I Both
Vanessa Carlton : Pretty Baby
Natalie Imbruglia : Wrong Impression

And guess what ... my lecturer said interesting things :

Lecture (Mr. Bonar) : "Jason Mraz video is unique, had a great concept, funny and at the same time heart-breaking to watch at some scenes. Vanessa Carlton video is really great. She's tracing all the memories with her boyfriend in every place in the house. Quite light video but different from others video I've seen. The great point is, the ending part of Vanessa's song is like a climax, and the scene where she goes up to 'torture' her boyfriend ... I can't say much about that, ... such a great idea. As for Natalie Imbruglia, she's not doing anything meant, except posing for the camera and riding her bicycle, but the director really understand Natalie's personality. Natalie's expression really catch by the camera. When I saw it, I just think that 'This is how Natalie really are'.

Wasn't that great? Vanessa's video is having a positive comments. What' makes me really proud is, my lecturer is also a music video director in my country (Indonesia). My friends also like it, and ... thanx for you guys also ...

that's great!...but what happened to Teddy?...

imm4n

• View Profile
    • http://fan-sites.org/vanessa-carlton
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 04:45:06 pm »
Well, I just realize near the end, that Teddy's music video somehow, doesn't fit me ... the song is good, but ... the video ... it doesn't leave deep impression to me ...
"listen ... and you will know..."

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 06:11:26 pm »
Hmm. Congrats on a hopefully good grade.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

GuitarHead27

• View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 11:59:21 pm »
Quote from: "imm4n"
Well, I just realize near the end, that Teddy's music video somehow, doesn't fit me ... the song is good, but ... the video ... it doesn't leave deep impression to me ...

yeah it is  a good song....i understand...glad you got a good grade though!

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Which Video Is The Best?
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 06:45:56 pm »
I would go with Sigur Rós' Glósoli, it's such a beautiful video, you have to watch it.