Author Topic: what is the most recent movie u saw?  (Read 357788 times)

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
what is the most recent movie u saw?
« Reply #660 on: July 08, 2005, 09:49:51 am »
Quote from: "Ms.Arwen"
Speaking of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, has anyone else seen Team America? That is, hands down, the funniest movie I have ever seen.

i've got the DVD, just haven't seen it yet

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 08, 2005, 10:10:43 am »
Speaking of Trey Parker and Matt Stone, has anyone else seen Team America? That is, hands down, the funniest movie I have ever seen.

I don't agree.
It was somewhat funny, I give you that but not the funniest movie I've ever seen.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #662 on: July 08, 2005, 07:45:24 pm »
You have to have a certain type of sense of humor to really find it funny. I find that most people either think that it's the funniest thing ever or the most stupid. Every time I watch it, it gets funnier. "I put a jihaad on them, and if you don't believe me I'll put a jihaad on you, too."

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 09, 2005, 04:04:13 am »
What I've watched so far this weekend:
- I, Robot: great movie, I haven't seen it since I got the dvd,
- Old School (Unrated): this movie is already a classic to me (Franck the Tank! haha),
- The Grudge (Extended Unrated Director's cut): this version is slightly better even though I didn't remember the original cut, I had to look it up on imdb.
Fyi, The following scenes were reinstated: (SPOILERS beware!!):
(highlight to read)
   * 1. After Peter Kirk's death we focus on his dead face and the eyeball on the pavement has slightly popped out looking like a white gum drop.
    * 2. The old senile lady is messing with tape and her fingers are covered in blood when she meets Yoko (caretaker).
    * 3. Later Karen shows up and sees the bandaged fingers as well. It's a new plot point showing that she was the one who locked Toshio in the closet.
    * 4. During the Open House the sister hears things and finds a cat figurine in Toshio's closet as well as remnants of his drawings.
    * 5. During the American couples first night in the house the wife hears the clatter of what she believes to be the mother but it is really Toshio.
    * 6. Doug is shown working and studying before a recently discharge Karen shows up at his work.
    * 7. Alex meeting Yoko jawless in the hallway is extended and she even stretches back quite a bit to show down her throat quite a lot.
    * 8. The Peter Kirk scene where he shows up at the house and finds Kayako's body is longer. She falls out of the closet and we stay on her for quite a while. She seems to follow him throughout the room. Her neck is making crunching noises.
    * 9. The thumping that you hear from the hanging body in the next room reveals that Toshio is pushing his fathers feet into the wall.
    * 10. The father killing his family scene is extended. He grabs Ayako and semi strips her and grabs her by the throat and in his rage twists her head to an almost 360° and it splinters and cracks as she spits blood. The 'aaaaaaaacckkkk' sound is from her dying as her throat is distended. Toshio views the entire thing. This reveals why he is always bug eyed when on the stairwell looking down because this is where he was sitting.
    * 11. As Karen is saving her comatose hubby we see more of the family death. It looks as if he cuts the cats throat in the tub and then he slams it's carcass against the tub walls. We then actually see Toshio being drowned. He even has a moment where he looks at his father before he dunks him in. Then there are jump cuts of where the father placed their corpses. These spots end up being where they congregate. Toshio is dead in his closet along with his mother in the attic.
    * 12. In the US version Karen yells at Doug 'not to look at her'. In this version the dialogue isn't there.
    * 13. In the aftermath of the fire we see a POV from Karen in the ambulance as well as firefighters performing their jobs on the house.

All info from IMDB.com
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

aleera84

• VCUBs
  • OC bitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 09, 2005, 04:12:42 am »
The last DVDs i brought were Chasing Amy and Bridget Jones- Edge of reason.
I LOVED Bridget  :D  I think it was better than the 1st movie, it was really funny and fresh.
I remembered watching Chasing Amy on tv a few years back I thought it was funny but when I watched it for the second time I didnt find it that funny.
Still a good movie though and the special features are pretty great.

The last movie I watched in the cinema was Upside of Anger  :D that movie rocks... alot.
I loved it.

-Katie

pianoboy303

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NickWillNapo
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/nicknapolitano
« Reply #665 on: July 09, 2005, 07:45:48 pm »
last movie i saw in theaters: Batman Begins (kinda boring)
last movie i saw on DVD: Cabaret

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: July 09, 2005, 08:04:10 pm »
Just watched National Treasure... It was like Da Vinci Code Lite. Ehh, it was good. Not believable at all.
Joe

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #667 on: July 09, 2005, 08:16:38 pm »
I saw Dark Water on Friday and all I have to say is: do not go see this movie! The trailer is misleading; it is not scary at all and it is a very long movie about absolutely nothing. It is written by the same person that wrote the Ring, and if you've seen the Ring and then watch this movie you will know that this guy cannot write anything original. Save your money, and if you still really want to see it wait until it comes out on DVD and rent it. It is not worth the price of the movie ticket.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 10, 2005, 04:59:19 am »
watched The Machinist.  Very intersting movie....kind of Memento-ish.

If you like Memento, you'll like The Machinist.  full review coming this week. (i'm falling behind on the reviews...still have to review War of the Worlds)

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #669 on: July 10, 2005, 09:15:16 am »
I saw The Human Stain with Anthony Hopkins and Nicole Kidman. Its a good movie kinda confusing tho.

Arwen

• View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #670 on: July 10, 2005, 07:12:31 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"

If you like Memento, you'll like The Machinist.  full review coming this week. (i'm falling behind on the reviews...still have to review War of the Worlds)

I loved the Machinist! And Memento. But Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors and I just find it amazing how dedicated he is to his acting. I mean, he emaciates himself to be in the Machinist and then he gains like 60 pounds to be Batman. Some other actors who think they're so great could learn something from him. *cough*Tom Cruise*cough*

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 12, 2005, 01:17:15 pm »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"
I saw War of the Worls yesterday. It was okay I guess. Some stupid errors that Spielberg could very well have avoided and the ending was a bit lame

And some things were copied almost straight from Jurassic Park, that could have been better.

like?

sorry to be so late with responding to this but anyhow, the scene in the basement with Tim Robbins reeked pretty much of the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park. (Spoilers by the way) When they are hiding behind the mirror and the girl's foot slips is very reminiscent of the part with the spoon thing (I'm not english so don't know the exact word) that drops in the kitchen scene in Jurassic Park. And there are some other shots which seem just too familiar: girl in rocking chair/ velociraptor jumping on counter, use of the mirror in deceiving aliens/ dinos. It is just something that I noticed, maybe I'm just being nitpicky.

Things that were totally wrong: why can someone use a camera (just before the massacre begins) when the lightning had just hit over 26 times and fried all the electrical equipment including cars and such. How can they even videotape the aliens in the lightning since there equipment should have been fried. I think that's kind of sloppy.

There are also way too many coincedenses: Tom Cruise and kids driving down a freeway with dozens of cars but they never have to stop or leave the road. After the plane crashes isn't it just a bit of a coincedence their car wasn't hit and there was this nice road they could use even if there should have been loads of rubble there?

About the end: why is the son alive? He could have never survived that and we're not even given an explanation how he survived. It just reeks of an obligatory happy ending. It would have been far more dramatic if the son had died and it would have made a hell of a lot more sense really.

BTW not that I didn't like the movie, it was a true rollercoaster ride, but it was all a bit too much really.
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 12, 2005, 01:26:10 pm »
not bad.

with a movie like this...you need to suspend reality...a lot.

he got lucky parking the van in that spot.

check out this thread at JoBlo.com

some peeps share the same feelings as you, and others offer some possablities as to why certain things were the way they were.

War of the Worlds thread

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - look+ivys+on
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #673 on: July 14, 2005, 03:00:43 pm »
You have to have a certain type of sense of humor to really find it funny. I find that most people either think that it's the funniest thing ever or the most stupid. Every time I watch it, it gets funnier. "I put a jihaad on them, and if you don't believe me I'll put a jihaad on you, too."

haha i love that movie!
...I see you now, at the show....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - look+ivys+on
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: July 14, 2005, 03:05:36 pm »

isnt that a really graphic movie??? the machinst?....which is funny since im a machinist.....
...I see you now, at the show....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.