Author Topic: Attention Vanessa Carlton Fans 21+ in NYC!  (Read 18764 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Attention Vanessa Carlton Fans 21+ in NYC!
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 06:10:48 pm »
The thing that makes no sense to me is that, IF that myspace IS hers, why has she not definitively said so?  She said one was coming, but there are all kinds of bogus things happening at MS.  I mean, it is THE marketing tool for musicians....why would she not want all of us over there asap?

Dan/NS

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2006, 06:15:20 pm »
Amen to that Dan!
I still can't believe, if this whole thing is actually true, we're being left out like that...
I feels so not Vanessa-ish...
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2006, 07:11:05 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
If this is for real, it's a bunch of BS that it wasn't on her official site. I've been a longtime and dedicated fan, as have many on this board. After 4+ years, I feel like many of us deserve better.
I'm not pleased.
Dan/NS

The thing that makes no sense to me is that, IF that myspace IS hers, why has she not definitively said so?  She said one was coming, but there are all kinds of bogus things happening at MS.  I mean, it is THE marketing tool for musicians....why would she not want all of us over there asap?

Dan/NS

Dude, what is your problem. Every fan of Vanessa's is entitled to seeing her perform an exclussive show, regardless as to how long anyone has been following her or if they're a nessaholic or not. Your elitism is completely unnecessary. Artists announce exclussive shows through My Space and not their official websites ALL THE TIME; such as Rilo Kiley and Regina Spektor among others, it's common. And why do they only do it through My Space? Duh, because it's exclussive. Not everyone can go. So, the next time you log onto My Space, check to see if any bulletins have been posted by the people that run her My Space page just like everyone else does. Instead of whining about how you weren't privvy to this information. Don't expect Vanessa to constantly cater to your needs as a "dedicated fan". Just go see another show the next time she's around NYC. Not a big deal.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2006, 09:51:52 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Amen to that Dan!
I still can't believe, if this whole thing is actually true, we're being left out like that...
I feels so not Vanessa-ish...

I agree, even though I could not go there anyway :lol:  But it would be nice to see a lot more people from nessaholics or her o'board chosen instead of random myspace "fans" :roll:

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2006, 09:16:05 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
If this is for real, it's a bunch of BS that it wasn't on her official site. I've been a longtime and dedicated fan, as have many on this board. After 4+ years, I feel like many of us deserve better.
I'm not pleased.
Dan/NS

Dan/NS

Dude, what is your problem. Every fan of Vanessa's is entitled to seeing her perform an exclussive show, regardless as to how long anyone has been following her or if they're a nessaholic or not. Your elitism is completely unnecessary. Artists announce exclussive shows through My Space and not their official websites ALL THE TIME; such as Rilo Kiley and Regina Spektor among others, it's common. And why do they only do it through My Space? Duh, because it's exclussive. Not everyone can go. So, the next time you log onto My Space, check to see if any bulletins have been posted by the people that run her My Space page just like everyone else does. Instead of whining about how you weren't privvy to this information. Don't expect Vanessa to constantly cater to your needs as a "dedicated fan". Just go see another show the next time she's around NYC. Not a big deal.

Well I don't know about that. I mean, it may not be something to get upset over, but there could very well be some people at this secret concert who are barely even fans of vanessa.  It does seem kind of unfair that this opportunity is afforded to whoever happened to be online and notice the bulletin when meanwhile there are desperate fans dying to get that up close and personal with vanessa. But I suppose it could be how vanessa wanted it, could be that whether something's fair or not depends solely on whether you're lucky or not. But yea, I think there are better ways to go around throwing intimate little concerts like this... but what would I know?

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2006, 09:43:46 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
I'm not pleased.
Dan/NS

Dan/NS

Dude, what is your problem. Every fan of Vanessa's is entitled to seeing her perform an exclussive show, regardless as to how long anyone has been following her or if they're a nessaholic or not.

We're going to have to disagree.  Like many on this board, I have walked the walk when it comes to VC, and other inhabitants of these boards know that, as well.  I am not the same as someone who just happened to be on MySpace at that time, and neither are the others I know that have backed VC 100% every chance they got.....and are not able to go to this show.  If it's for real, it's a big slap in the face.  For me, it's not the show itself...it's the principle....no respect for the long haulers....or the majority of the fans, really.

Read my post again.  There are serious questions posed by many about the authenticity of both that MS page and the show.  Ultimately, I'm reserving my judgment for that.  VC values her fans, and this just seems shady.

Dan/NS

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2006, 11:55:39 am »
Like many on this board, I have walked the walk when it comes to VC, and other inhabitants of these boards know that, as well.  I am not the same as someone who just happened to be on MySpace at that time, and neither are the others I know that have backed VC 100% every chance they got.....and are not able to go to this show.  If it's for real, it's a big slap in the face.  For me, it's not the show itself...it's the principle....no respect for the long haulers....or the majority of the fans, really.

I completely agree with Dan. We're not whining about the whole thing, we're just shocked by the way it has been done.
I mean, last year, I came all the way from France to see VC perform 2 shows (each being 45 min long) and heck, I would do it again to support her. I've even done 6 dates of her Eastern tour (only 4 actually because the other 2 got cancelled at the last minute).
My point is the same as Dan's: we've been here all this time, supporting her like crazy and this is what we get? a show that only 13 year olds knew about because they're on Myspace 24/7?! And the most ironic thing being that the show is actually 21+!

VC values her fans, and this just seems shady.

I couldn't agree more with that, again! Enough said.
Ghisy

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2006, 04:03:28 pm »
Like many on this board, I have walked the walk when it comes to VC, and other inhabitants of these boards know that, as well.  I am not the same as someone who just happened to be on MySpace at that time, and neither are the others I know that have backed VC 100% every chance they got.....and are not able to go to this show.  If it's for real, it's a big slap in the face.  For me, it's not the show itself...it's the principle....no respect for the long haulers....or the majority of the fans, really.

I completely agree with Dan. We're not whining about the whole thing, we're just shocked by the way it has been done.
I mean, last year, I came all the way from France to see VC perform 2 shows (each being 45 min long) and heck, I would do it again to support her. I've even done 6 dates of her Eastern tour (only 4 actually because the other 2 got cancelled at the last minute).
My point is the same as Dan's: we've been here all this time, supporting her like crazy and this is what we get? a show that only 13 year olds knew about because they're on Myspace 24/7?! And the most ironic thing being that the show is actually 21+!

VC values her fans, and this just seems shady.

I couldn't agree more with that, again! Enough said.

Ok.. First of all.. you all have to STOP thinking that Vanessa is betraying you.. It is so dumb, get a life... and Didn't vanessa just get a new label.. How do we know that she had any say in this... the new label could have said were going to do thing, and we will publisize it.. I have no idea.. it is all speculation.. but you guys are getting redicoulous just fighinting about this...STUPID

peace
steven
Peace
-S

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2006, 07:32:15 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"

Ok.. First of all.. you all have to STOP thinking that Vanessa is betraying you.. It is so dumb, get a life... and Didn't vanessa just get a new label.. How do we know that she had any say in this... the new label could have said were going to do thing, and we will publisize it.. I have no idea.. it is all speculation.. but you guys are getting redicoulous just fighinting about this...STUPID

peace
steven

Who said Ghisy or I were fighting with anyone?  I can only speak for myself.  I'm disappointed with whatever this thing is called, but I don't consider myself at odds with anyone.  People have their opinions.  It's very basic.  Some are OK with what may be happening, some are not.  I am not.  That's all I'm saying.  And you are correct, it is, at this point, speculation, so I'm not passing any further judgment.  I simply don't have enough information to draw any kind of conclusion.

Dan/NS

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2006, 08:13:10 pm »
Ok.. First of all.. you all have to STOP thinking that Vanessa is betraying you.. It is so dumb, get a life...

Well, stop bitching about us just having an opinion about it, so YOU get a life! ;)
And as Dan pointed it out AGAIN, we're not fighting with anyone.
I never said I was blaming Vanessa on that one. I wouldn't dare, I respect her way too much to do something like that.
Still, this was done poorly, you can't deny it.
Ghisy

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2006, 06:22:56 am »
Ok.. First of all.. you all have to STOP thinking that Vanessa is betraying you.. It is so dumb, get a life...

Well, stop bitching about us just having an opinion about it, so YOU get a life! ;)
And as Dan pointed it out AGAIN, we're not fighting with anyone.
I never said I was blaming Vanessa on that one. I wouldn't dare, I respect her way too much to do something like that.
Still, this was done poorly, you can't deny it.

PS I never personaly attacked you..
Peace
-S

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2006, 08:44:28 am »
^Personaly^

Fighting?

:roll:

sorry.. but you guys are talking to the computer screen

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2006, 11:25:14 am »
I think Dan and the like are right. It is kind of strange to make such an exclusive announcement on Myspace when Vanessa has never come out and said she uses it officially. Therefore, I don't know if I believe it's legitimacy. And if it is legitimate, it's been done sloppily.

I have only been to one VC show myself and wouldn't have gone to this thing no matter how public it had been. If they had said "call this number at this time" and emailed it to us all, I still wouldn't be going because I don't have the time and don't really care that much anymore. But that doesn't mean the way that this has been done is a good way to do things!

....MySpace is annoying.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2006, 04:44:46 pm »
heres the info...and i just noticed yet another error  :p

Congratulations on your quick response, it has earned you entry into a special performance from Vanessa Carlton.

Please find all the details below.

Monday October 30, 2005
GIANT Magazine and Universal Motown Presents: Vanessa Carlton

The Canal Room
285 W. Broadway (At Canal St.)
New York, NY 10013

Doors: 7:00pm
Set Time: 8:30pm

Your name will be on the Vanessa Carlton Fans Guest List at the door.
Please note this invitation is only good for you, no guests allowed.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2006, 05:37:50 pm »
Quote from: "BWilli"
heres the info...and i just noticed yet another error  :p

Congratulations on your quick response, it has earned you entry into a special performance from Vanessa Carlton.

Please find all the details below.

Monday October 30, 2005
GIANT Magazine and Universal Motown Presents: Vanessa Carlton

The Canal Room
285 W. Broadway (At Canal St.)
New York, NY 10013

Doors: 7:00pm
Set Time: 8:30pm

Your name will be on the Vanessa Carlton Fans Guest List at the door.
Please note this invitation is only good for you, no guests allowed.

Have fun!  (but of course you know how it went since this show was last year!)
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach