Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton next album cover?  (Read 6566 times)

Frenchdavid

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://vanessacarltonextalbumcover.blogspot.com/
Vanessa Carlton next album cover?
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:46:35 am »
Hi guys,

I am david, French guy living in the UK.

My mate posted some artwork inspired from Vanessa's music on her official website and got good responses from the fans. I saw it and think it is a great way to connect between the artist and her public. I decided to write a blog and make something happen out of it.

You guys check it out and tell me what you think.

http://vanessacarltonextalbumcover.blogspot.com/

David

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 06:01:14 pm »
hmm that second one is pretty cool... kinda random though

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 06:58:09 pm »
I love that last one.

Frenchdavid

• View Profile
more feedback?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 02:53:54 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
hmm that second one is pretty cool... kinda random though

Thanks. More feedback from you guys?

D

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
I like how the unicorn comes out from her hair!.. its amazing!!

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:49:40 pm »
I really like both pictures. As for the first one I think I would've liked to see the image of the Harmonium cover not retain it's square shape, such as the obvious straight line on the top portion of it and have seen it blended more with the shape of the swirve.

And I really like the second picture a lot. It looks like all her thoughts and ideas are swelling out from her mind, creating almost a stream of consciousness effect, the unicorn is brilliant.

I could easily see this style of art used for promo work or website design. I'm not entirely sure about the use of it as an album cover however.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Frenchdavid

• View Profile
merci beaucoup
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 03:50:18 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
I really like both pictures. As for the first one I think I would've liked to see the image of the Harmonium cover not retain it's square shape, such as the obvious straight line on the top portion of it and have seen it blended more with the shape of the swirve.

And I really like the second picture a lot. It looks like all her thoughts and ideas are swelling out from her mind, creating almost a stream of consciousness effect, the unicorn is brilliant.

I could easily see this style of art used for promo work or website design. I'm not entirely sure about the use of it as an album cover however.

whouaa. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I think you are spot on.
I hope these will inspire more fans to share what they think and also it would be cool if we all started to have a chat together and get vanessa and her team notice.

D

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 11:19:19 am »
why would she/we use the same picture from harmonium at all...
Samuel
(he/him)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 01:26:41 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

I think it's pretty obvious that the image in question to be used for album artwork is the second image and not the Harmonium image. I mean, use some common sense. And even then I believe these images would just be used as the basis to create something entirely new with new promo shots of Vanessa, if this ever came to fruition I mean. At least that's what I gathered.

The person who created these images does need to give credit to the photographers who took the pictures of Vanessa though. He's taking someone else's work and embilishing on it with his own ideas. Which is cool, however, he can't take credit for work he didn't do, such as taking the actuall photographs.

And it seems to me that the people on this board are pretty uninterested in this thread. Whatever. Try getting in touch with Vanessa's agency if you really want to see this happen, or just send Irv Gotti a private message with links to the work on the official board, he seems to be hanging around there a lot as of late. *Shrugs*
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Frenchdavid

• View Profile
you are right
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 12:42:28 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"

I think it's pretty obvious that the image in question to be used for album artwork is the second image and not the Harmonium image. I mean, use some common sense. And even then I believe these images would just be used as the basis to create something entirely new with new promo shots of Vanessa, if this ever came to fruition I mean. At least that's what I gathered.

The person who created these images does need to give credit to the photographers who took the pictures of Vanessa though. He's taking someone else's work and embilishing on it with his own ideas. Which is cool, however, he can't take credit for work he didn't do, such as taking the actuall photographs.

And it seems to me that the people on this board are pretty uninterested in this thread. Whatever. Try getting in touch with Vanessa's agency if you really want to see this happen, or just send Irv Gotti a private message with links to the work on the official board, he seems to be hanging around there a lot as of late. *Shrugs*

whouaaa this is pretty direct but very accurate feedback though. Thanks for your comments. I don't think my friend wants to claim the right for the pic, he just got inspired to add illustration on it listening to V Harmonium album. Will keep an eye open for Irv Gotti. Cheers for your comments. D

Frenchdavid

• View Profile
Contacting Irv
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 01:08:03 pm »
Hi All, thanks to the 1000 more who went and checked out  the blog. I have decided to contact Irv and see what he thinks...will let you know.

D

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Re: Contacting Irv
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 02:24:07 pm »
Quote from: "Frenchdavid"
Hi All, thanks to the 1000 more who went and checked out  the blog. I have decided to contact Irv and see what he thinks...will let you know.

D

... I think it's best if we let Vanessa decide what she wants her album cover to be.

please, don't discourage her from releasing her own artwork.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Re: Contacting Irv
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 04:43:23 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
Quote from: "Frenchdavid"

D

... I think it's best if we let Vanessa decide what she wants her album cover to be.

please, don't discourage her from releasing her own artwork.

My thoughts exactly.... I would much rather have V choose what her album cover be :?
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

Frenchdavid

• View Profile
agree
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 12:12:32 am »
Hey,

Agree with you totally. The idea is not for my mate to do the artwork on his own but to work with V to bring it to life.

D

Stromata

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:30:13 pm »
i really like the second one. nice work.