Author Topic: Vanessa's New song HOUSE  (Read 43256 times)

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2006, 08:49:17 am »
Quote from: "blueglove"
Quote from: "Gina"
haha - I'd honestly just give it up at this point.

But I would like to say - Steve, it seems as if you aren't overly concerned about getting this online for us to hear, so you probably shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.  You should know that it would cause ppl to go a little crazy.  We're all anxious to hear the song.  So for next time, don't talk about it if you're not going to try extremely hard to get it online for us to hear.  Katia offered help, not sure if you took her up on that.  I'd like to hope so...

You can not say that. I was realyl looking into getting it off there. Unless you were here you can not see what I was doing right.. I was trying to fall through.. I got it off, but then everyone just pissed me off.
peace
steve

That's not fair. Just because someone pissed you off, doesn't mean you should keep it from all of us! I was rude at first, yes, but that's because it seemed like you already had it on your comp. When I realized that you didn't, and that it was a difficulty to get it off your ipod, I tried to give you some advice to do it. I knew after that you weren't being selfish.

I'm sorry for yelling at you in the first place though, if that helps.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2006, 09:15:41 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
whats the point of doing a rolley eyed icon & not say anything? you know its just gonna piss someone off.

who cares.. we're obviously not getting the song. i'll say what i like, thank you very much; even if it's nothing at all. he's just copping out. whatever, i don't care anymore.
Samuel
(he/him)

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #152 on: December 13, 2006, 10:00:27 am »
Steve, seriously man, don't act like a 12 year-old.
Someone pissed you off, I totally understand that but don't blame everyone by not posting the song.
It's lucky you got in, thanks to me asking Irv about letting me in (luckily, he invited both of us cause he's a nice dude) so you should at least post the song for everyone out there.
In a few words: just use your luck to make the other Nessaholics as happy as you were that day.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #153 on: December 13, 2006, 10:18:01 am »
Quote from: "B"
Seriously guys, the fighting over if we are going to get the song or not was really not needed. It is up to the person with the recording to decide whether they are going to share it or not.

Posting about whether you are going to get the song, where is the person with the song, etc. is pointless. Also, insulting the person with the song is uncalled for and probably will be counteractive to any chance of ever getting the song.

Granted, like Katia said, if you have something and don't want to share it, then just don't talk about it, because it will usually only cause problems, as sad as that is. If the person chooses to talk about it and doesn't want to share it, then just take their information and be happy with that. It is only a song. It's not the end of the world.

-B

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #154 on: December 13, 2006, 12:00:03 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Steve, seriously man, don't act like a 12 year-old.
Someone pissed you off, I totally understand that but don't blame everyone by not posting the song.
It's lucky you got in, thanks to me asking Irv about letting me in (luckily, he invited both of us cause he's a nice dude) so you should at least post the song for everyone out there.
In a few words: just use your luck to make the other Nessaholics as happy as you were that day.

bravo, ghis
Samuel
(he/him)

Laura

• View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #155 on: December 13, 2006, 01:09:01 pm »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
whats the point of doing a rolley eyed icon & not say anything? you know its just gonna piss someone off.

who cares.. we're obviously not getting the song. i'll say what i like, thank you very much; even if it's nothing at all. he's just copping out. whatever, i don't care anymore.

yeah & we wont get the song with you rolling your eyes at him either.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #156 on: December 13, 2006, 04:56:08 pm »

exactly, let's just wait until the album comes out

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #157 on: December 13, 2006, 05:55:19 pm »
we'll just have to wait until the album. Which might be better, it'll make listening to that song for the first time more special.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #158 on: December 14, 2006, 01:30:53 pm »

we're not getting the song because steve has chosen not to share it. he wouldn't share it if she rolled her eyes or not. no one has been nice here.
i don't understand why this is even a big deal at this point. yes, they got to hear House. yes, steve has a recording of House. however, from what I've gathered, the original recording is shitty and a recording of a recording would be shittier still, and no one wants to hear Steve himself sing the song, so why don't you all just step away from your computers and wait six more months to hear an excellent-quality version on the CD. Sound like a plan? i think so. none of us will die if we don't hear House right now, tomorrow or even before the album comes out. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not jerking your chain here.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

flimsysurface

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - lee5shorty00@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2006, 01:40:13 pm »
^^^^^  i agree with amberbeads id rather hear the cd version rather than a crappy recording .... i can wait hehe  :D

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #160 on: December 14, 2006, 02:50:01 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"

we're not getting the song because steve has chosen not to share it. he wouldn't share it if she rolled her eyes or not. no one has been nice here.
i don't understand why this is even a big deal at this point. yes, they got to hear House. yes, steve has a recording of House. however, from what I've gathered, the original recording is shitty and a recording of a recording would be shittier still, and no one wants to hear Steve himself sing the song, so why don't you all just step away from your computers and wait six more months to hear an excellent-quality version on the CD. Sound like a plan? i think so. none of us will die if we don't hear House right now, tomorrow or even before the album comes out. I know it's hard to believe, but I'm not jerking your chain here.

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #161 on: December 14, 2006, 03:40:26 pm »
I'm more concerned this song might become one of those songs Vanessa never plays live.

and it would be a tragedy if we didn't have a live recording of it.
it means a lot to me, even if it doesnt mean much to you.

I personally enjoy hearing the different ways a song is played.
"crappy" or not, it's still Vanessa Carlton which is regardless a pure utopia for my ears.

i just think it would be completely tragic if this recording doesnt get released to the people here, especially the people who care about hearing it.
honestly i don't care when I hear it, it doesn't matter to me, that's not the point. I can wait...

its the fact that its a different sounding live version.

all I can do now is wait, and hope for the best.
but the way people are arguing and being rude about it isn't helping the matter. :(

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #162 on: December 14, 2006, 04:18:02 pm »
i love vanessa and i love hearing her songs, especially new ones. but it is not worth stressing over and yelling at each other and making accusations.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2006, 05:20:52 pm »
I never said the recording was crappy.. and I was offended how everyone was talking to me... it would have been crappy if it was not directaly taken off the iPod
-s
Peace
-S

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2006, 05:24:23 pm »
Not everyone was talking negatively towards you. I certainly wasn't anyway :)