Author Topic: Vanessa's New song HOUSE  (Read 43347 times)

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Re: PIRATES
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2006, 06:49:49 pm »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
I told you guys that V was turning into a pirate!  :D

wow. you really did say that too!
what did the pirate say about the steering wheel stuck in his pants?
"ARGH, matey! It's a drivin' me nuts!" haha. :roll:

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :lol:
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2006, 06:07:36 am »
Just thought i'd mention...

there are many things that have been recorded over the years that have been shared with the overall community.  If you are unwilling to share information or recordings why even bring them up?  It is only going to isolate you more from the community and irritate people.  I'm sure you guys that got to go and see/hear new songs have also been happy to download or listen to songs recorded by others over the years that were unreleased.

I am really happy that a bunch of you guys were able to go and see Vanessa perform and show support but also remember that Irv and other individuals are professionals and have been in the public eye for quite some time.  I'm sure they know if they want to guarantee that something doesn't get leaked to the public to not say anything.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2006, 06:48:07 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"

there are many things that have been recorded over the years that have been shared with the overall community.  If you are unwilling to share information or recordings why even bring them up?  It is only going to isolate you more from the community and irritate people.  I'm sure you guys that got to go and see/hear new songs have also been happy to download or listen to songs recorded by others over the years that were unreleased.

I am really happy that a bunch of you guys were able to go and see Vanessa perform and show support but also remember that Irv and other individuals are professionals and have been in the public eye for quite some time.  I'm sure they know if they want to guarantee that something doesn't get leaked to the public to not say anything.

-katia

It basically boils down to an issue of ego and elitism. If someone feels that an unreleased song shouldn't be made available for download and released to the general public. Why bother even recording it? I mean, who's to say what anyone is and is not entitled to. This whole House thing is pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2006, 08:20:28 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "kaysha"

-katia

It basically boils down to an issue of ego and elitism. If someone feels that an unreleased song shouldn't be made available for download and released to the general public. Why bother even recording it? I mean, who's to say what anyone is and is not entitled to. This whole House thing is pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

I never said any of that.. If I thougth that no one was entitled to new music then I would not have released AmeriTeen.. the only circulating copy of it.... I dont even know how to get house onto my computer off my recording device... All I can say, is that I wanted to share it with people, and I wanted them to hear about it, but I did not know if the song was allowed to get released on here... I wish people would stop thinking that if something is held back that it is to be mean or be an elitist...because it isn't
Peace
-S

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2006, 09:21:10 pm »
ok so i just want to clarify a few things.

Steve...
a) i didn't mention any names, i only meant that instead of provoking the community by saying you have something that you won't share is just not very nice.  It sounds like you are not refusing to share you just don't know how so why not work with someone from here that i'm sure would be more than willing to help?

b) thank you for sharing ameriteen.  just realize you don't stand alone in sharing things that have only been performed once or only one recording exists.  Think Birdie or the original Afterglow

To everyone...
Here is my point... a while ago some individuals posted about an experience getting to see Vanessa in the recording studio.  It was a very objective post and everyone was appreciative and thankful for the experience being shared with them.  If you look at this thread, some other individuals got to go to a special performance but have spent more time talking about how they have information they "cannot" share instead of talking about what it was like, what happened, what they did, etc.

I cannot stress this enough:  If you have information that you can not share or choose not to... just keep it to yourself.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2006, 09:28:18 am »
I understand... but I thought that I was not going to provoke....I wanted to inform, but I received many messages about sharing the song

1- I dont think I can

2- I have no idea how to...

3- I love everyone!

Peace
s

and Kaysha- I was not refering to you, I was mad at the elitist commene
Peace
-S

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2006, 01:17:39 pm »
Quote from: "blueglove"
I understand... but I thought that I was not going to provoke....I wanted to inform, but I received many messages about sharing the song

1- I don't think I can

2- I have no idea how to...

3- I love everyone!

Peace
s

and Kaysha- I was not refering to you, I was mad at the elitist comment

If you have songs you can't get off your iPod... go here:

http://www.freewarefiles.com/program_6_228_18180.html

It's a free transfer utility for iPod to computer transfer that iTunes does not allow you to do.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2006, 02:46:14 pm »
I cant wait until to hear this song, Im so excited! The lyrics are sooo good.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2006, 07:23:32 pm »
Blueglove, so you think this song is better than Heroes and Thieves? It has to be good then. :D  Can you describe it? Was it fast or slow? Fluffy or not so much? Any description will be much appreciated  :razz:

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2006, 08:50:25 am »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Blueglove, so you think this song is better than Heroes and Thieves? It has to be good then. :D  Can you describe it? Was it fast or slow? Fluffy or not so much? Any description will be much appreciated  :razz:

well it is very fluid, and it moves steady, and has an amazng climax.... It starts out with P5's for the first verse. Then it moves to arpegiations of chords, M-M-m-M.... Then it moves into octaves. The song is so simplistic. I beleive that it is right behind HOM as my second favorite!

The song is very well completed.
Peace
-S

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2006, 09:50:24 am »

well it is very fluid, and it moves steady, and has an amazng climax.... It starts out with P5's for the first verse. Then it moves to arpegiations of chords, M-M-m-M.... Then it moves into octaves. The song is so simplistic. I beleive that it is right behind HOM as my second favorite!

I told you how to get it off your iPod, just so you know.

So you can post it now.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2006, 10:26:22 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"

So you can post it now.

He isnt gong to post it. He's already said that....

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2006, 11:03:17 am »

Thanks for the description.... I think I'm going to really like this song :D

charmedguy18

Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2006, 02:41:52 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"

So you can post it now.

I am shocked that you thought someone asked you.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Vanessa's New song HOUSE
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2006, 02:47:56 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"

So you can post it now.

I am shocked that you thought someone asked you.

I know you didn't ask me, but I thought i'd just say it so you don't expect him to post it. Why do you have to be so rude? :?

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<