Author Topic: Updated word on the album's status  (Read 3195 times)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
Updated word on the album's status
« on: December 06, 2006, 12:43:48 pm »
I just talked to mine and Nat's friend (the guy who got us into the studio last year). I asked him if they're recording all new stuff for the album, or if they're going to use the stuff they already recorded. He said, "yes, they are recording a record for irv & the INC." They will probably use some of the stuff they recorded when me and Nat were there, but he doesn't really know right now. They were planning on releasing the album with or without support from a label, but now that Irv is in on it and ready to spend a shitload of money, everything's changed. They're still planning on trying to release it in the spring, but "we all know how "quick" stephan works sooooo..."

just an update.. i'm a bit disappointed. and worried. but i told him all of this, and i also asked him if 1. he thinks that the previously recorded stuff will get released in any way, shape, or form, and 2. if there was any way he could try saying something to her about how many people would love to get ahold of those songs.
Samuel
(he/him)

charmedguy18

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 12:50:36 pm »
I for one would be really pissed if This Time and the One didn't end up being on the album and the file was just sitting on a computer somewhere unable to be listened to by us. I'd pay for it or whatever but gah. I love those song haha

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:40:52 pm »
I hope to hear the stuff she did on the Stevie tour, but I have every faith in Vanessa to make a kick ass record.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 04:14:15 pm »
^^^ exactly... but I hope we get to hear the older stuff... maybe she should release 2 albums or make it a double-disc...lol  :lol:
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 04:44:57 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
^^^ exactly... but I hope we get to hear the older stuff... maybe she should release 2 albums or make it a double-disc...lol  :lol:

Or maybe she could have more than 10 or 11 songs? *Gasp!*Shock!*Horror!*
Joe

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 05:02:11 pm »
I really hope they include the songs that we have already heard.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 05:19:03 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"

It depends if the label are willing to pay for more than 10/11 songs, I think :(

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2006, 05:37:43 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
Quote from: "Jophess"

It depends if the label are willing to pay for more than 10/11 songs, I think :(

Judging from what Irv has said before I'm sure he'd be willing to shell out some dough for a few excellent songs.... I don't know if the theme or the feel of the album is different now though so maybe they wouldn't fit with the newer songs... guess we'll have to wait and see :)

But to be completely honest... the only new song that I REALLY care about being on the album is PYHOM.... I like the Best Behavior so I do hope that makes the album too.  This Time/The One are good songs but they aren't near the top of my favorite list so it wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't make it. Of course, I would like to hear the studio versions of the songs that don't make the album or maybe to have them as b-sides  :)

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 10:00:22 pm »
his exact words about the money irv was willing to shell out were, "$$$$$"

tony fredianelli (3eb) just recently leaked a bunch of instrumental songs that were by him, brad, and arion, and one song with vocals, on myspace and the message board. i'd be totally down with a double disc, or a bunch of b-sides, but if anything, let's just get them released ANYWHERE. myspace would be an excellent place.

the reason this disappoints me, is because if those songs were good enough for her to release before irv got involved, but now they're not because they have money, what is going to be good enough? some over-produced hip-hop influenced shit? stephan loves hip-hop. i'm sure he's totally into all this. i hope this doesn't change the music. i think it's ridiculous that they're re-recording this album when it was like.. what.. more than half done? uggh.
Samuel
(he/him)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 05:17:22 am »
its like Rinse all over again...

8O

quick! we've got to get ahold of these recordings before some dissappear forever :(

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 06:37:46 am »
Quote from: "ordinaryday6"
his exact words about the money irv was willing to shell out were, "$$$$$"

tony fredianelli (3eb) just recently leaked a bunch of instrumental songs that were by him, brad, and arion, and one song with vocals, on myspace and the message board. i'd be totally down with a double disc, or a bunch of b-sides, but if anything, let's just get them released ANYWHERE. myspace would be an excellent place.

the reason this disappoints me, is because if those songs were good enough for her to release before irv got involved, but now they're not because they have money, what is going to be good enough? some over-produced hip-hop influenced shit? stephan loves hip-hop. i'm sure he's totally into all this. i hope this doesn't change the music. i think it's ridiculous that they're re-recording this album when it was like.. what.. more than half done? uggh.

I know... but maybe we'll like the newer stuff better... I don't know... we'll just have to wait and see.... I really wish V or Irv would tell us what's going on  :?

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:00 am »
I really hope the previously recorded stuff won't be thrown away!
It would be cool to have a 2 disc-edition, with different versions of the eary recorded songs/latest versions.
Irv, listen to France, he speaks the truth! haha
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic