Author Topic: She did it!  (Read 5944 times)

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
She did it!
« on: December 19, 2006, 03:07:34 pm »
http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/viewtopic.asp?TopicID=1589505&topic=end+of+year+desert+moment

hello all,
every year around this time my family and i go to arizona to ride horse, hike, and soak in hot water with the occasional margarita. it's great. i am looking forward to next year with high hopes and genuine excitement. i've also found such a sense of peace over the past year. i hope the songs on this next record reflect these last two years in the most musical way possible. Just to remind everyone (in case u read an innacurate article that makes u question) i am of course continuing on with my vanessa sound.(ew i hate 3rd person talk) . Hopefully, i'm just becoming a better version of myself. There will not be any inauthentic, desperate to sell, musical sound changes goin on over her. Also, i'm gonna take the plunge and officially call this next record Heroes and Thieves (will explain title next year). i love it love it. also, i feel particularly thankful to have such attentive fans. seriously. you guys are why i put my music down on tape in the first place. k. gotta get on me horse. xxoxo
v

Glad to know there won't be any hip-hop influence

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
She did it!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 03:21:58 pm »
I love the title "Heroes and Thieves".

I am seriously looking forward to this album. :D

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
She did it!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:38:09 pm »
I knew V wouldn't change... I am so anxious for this new album... I wonder when the first single will be released... this new album is really coming together... only a few months away  :D
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:50 pm »
well thank god.

nice to hear it from the horse's mouth..

so to speak...  :wink:
Samuel
(he/him)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 08:56:12 pm »
I can't wait for H&T to come out.

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
She did it!
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 09:31:58 pm »
i think it's cool that she signed to a hip hop label & her reasons for doing so.

maybe it'll make people realize that categories and names are meaningless when it's really the music that's important.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
Re: She did it!
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 08:49:35 am »
Quote from: "medic0803"
http://www.vanessacarlton.com/bboard/forumname/viewtopic.asp?TopicID=1589505&topic=end+of+year+desert+moment

hello all,
every year around this time my family and i go to arizona to ride horse, hike, and soak in hot water with the occasional margarita. it's great. i am looking forward to next year with high hopes and genuine excitement. i've also found such a sense of peace over the past year. i hope the songs on this next record reflect these last two years in the most musical way possible. Just to remind everyone (in case u read an innacurate article that makes u question) i am of course continuing on with my vanessa sound.(ew i hate 3rd person talk) . Hopefully, i'm just becoming a better version of myself. There will not be any inauthentic, desperate to sell, musical sound changes goin on over her. Also, i'm gonna take the plunge and officially call this next record Heroes and Thieves (will explain title next year). i love it love it. also, i feel particularly thankful to have such attentive fans. seriously. you guys are why i put my music down on tape in the first place. k. gotta get on me horse. xxoxo
v

This last quote from you.... hmmm.. you mean Nelly Furtado change

Yeah, cos her second CD did'n't sell too much... just one million and she changed for HIP-HOP fuckin' music

I'm really happy cos Vanessa isn't going to care about sells, top and etc...

But I WANNA VIDEOCLIPS.. COS I REALLY LOVE IT
AND I MISS IT SO MUCH FROM HER

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 11:34:57 am »
yes... i am excited for this but i'm like divided in half. Vanessa said that she would never name a record the same as asong in that record but the other side is that HEROES AND THIEVES is an AWESOME title! But all in all... I AM VERY HAPPY :D

Martin.

• View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 01:07:29 pm »
^^ Is it that big a deal anyway? I mean, yeah she named the album after a song of hers. At least the song has real meaning and depth.

I think it's a nice album title.

Manny

• View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 01:15:20 pm »
VC will rule!  :D

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 01:36:36 pm »
Quote from: "white_houses"
^^ Is it that big a deal anyway? I mean, yeah she named the album after a song of hers. At least the song has real meaning and depth.

I think it's a nice album title.

Yeah, I guess. I like the song and it really has a lot of meaning behind it. I was just wondering if Vanessa used a different title instead of Heroes and Thieves (even though that it's kickass!). But I guess H&T is pretty damn good enough for me  :D

So, is it going to be released next year? During early spring?

Martin.

• View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 02:06:54 pm »
As far as we know, yep

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Premonition...
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 02:43:34 pm »
You know, I've noticed some similarities between Vanessa Carlton & Fiona Apple, I've noticed that both their first albums did exceptionally well, they became "famous" and reached commercial success, however with their second albums, did pretty dismal, though both were very exceptional albums (music wise) but didn't do good commercially, then Fiona made her comback with Extraordinary Machine, the album was named after a song, she also had some guy who produced rap music produce her album, and then she was back....Now we see Vanessa, she gets a rap producer, names the album after a song, and she makes a comeback!  It was just something interesting I noticed....that's all.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Manny

• View Profile
Re: She did it!
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 03:41:02 pm »
Quote from: "Promiscious-boy"
Quote from: "medic0803"

hello all,
v

This last quote from you.... hmmm.. you mean Nelly Furtado change

Yeah

not really...

There are not borders for music

NF talking about her new album. but I do like it

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
She did it!
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2007, 08:13:57 pm »
OMG! I'm having a heart attack!!! I swear. My passion for Vanessa still burns, but I've been away from the community and now I hear she has a new single and I don't know what it is and I'm going crazy looking for it. I need it!!! I'm so stupid. New album?!?!! Heroes and Thieves!!! I'm seriously having a breakdown.