Author Topic: My Compositions  (Read 2655 times)

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
My Compositions
« on: December 31, 2006, 12:12:36 pm »
So I've been writing music for almost four years now. The first three years I spent learning how to play piano, which resulted in just writing piano compositions that I admit are kind of cheesy, new age stuff. This year I started writing instrumentational works with multiple instruments in varying styles and settings using Finale 2007 and/or my digital piano. I just made an xanga site to host some of these pieces. If you want to hear them, go here http://www.xanga.com/TBComposer and click on "audio" at the top right of the page and select a song. Since most of you probably own more pop music than anything, I'm not sure how you'll like these. You might like Trick or Treat and "no title yet" but all of them are more classical/contemporary instrumental pieces. I'm majoring in music composition next year hopefully at University of Cincinnati Conservatory of Music. I have an interview with their composition board Jan. 13. yikes!

Hope you like them

Amanda

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
My Compositions
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 12:18:23 pm »
Ooh, hopefully you will come to Cincy! Then we could meet up and have coffee and talk about Vanessa and stuff lol. There are far too few Holics in Cincinnati.

As for the music, not sure if I like the MIDI sound, but the songs seem like they would be good if they were recorded with real instruments.
Joe

JazzyManda

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - JazzyTrumpet07
    • View Profile
My Compositions
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 12:30:51 pm »
Yeah, I visited the campus and I like how it's in the downtown area. I really hope I get in because I loooved it. We will def. have a Nessa coffee chat if I go there! haha

Yeah, the midi is pretty annoying but it's a lot easier than getting a bunch of musicians together. I hope to get some of them performed soon. Thanks :)

Amanda