Author Topic: Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 58961 times)

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2007, 06:12:14 am »
People are freaking out JUST because she's on the label. No one's even heard the music. When we hear the music, then we'll know whether or not the Inc was a positive change for her.
I wouldn't say success is not an option just because a Kelly Clarkson promoter said she'll ruin her career.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2007, 06:35:53 am »
i'll simply say this:

GO VANESSA!!  heck, look at all the buzz she's generated around herself just by signing with the inc. and then participating in this song.  they're talking about her on kelly clarkson's website?  then it's probably safe to assume people are talking about her elsewhere.  i don't think this song is indicative of a music-style change for v.  in my personal opinion, i think it's already doing what it was intended to do:  get her name out there to a larger and broader audience to draw in new fans.  it worked when she toured with stevie nicks, right?  and yeah, she probably had a lot of fun doing the song, too.  nothing wrong with that.  like others have said, from the other new songs we've heard, i don't expect that the new album will be a big departure from the v we've come to know and love.  and if she does branch out and change on a song or two, there's nothing wrong with that, either.

the general impression i've had from reading what fans have said and from interviews v has given is that SHE is the one in charge of her music and she will get her way creatively.  i have faith in v.  i don't think she's selling out, just calling some attention to herself -- attention sorely needed after harmonium's lack of promotion.

and hey, after hearing this song, i just can't wait to hear/see what surprises v has in store for us next!!   :o  :)
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2007, 06:45:40 am »
I don't think we should be so worried, I mean the targer audience of this single is not Vanessa's fanbase, also if "Heroes and Thieves" is released without bringing Vanessa back in the map before(wich I hope this single will do) it may not receive much attention and become a new commercial failure for her, so I think this is a good thing, I don't like the song and I won't listen to it but I hope it becomes a hit.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2007, 01:27:09 pm »
Quote from: "B"
Okay guys, Nelly Furtado was always interested in rap and hip hop stuff. It isn't like that came completely out of left field. The first time I'd heard of her was when she was on Missy Elliott's "Get Ur Freak On" remix, and that was right around the time her Whoa Nelly CD came out, give or take 6 months on when that single was released.

Another thing with this track is that this isn't Vanessa's track. They may not even mention it is her on the vocals when the song gets radio play. It is very common these days in rap/hip hop music to have someone not from that genre on your track. No one thought Tim McGraw was going to start rapping full time  when he was on Nelly's track, did they?

Don't even get me started on the peeps who think V is making a bad career move by signing with Gotti. Both Gotti and V have nothing to lose and everything to gain by their collaboration, and considering Gotti's previous track record of promotional sucess and the fact his label will be willing to put a large sum of money behind him, I wouldn't bet against him.

At the end of the day, we need to let V be V and have faith in whatever she does. As Mannie Fresh would say, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I personally will continue to support V in whatever direction her career goes, just as I have up to now.

Yep, I remember hearing Nelly on a lot of urban stuff too, so for people to say she sold out, etc is bullshit simply because she's always been into urban music one way or another, only she's been able to encorporate it onto her album (and I wouldn't even say "Loose" was urban...it's more to the side of pop than it is R&B - great album though).

I agree with everyone else on this page too. Definetley.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2007, 01:52:55 pm »
It sounds just like Vanessa on the track, except you can tell they fiddled around with the vocal in the "MAKELOVETOME" part. Other than that, how can you say you couldn't tell it was her? I would have known right away even if no one had told me.

It's pretty annoying that you all are so concerned and upset about her image when we have heard songs that are supposed to be on the new album, and they are Vanessa's style still. She isn't selling out. I bet they were just like hey we need a female vocal for this song- how about it? It might be fun. I bet she had fun making this song. And it's not a bad song for the genre it is. I like how her voice is actually almost as prevalent, if not more so, than the other guys. And he isn't rapping the whole time either. I don't mind it at all. And it's not even like the, "Come here bad girl and give it to me because you're so naughty and you like to be spanked" vibe of most hip hop. It seems lyrically like these two people are in a relationship which I think is kind of nice to hear. It's not like "Promiscuous".

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2007, 05:43:30 pm »
The spelling of the letters reminds me of Hall & Oates Method of Modern Love. I'm not really too crazy about the song but anything that has Vanessa saying "I need it and I want it now" can't be too bad right?  :twisted:

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2007, 07:12:14 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
People are freaking out JUST because she's on the label. No one's even heard the music. When we hear the music, then we'll know whether or not the Inc was a positive change for her.
I wouldn't say success is not an option just because a Kelly Clarkson promoter said she'll ruin her career.

it wasn't a promoter, it was just a bunch of Kelly fans basically saying the same thing. The other site i mentioned was called promosquad (totally different site where the whole point is to rate music), where i said i asked the fans at that site & that was the first response so far. Thats why i'm worried, cuz its already getting bad responses.

& like i said before..
I know she said she wont dramatically change her style (even tho she did with this song).. just saying.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2007, 07:58:34 pm »
We shouldn't even be worrying about the song anyway, to be honest. If it bombs on the charts, then it's 7's problem, not ours. I mean, yeah, it's going to be a shame for Vanessa (not that she'd be too bothered IMO) but that's it. We should just gear ourselves up for HER first single and get ready for that. Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it does well, then fantastic, if it bombs, then oh well. She's not exactly popular to the point where she's got everyone excited about her new album, so it wont make much of a difference anyway.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2007, 09:27:48 pm »
yeah i guess your somewhat right.

lol i cant keep up on this thread anymore, it's giving me a headake. so anymore responses to me just pm me.. thanks

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2007, 03:23:25 am »
Okay I tried to read all 9 pages, but it's just not happening for me right now.

I don't think this is a HIT song, but I think it will last on the hip hop stations, if that makes sense. (I think it could be a hit though if it had a more recognizable beat in the background, rather than that weird synth thing that's going on, which isn't catchy at all) I really like it a lot, and yea, V cracks me up too.... who didn't see this coming? This is just a different genre of music, what's wrong with exploring it?  It's not her song, she didn't write it, she's just singing in it, and I think this song really shows her off in a good way-- she sounds damn sexy! I'm loving her in the 2nd verse "what do I gotta do to get you innnto the moment" And yea, there's probably gonna be a vid, and she's probably gonna shock us all again. I think her voice is entirely recognizable too, whatever. This is good dance music... I can't wait to hear her in the clubs!!!

does anyone know for sure which is coming first? This song, or one of v's new ones?

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2007, 06:18:42 am »
I see you all have a heated discussion... what I want to add is that I just like the song and I listen to it all the time :)
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: January 05, 2007, 08:47:28 am »
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"

does anyone know for sure which is coming first? This song, or one of v's new ones?

they (Irv n' Vanessa) said that they are going to be releasing MAKELOVETOME first then one of her songs...
Peace
-S

LimeTwister

« Reply #132 on: January 05, 2007, 09:14:13 am »
they paved paradise, put up a parking lot.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: January 05, 2007, 10:31:09 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"
they paved paradise, put up a parking lot.

:lol:
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 05, 2007, 01:52:19 pm »
I hope one of Vanessa's songs leaks soon :D I could do with some new Vanessa right about now!