Author Topic: Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 59282 times)

tricia

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Download *M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E* HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:10 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
this is SO funny!  I really love this thread and the fact that it's 7 pages in such a short period of time.  I think that is really cool because it shows how many people totally CARE about Vanessa enough to voice an opinion.

I have some thoughts on the entire thread.

First off, there is NO WAY to draw a parallel to Dido and Eminem.  Dido has been INSANELY successful with both of her albums and I *personally* think Eminem really did a lot to help her career get started but she has carried it on her own.  The rap industry is huge right now and Vanessa would be crazy to ignore it... also, now seems to be the time for collaboration between hip-hop and anything else.  Remember though, Eminem sampled Dido's song "Thank You" (it wasn't something "featuring" Dido) and Eminem already had a huge footprint.

Secondly, there is no way to compare what Vanessa is doing with Nelly Furtado.  Nelly released her single with Timbaland who (like Eminem) has a huge footprint already.  Who is Channel 7?

Third, i think Irv is awesome.  He is totally right that this single won't do anything to hurt Vanessa's image for anyone new and that his only concern is with the 'hard core' fans.  In the end, Vanessa is just a musician, there has been so much ad-hoc collaboration where artists bump into each other in the studio and get sampled on each others CDs.  Nelly released a cover of Gnarls Barkley's Crazy and she recorded "All Good Things" with Chris Martin.  I think the average population likes hearing their artists explore different music genre's and a small subset of the population will judge Vanessa for it, i think it is well worth the risk.  Everything I have seen Irv do seems to be in Vanessa's best interest... FINALLY a label that is HELPING her!!!  Also, she needs to target the younger generation if she wants to sell albums... that is where the business is... and that just happens to be where hip-hop is.  The cool thing is if they can use Vanessa to bring to the younger generation music other than just hip-hop!

Anyone that thinks Vanessa was "forced" to do this is crazy.  She has a volitional consciousness.

As for my opinion on the song, i agree with Tricia... Vanessa cracks me up!  It was totally her!  One thing i've always like about Vanessa is her voice is unique.  The only thing I think Irv and team could do better to "soften the blow" with the hard core Vanessa fans is not spring it on people.  Start the discussion earlier with a slight heads up.

I don't think I will listen to this song very often but it has all the right components to be successful.  The beat is catchy; the lyrics are repetitive and not very complex, etc.

I think it's important that we HELP Vanessa make this a success which means we stand behind her, help promote this single and get the momentum going prior to HER CD being released.

\m/ on Vanessa!

-katia

p.s. Nelly Furtado's new style is cool.  Her songs are catchy and the beats are tight.

1) Katie-a is my hero.
2) Agreed on all points.
3) <3 that you think it's funny as hell too.  Glad we can see that VC has her sense of humor intact.  So awesome.
4) I saw Nelly Furtado live a couple weeks ago and she was rad.  Maneater was one of my favorite songs of 2006.  Because of it's artistic merits?  No, because it was fun and catchy and made me want to dance, which made me happy.  And to me, that's all that matters.  V could do much worse in musical choice than to make music that makes people happy.
5) I love being reminded why I'm a NESSAholic.  This chick just rocks my socks.  The kind with toes even.
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2007, 01:21:53 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
Bob Dylan is the worst example ever. He's a legend, Johnny Cash covered him, and Rolling Stone also named Like a Rolling Stone as the greatest rock 'n' roll song EVER. Success? I think so.

During their primes, Dylan was less successful from a business standpoint than The Carpenters.  That is my point.  If you don't believe me, then look up their chart numbers.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2007, 01:55:24 pm »
Quote from: "Promiscious-boy"
My God... Vanessa is turning into a Nelly Furtado

Thefuuuuuuuuuuck?!

charmedguy18

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2007, 03:09:41 pm »
Yeah... I love my thread is getting so much attention. It's special ^_^

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2007, 06:00:04 pm »
I am interested to know if there are plans to make a music video with VC and Channel 7 for this song.. any of the folks who've spoke with Irv, know?
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2007, 06:18:14 pm »
Yeah, now that I've let it rest for the night and tried it again, it does remind me quite a bit of Dark Carnival. 8)
Dustin

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2007, 06:35:40 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
I am interested to know if there are plans to make a music video with VC and Channel 7 for this song.. any of the folks who've spoke with Irv, know?

Nither Vanessa or IRV said yes- If it is going to be a single i bet it will have a video... Most singles that are in the top 40 have videos
pc
steven
Peace
-S

« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2007, 08:34:48 pm »
Dammit, neither links work for me, so I'm missing out on all the action.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2007, 09:35:48 pm »
Does anyone know the date when it will be released?

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2007, 09:40:37 pm »
Quote from: "Mercedes"

Try this link: http://download.yousendit.com/195BD804304E1BFD

Quote from: "ManuelD"
Does anyone know the date when it will be released?

All I know right now is that the album is supposed to be released on 7-7-7.  This is supposed to be the lead single, so it will probably precede it by weeks or even months.
Dustin

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2007, 11:40:35 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Quote from: "Mercedes"

Try this link: http://download.yousendit.com/195BD804304E1BFD

Thank you! :)

I almost didn't believe this was her until I got to the, "And I wait for you to go," part. It made it easier to recognize her there, but editing altered her voice so much that it sounds higher pitched than usual.

Terrible, terrible song. I'm very disappointed.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2007, 12:18:40 am »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"

Well, I read that this will be Channel 7's lead single, so more than likely it will get a video.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2007, 12:32:50 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"

Secondly, there is no way to compare what Vanessa is doing with Nelly Furtado.  Nelly released her single with Timbaland who (like Eminem) has a huge footprint already.  Who is Channel 7?

p.s. Nelly Furtado's new style is cool.  Her songs are catchy and the beats are tight.

I think what some of us meant with the Nelly thing is that she went from "im like a bird" & whatever other pop songs she had like that from her first cd to hip-hop songs like "Promiscious boy" & "maneater". Vanessa goes from one of the biggest pop songs in the world "A thousand miles" & "white houses" to the hip-hop track make love to me. It doesn't matter if one hip-hop artist is well known & ones not, that doesnt have to do with anything (Channel 7's song could still be a big hit since it has V in it), fact is they both went from pure pop, to hip-hop in hopes to get more popular when it definitely worked for Nelly, but people are already saying how funny it is Vanessa is on irv's label (there's a whole thread about it on a popular Kelly Clarkson fan site if you want me to give it to you.. theres not ONE good response). & I know she said she wont dramatically change her style (even tho she did with this song).. just saying.

Not to mention this response from a promosquad member when i posted the song to see what they think
of all the labels...she goes with Irv Gotti...i mean...y not Star Trak, or Good Music, or even Blackground, at least with any of them she woulda had close inner label ties to strong creative teams, BUT NO, she seems hell bent on ending what was once a promising career...

So it probably wont help her career from the responses she's already getting in my opinion.

*breathes*

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2007, 01:11:28 am »
^^ Those are just assumptions though. I mean, you can't really make an opinion on what her album is going to sound like based on "M-A-K-E-L-O-V-E-T-O-M-E" can you? We've heard Vanessa play a lot of songs which the majority of us, if not all, love and we've heard those two recordings that those girls posted and we've seen the chemistry between Vanessa and Irv and we've even had Vanessa say she's not changing her sound, etc. SO, I think if we are going to be basing our opinions (personally, I'll be waiting until I hear her single) then we should take into account ALL of the above.

The people on that Kelly Clarkson forum must not know all of that stuff I mentioned for them to be saying "she seems hell bent on ending what was once a promising career". Irv is building a label that isn't purely just rap, R&B and hip hop anymore. He's basically starting from scratch almost. If all is as it should be, all Vanessa really needs from his label is promotion, which is what lacked on the last album. I mean, Vanessa definetley has the material, and production should be really good too (I understand Irv and 7 are helping produce, but I doubt they'd be doing anything too hip hop on there lol) and so if Vanessa is promoted right this time, she can do good with this album. This really is make or break for her I think, and I 100% believe in her and that if she receives the right promotion, she'll be a hit.

I've had a lot of people who listen to R&B and hip hop ask me about Vanessa and have even asked me to upload some of her songs (8O :D) after hearing that Channel 7 song she's done, so I think she's definetley getting something out of it. One person even wrote:

"I actually kinda think it's tight :oops:"

So yeah, she's getting a buzz around her and even though it's a small one, it's expected simply because the song hasn't been sent to ad's and radio yet, no video, etc, etc. I'm interested in seeing what the video will be like too. It'd be interesting to say the least.

I know a lot of people on other forums were confused as to why V would sign to 'The Inc', but a lot of them (these are people hwo listen to R&B too) understand it's a good move for her and believe that if she's going to make it big, then Irv can do it. But like I keep mentioning, she just needs really good promotion. She's already got hot producers (7, Irv, Linda Perry and Stephen) and we all know how talented Vanessa is, so I'm just gonna keep my opinion until I hear the first single and what direction she's going to go in. I'm REALLY excited about listening to the "Heroes and Thieves" album too. I have a really good feeling about it.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2007, 05:32:45 am »
Okay guys, Nelly Furtado was always interested in rap and hip hop stuff. It isn't like that came completely out of left field. The first time I'd heard of her was when she was on Missy Elliott's "Get Ur Freak On" remix, and that was right around the time her Whoa Nelly CD came out, give or take 6 months on when that single was released.

Another thing with this track is that this isn't Vanessa's track. They may not even mention it is her on the vocals when the song gets radio play. It is very common these days in rap/hip hop music to have someone not from that genre on your track. No one thought Tim McGraw was going to start rapping full time  when he was on Nelly's track, did they?

Don't even get me started on the peeps who think V is making a bad career move by signing with Gotti. Both Gotti and V have nothing to lose and everything to gain by their collaboration, and considering Gotti's previous track record of promotional sucess and the fact his label will be willing to put a large sum of money behind him, I wouldn't bet against him.

At the end of the day, we need to let V be V and have faith in whatever she does. As Mannie Fresh would say, if you don't like it, don't buy it. I personally will continue to support V in whatever direction her career goes, just as I have up to now.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...