Author Topic: NESSAwiki  (Read 17836 times)

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 12:44:17 am »
The photo upload thing will be fixed soon. There are tons of things that have been overlooked. Mediawiki is complicated.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 07:53:18 pm »
Quote from: "Will"
Mediawiki is complicated.

seriously... it seems so simple and easy to use at first, and then you go try and do something remotely advanced, geez. I cant imagine setting one up  :?

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 10:15:19 pm »
Well, you can thank Katia for setting the whole shebang up, even though she's insanely busy at the moment.

Anyway, the issue with file upload is that NESSAholics.com has somewhat limited bandwidth and storage. We're working on measures to discourage people from using the wiki as their personal photo dump. Once we get those issues resolved, we'll turn on file uploads.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 11:19:04 pm »
I already uploaded the file, I think... it's at the Wiki Commons, I forget the web address. But you can see the photo I uploaded if you search there for Be Not Nobody. But maybe what you're saying is that it still takes up space for the nessa wiki itself.

Oh and THANK YOU KATIA!  :D

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
NESSAwiki
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2007, 01:01:46 am »
Ok,

As Will mentioned we did some work on the wiki this weekend and have in place some apache rules to not allow hotlinking and scripts in place to monitor the directory sizes so nothing too crazy happens :)

the allowed image types currently are jpg, jpeg, gif and png.  We can negotiate other file types if anyone has any requests.

If you hotlink, you'll get the cute nessa picture: http://www.nessaholics.com/wiki_no_hotlink.png

btw, if you have something you want to hotlink from us (the wiki portion), please make the request to wiki@nessaholics.com.  We will discuss it and let you know what we think.  We can enable your site to link to certain images, etc.

I see there are quite a few pages but no one has started updating the main page, what's up with that? :)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

charmedguy18

NESSAwiki
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 08:35:07 am »
Lol

big problem

The background of the main page is the "no hotlinking" image.

AND the Heroes and Thieves page still hasn't been deleted so there can be one [album] and one [song] page.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2007, 09:06:28 pm »
I went on it today and it was like blank and the lyrics messed up so I went in and did all of the lyrics section....what do you's think?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 01:30:49 pm »
Looks great. But why does it have to link to Nessaholics lyrics? Can they not all be on there?

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 01:35:26 pm »
Yesh it does look great. I just wanted to say that under lyrics instead of saying Interlude, it says Interlube. LOL, just something I noticed :razz:.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2007, 01:42:46 pm »
lol, i edited that real quick. It's "lude" now. :)

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »
mmhmm never noticed that...thanks for changing it =].

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2007, 04:12:50 pm »
oh and any ideas for like the picture section???

I want us to work on this wiki! it was like made and never updated or anything I think we should continue on with it.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:22 pm »
I always thought it was in the works. and people were preparing it. But what about the pics? Which ones can we post? Do we have to be the owner of the photos to post them? Or can we upload any pics? Either way, we should plan out which pics to upload. Have like 10 or 15 that best reflect V's looks and style.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
I always thought it was in the works. and people were preparing it. But what about the pics? Which ones can we post? Do we have to be the owner of the photos to post them? Or can we upload any pics? Either way, we should plan out which pics to upload. Have like 10 or 15 that best reflect V's looks and style.

mmhm agree. I always thought it was being worked on too but than I clicked history and the last date was like April well before I did the lyrics and stuff. But I really thing we should all work on it.

Suicidalboobs

• View Profile
NESSAwiki
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2007, 03:10:47 pm »
hey itsthefiveofus, i was thinking adding all the released singles under each respective album, for ex. in BNN's section under "The Be Not Nobody Era", we'd put all singles from that album there. don't you think that would be better?

Also does anybody know when Ordinary Day was released to Radio? and pretty baby?