Author Topic: Golden Globes/Oscars 2007  (Read 4881 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Golden Globes/Oscars 2007
« on: January 15, 2007, 08:35:05 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
THIS SHOW IS FREEKING RIGGED! AS A MEMBER OF CLUB HUD AND A JENNIFER SUPPORTER IN GENERAL I AM BOYCOTTING THIS SHOW. It was obvious how they set it up that this show is a sham. They don't do groups with 7 people left, and they put the best 3 in the bottom 3 to get better ratingd, to get more attention, and honestly, it will only lose them viewers by getting rid of Jen. She was amazing, and is going to be a great artist. I have to go, bye!

http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=4597&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=225

Hehe, I knew she was going to be amazing. All my love to Jhud and congrats to her. Diva deserved it!
Joe

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 10:23:50 pm »
oo jus saw what you were talkin about...i mean wow...from idol to a golden globe.... 8O

Hey that ugly betty gal also got a globe...neat...did you see everyone gettin all teary eyed when she gave her acceptance speech...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »
Quote from: "joey"

Hey that ugly betty gal also got a globe...neat...did you see everyone gettin all teary eyed when she gave her acceptance speech...

I was curious America Ferrera's speech

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:47:49 am »
Can you believe America Ferrera's only 22?! Dunno, maybe it's just me, but it shocked me to find out she was born on the same year as me! She gave a great speech but the best speech of the night was, hands down, Hugh Laurie. Hee.

So... a couple of things...

a) Golden Globes-wise.

- Grey's Anatomy won Best Drama! YAY!
- No awards for the actors of Grey's. Shame. At least Hugh Laurie won instead.
- How appalling is it that CLINT EASTWOOD - with Steven Spielberg producing! - won BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM! Seriously. It's an American film, even if it's been filmed in Japanese. I call that cheating.

b) Oscar noms-wise

- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for Little Miss Sunshine! Best film in 2006. I was so surprised to see it nominated, but such a good surprise :)
- Pe a.k.a. Penelope Cruz. Neverconsidered her a good actress, but she's Spanish (and actually did a great job on Volver) so I'm happy she's been nominated
- I loved how moved Salma Hayek was with all of Pan's Labyrinth's and Alejandro Gonzalez IƱarritu's noms. And the little "yay" when Pe was nominated.

Hmm don't think I'm forgetting anything. So, yeah, that's all :)

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 07:46:33 pm »
did anyone see the screen actors guild awards...

Miss Hudson took another award there for best supporting actress....

and the Hugh guy who plays Dr. House took another award...(he won a globe too right...?)

YAY!!!

Myspace...Add me...

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 04:45:48 am »
Ok...Jennifer Hudson is just amazing...an oscar!!! 8O ...

And finally they gave Scorcese an award.... :D

Myspace...Add me...

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 08:54:11 am »
Yeah, I was so happy for Marty. 2/25 is Martin Scorcese Day (for me, at least). Also very happy for Marie-Antoinette. It got so-so reviews, but at least it has an Oscar to its name. Great for J-Hud. She deserved it.
Joe

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 12:21:54 pm »
I was happy for Scorsese too :)

My happiest moments though were the two Oscars for Little Miss Sunshine (Alan Arkin as Best Supporting Actor and Best Original Screenplay for Michael Arndt). As much as I liked Jennifer Hudson on Dreamgirls, I would have preferred to see Abby Breslin win instead. I just adore that film so much, all the awards in the world wouldn't have been enough.

As for the rest, happy to see some Spanish people win for Pan's Labyrinth (it was a Spanish co-production and the people who won for make up and art direction - I think - were all Spanish), sad to see Das Leben Der Anderen take Best Foreign Film instead, but it was a good year for the Oscars all in all. One of the better ones in the last few years methinks.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:21:25 am »
Quote from: "neos"
As for the rest, happy to see some Spanish people win for Pan's Labyrinth (it was a Spanish co-production and the people who won for make up and art direction - I think - were all Spanish), sad to see Das Leben Der Anderen take Best Foreign Film instead, but it was a good year for the Oscars all in all. One of the better ones in the last few years methinks.

Nothing against Spain, Nerea, but Children of Men should have won for Best Cinematography and not Pan's. That was a really disappointing moment for me that night. As for makeup, I could care less. Art Direction didn't have very many really good choices, but I thought Dreamgirls should have won. That's just me, though.
Joe

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 01:40:05 am »
Heh, don't worry, no offense taken! I absolutely loved Children of Men too, AND Dreamgirls (though not as much, it's a great film but I think it's been a bit overhyped, Children of Men on the other side, completely underrated). I don't really have a strong opinion on the artsy categories really, haven't given it much thought - though maybe Children of Men deserved cinematography more, you're right - I'm just happy cause they were Spanish, is all.

In terms of competition, I really think this year was one of the best of late, so many good films competing at a much higher level than many of the nominees in previous years.  Hopefully Hollywood will keep it up in years to come. I'm not counting on it though.