Author Topic: Road Test  (Read 14218 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2007, 10:49:03 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

1) Yeah.  Obv.  Someone cannot drive under stress while a fucking driving instructor is grading them, but he or she will be JUST FINE with a 2 ton semi headed right at their front bumper.  Makes perfect sense.

Yeah she could very well be fine, but if she wasn't fine she wouldn't be the only one who would freak in that situation because MILLIONS of people wouldn't be fine & perfect like yourself in those situations.

2) You never judge people you don't know?  You NEVER comment on the personalities of celebrities you've never met?  You want me to search your past posts and see if there's any proof that you're a hypocrite?  Or do you just want to admit right now that you judge people you've never met every day of your life?

I try to get to know people before I judge them & if I have before I've changed because I know what it's like to be judged (you judging me for being a Paula fan for example when you don't even know why I like her). Celebrities are different because they know their gonna be judged & expect to be judged if they are in the entertainment business (although I try not to judge them either because I know what it feels like to have people judge your idol 24/7). Not saying i'm perfect, but I don't go around thinking i'm better than everyone & critisize everything people say or do.

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2007, 01:13:16 pm »
Actually i remain calm in my vehicle at all times.   When youre driving it IS important that you dont just freak out whenever theres a red flag situation.  Your life isnt the only one at risk.   If you arent safe around other automobiles who could have babies, pets, or hazardous materials in them, then you shouldnt have a license.  Staying calm is essential to makin quick and precise decisions that not only protect you, but everyone around you.
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Laura

• View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2007, 03:37:16 pm »
Yeah people should stay calm & should know what to do, but it's human nature for most people to get nervous in those situations. I admit I should look up what to do when my breaks stop working cuz I wouldn't have a clue, but Samantha could very well know what to do in that situation.. did you guys even bother asking her if she would?  she said
but on all of my drivers ed tests, i got 100's. I knew exactly what i did wrong.
& that she just got nervous with someone judging her every move. Simple as that.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2007, 04:38:04 pm »
I will just say now that her getting 100s on the driver's ed test is really no reflection of how she may be on the road. They are two different things.

But if a tractor trailer was barreling down my lane and 10 ft from my bumper, I'm not sure how calm I would personally be. That doesn't make me a bad driver, just scared of death.

Laura

• View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2007, 04:51:29 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
But if a tractor trailer was barreling down my lane and 10 ft from my bumper, I'm not sure how calm I would personally be. That doesn't make me a bad driver, just scared of death.

Exactly my point, it's human nature.

Anyways, i'm done arguing with Grak & Logical because I don't feel like arguing anymore (not because I can't, you know I wont give up an argument that easily, but because  I'm just tired of it). I'm not reading the rest of this thread so don't bother responding to me cuz I won't see it.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Road Test
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2007, 07:09:18 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
Yeah she could very well be fine, but if she wasn't fine she wouldn't be the only one who would freak in that situation because MILLIONS of people wouldn't be fine & perfect like yourself in those situations.

Apparently, I would be better off than her.  Cause, you know, I passed the drivers exam on my first try.

Quote from: "Laura"
I try to get to know people before I judge them & if I have before I've changed because I know what it's like to be judged (you judging me for being a Paula fan for example when you don't even know why I like her). Celebrities are different because they know their gonna be judged & expect to be judged if they are in the entertainment business (although I try not to judge them either because I know what it feels like to have people judge your idol 24/7). Not saying i'm perfect, but I don't go around thinking i'm better than everyone & critisize everything people say or do.

So, you've never critisized me EVER?  Cause, you dont' even KNOW why I say the things I say.  So do you TRY to get to know me before you critisize me?

Oh... Celebrities are DIFFERENT!  How could I forget that rule!  If you are famous, then it's totally OK for people to judge you and talk about you even though they don't know you, but if you post on a message board then it's totally wrong!

Remember that discussion we had about double standards before?  This is a double standard.  Nice hyprocrisy.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2007, 07:11:19 am »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I will just say now that her getting 100s on the driver's ed test is really no reflection of how she may be on the road. They are two different things.

See Laura?  This is how an intelligent and rational person responds!

Perhaps this is true.  Maybe the drivers test isn't a reflection of how good a driver someone is.  I've never done a study on it.

I can def say that it's not hard ENOUGH, because there are waaaaay too many young people getting into wrecks.  I think there should be a longer trial period before giving someone a license.

It was 30 days back when I got my license.  Now I think it's 6 months.  Needs to be closer to a full year IMO.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 05:07:23 pm »
I passed!!! :)

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 06:22:34 pm »

It was 30 days back when I got my license.  Now I think it's 6 months.  Needs to be closer to a full year IMO.

It's a year here. Sensible enough, I guess, but young people are still involved in many accidents.

It's actually quite hard to pass the driving test here (not the theory though), it's very common to fail at least once before passing.

I actually failed twice! :oops:

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

LimeTwister

Road Test
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 06:55:04 pm »
It's a full year in NC.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Road Test
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2007, 07:09:40 pm »
It is a full year in KY for full license. I turn 16 in 5 days, when I will get my temps. At 16.5, I get my intermediate license, which states that I can only have one person who is not in my immediate family in the car (retaaaarded). At 17, I get my full license.

I fucking hate these laws. I go to school in Ohio and carpooling is really important, especially since there will be 3-5 kids in my town/city/whatever who are going to my school in Ohio. Carpooling in this situation would be really nice, but the state of Kentucky doesn't think so.

And all of my friends, who live in Ohio, get their temps at 15.5 and full license at 16.
Joe

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2007, 07:29:46 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"

YES! Congratulations. now you're FREE. haha

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"

Congrats.

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 12:08:31 pm »
Quote from: "neos"
I actually failed twice! :oops:

8O  8O  8O

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 12:10:19 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
It is a full year in KY for full license. I turn 16 in 5 days, when I will get my temps. At 16.5, I get my intermediate license, which states that I can only have one person who is not in my immediate family in the car (retaaaarded). At 17, I get my full license.

I fucking hate these laws. I go to school in Ohio and carpooling is really important, especially since there will be 3-5 kids in my town/city/whatever who are going to my school in Ohio. Carpooling in this situation would be really nice, but the state of Kentucky doesn't think so.

And all of my friends, who live in Ohio, get their temps at 15.5 and full license at 16.

Trust me.  When I got my license at 16 I still thought it would be a good idea to drive 80 and do shit like racing through residential neighborhoods and shit.

You have to reach a certain age before you have much respect for the car itself.  Or else, you have to have an accident.  The later should be avoided.

---Andrew