Author Topic: Road Test  (Read 14760 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
Road Test
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 12:13:19 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "Jophess"
It was 30 days back when I got my license.  Now I think it's 6 months.  Needs to be closer to a full year IMO.
It is a full year in KY for full license. I turn 16 in 5 days, when I will get my temps. At 16.5, I get my intermediate license, which states that I can only have one person who is not in my immediate family in the car (retaaaarded). At 17, I get my full license.

I fucking hate these laws. I go to school in Ohio and carpooling is really important, especially since there will be 3-5 kids in my town/city/whatever who are going to my school in Ohio. Carpooling in this situation would be really nice, but the state of Kentucky doesn't think so.

And all of my friends, who live in Ohio, get their temps at 15.5 and full license at 16.

Trust me.  When I got my license at 16 I still thought it would be a good idea to drive 80 and do shit like racing through residential neighborhoods and shit.

You have to reach a certain age before you have much respect for the car itself.  Or else, you have to have an accident.  The later should be avoided.

Well, no offense, but I'm a little smarter than that. I don't drink, don't do drugs... I'm pretty damn squeaky clean. I feel like one or two retarded teens going hill-hopping and getting a car full of teens killed are restricting the rest of the state (hell, country even).
Joe

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Road Test
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2007, 02:11:55 pm »
It was 30 days back when I got my license.  Now I think it's 6 months.  Needs to be closer to a full year IMO.
It is a full year in KY for full license. I turn 16 in 5 days, when I will get my temps. At 16.5, I get my intermediate license, which states that I can only have one person who is not in my immediate family in the car (retaaaarded). At 17, I get my full license.

I fucking hate these laws. I go to school in Ohio and carpooling is really important, especially since there will be 3-5 kids in my town/city/whatever who are going to my school in Ohio. Carpooling in this situation would be really nice, but the state of Kentucky doesn't think so.

And all of my friends, who live in Ohio, get their temps at 15.5 and full license at 16.

Trust me.  When I got my license at 16 I still thought it would be a good idea to drive 80 and do shit like racing through residential neighborhoods and shit.

You have to reach a certain age before you have much respect for the car itself.  Or else, you have to have an accident.  The later should be avoided.

Well, no offense, but I'm a little smarter than that. I don't drink, don't do drugs... I'm pretty damn squeaky clean. I feel like one or two retarded teens going hill-hopping and getting a car full of teens killed are restricting the rest of the state (hell, country even).

Yeah... I said the same thing.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 07:09:28 pm »
I passed my driving test the first time I passed it, but seriously, the driving tests here are so easy. It was basically a joke. The hardest thing we had to do was parallel park WITH the instructor helping us. I wouldn't mind the test being harder.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 07:10:47 pm »
not where i live!

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Road Test
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 08:30:14 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
I passed my driving test the first time I passed it, but seriously, the driving tests here are so easy. It was basically a joke. The hardest thing we had to do was parallel park WITH the instructor helping us. I wouldn't mind the test being harder.

We didn't have to even parallel park...
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2007, 12:09:26 am »
yea I had to stop at a few stop signs while driving thru a residential area. Then I turned out of the residential area to a main road for like 2 secs and parked in the DMV lot.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2007, 02:07:40 pm »
just a sam update: i got my ACTUAL licence today...

i'm mobile!!!

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2007, 06:54:54 pm »
When I took it, where I still live, it was on a closed, constructed course. There was a straightaway, a lot of stop signs, parking areas, a place to parallel park blocked off by orange cones (so if you hit one you know you screwed it up), a 3pt turn area, and probably more but I forget right now. Now that I've been driving awhile of course it seems easy, except maybe the parallel parking because I've never had to in real life since, but at the time I was nervous because it was a 'course' not the real roads I was used to.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2007, 07:54:29 pm »
I'm glad you passed! :) See, you had it in you and you did it.

I got my permit and license the first time around. I had a lot of practice and studied endlessly for weeks. The handbook was my bible. Even now I still know the rules of the road and scold people while sitting in the passenger seat.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

jen_spen

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - c_me_dnc@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
    • Email
i remember
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2007, 06:02:36 am »
when i first got my license i drove by myself for the first time and i realized i'd never parked into a parking spot before....... i've had my license now for just over a year and i've only JUST learned how to reverse park.... pretty lame!! :)
http://myspace.com/jenniferpostlemusic
And now that I have held you in my own arms
I can not let go till you are

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2007, 12:24:00 pm »
i pretty much love driving around. I go EVERYWHERE! It's such a pleasure to have a car and drive it where ever you want to go.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
Road Test
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2007, 05:55:29 pm »
Wait until your parents make you the car bitch and send you on errands. O_o
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Road Test
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 09:35:58 pm »
I got my permit about two months before I turned 16 and my full licence the same day a year later, and though I aced the hell out of the written test, the road test was a bare pass because I'd just never had any experience behind the wheel.  Never really had the change to drive anywhere and didn't have a car of my own until my freshman year in college, and even then my mom had to borrow it all the time.  And in all my wrecks, I was the only one in the car.

Now, as of next Thursday, I will have had my licence for a full 11 years, and I'm probably on my way to 300000 miles of driving experience, if I haven't passed it already.
Dustin