Author Topic: Pretty Baby in Ab Major...  (Read 1464 times)

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Pretty Baby in Ab Major...
« on: February 04, 2007, 03:05:22 pm »
Just yesterday I started learning Pretty Baby and thought it would be neat to bring the song down a half-step. I also found that the song was easier to play [and sing to] when I transposed it b/c it has 4 flats; moreover, I've never played anything in Ab before. There's a song [by a another artist] close to my heart that's in Ab, so I was inspired and got the brilliant idea to transpose Pretty Baby down to that key. I never play V's songs exactly like her b/c as an artist myself, so it's fun to put my own interpretation on her music w/o taking anything from it. It's a good thing that Maag transcribed the song the way she did b/c there's much room for inprovisation, although I'm a little disappointed that she didn't throw in the key change that comes near the end. It's okay, b/c there's room to make the song your own. When I went to musicnotes.com a while back I found that you could transpose the song in different keys.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Pretty Baby in Ab Major...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:33:09 am »
Oh thanks!  That program is going to help me train my ear again really fast.  Call it ear eye coordination.