Author Topic: Third Album Almost Done?  (Read 14840 times)

Ivy Lynne

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - look+ivys+on
    • View Profile
    • Email
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 06:47:20 pm »
I hope so too :) shes really earned it
...I see you now, at the show....
7TH IN THE 7TH ROW.

desperado

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 06:56:17 pm »
Do we know if she has any other songs with Linda Perry? This Time is one of ym favorites ever, and Linda is a good lyricist. I hope Linda appears on a few songs.

mellsbells12

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - luvabugg12
    • View Profile
heyy long time no post..
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 10:09:33 pm »
i cannot wait for the third album.  i love hearing the versions of PYHOM, this time, the one and best behavior.  you aussie fans are in for SUCH a treat in february, so happy for you all!!!!!

i feel really good about the new songs and the fact that stevie has taken vanessa under her wing lately, i feel like theres a lot more confidence and professionalism in this album now that she has grown as a person and an artist from the last two.

needless to say, whatever happens i'll still adore anything she puts out for us!!!!!!

<3mellsy :lol:

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
The New Album
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 07:40:11 pm »
I have to agree, not to hate on Stephan, but I don't know if I want him involved in this record....I mean I LOVED Harmonium, but it seemed like he tried to take alot of credit for it....oh well.....it does seem like this album was completed fast, but then again, we are pretty used to waiting  :rainbowafro: BUT I AM SO HAPPY THAT SHE IS ALMOST FINISHED WITH IT!!!!!  YAY! :dances:

Oh and she BETTER release PYHOM as a single, because that would totally go numba one on the charts, it's a phenominal song!

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 09:06:46 pm »
Let me interject something at this point.  I've watched the studio footage with SJ and VC, and what he is doing is taking charge of the situation and getting the performance he wants from Vanessa.  He's teetering on the edge of a tense situation, but he is handling it well.  He's doing what a producer does.  A producer, at any given moment, needs to be an engineer, coach, psychologist, devil's advocate, and about 20 other things.  First and foremost, he must get a performance recorded and maintain focus. Some of you may think he's being a bit edgy, but this is what the job requires.

An album can be tracked and ready to mix in a week, if everything goes VERY well.  I'm going to assume that VC would want to be there for most every overdub after the initial tracking of the rhythm section, and that is where things can take a while.

Dan/NS

bluebutterfly

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/jesster22
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2005, 12:09:27 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Let me interject something at this point.  I've watched the studio footage with SJ and VC, and what he is doing is taking charge of the situation and getting the performance he wants from Vanessa.  He's teetering on the edge of a tense situation, but he is handling it well.  He's doing what a producer does.  A producer, at any given moment, needs to be an engineer, coach, psychologist, devil's advocate, and about 20 other things.  First and foremost, he must get a performance recorded and maintain focus. Some of you may think he's being a bit edgy, but this is what the job requires.

An album can be tracked and ready to mix in a week, if everything goes VERY well.  I'm going to assume that VC would want to be there for most every overdub after the initial tracking of the rhythm section, and that is where things can take a while.

Dan/NS

^ Word

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 07:31:08 am »
Quote from: "nosticker"

Dan/NS

I agree! And that makes him a good producer. When he has to be the producer he is.

desperado

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 07:25:10 pm »
^ Could be. I never thought of it that way.

ThomasEj

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2005, 09:32:23 am »
I never thought about him any other way. I just thought he must be very good in what he does and Harmonium is the perfect example of his work. Other aspect of his personality really don't bother me.
What really counts here is the music they've made and she's making now. I hope the 3rd album will be good, however, I'm afraid it's going to be a littel bit too sissy. New songs are catchy and PYHOM especially. Even my brother always sings along and make his 'philosophical' points that Vanessa is a good singer.
Everything changes Friends become strangers
What we hold so dear slips away
The past keeps on fading, but I'll never forget you

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 07:21:30 pm »
I just think he's bossy.

And you guys can be as hopeful as you want but I'm a complete cynic and I just want to say that if he's producing the album it would never, EVER be mixed in a week. Try 52 weeks. Times two. It's going to take forever. Sorry.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2005, 01:28:10 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I just think he's bossy.

And you guys can be as hopeful as you want but I'm a complete cynic and I just want to say that if he's producing the album it would never, EVER be mixed in a week. Try 52 weeks. Times two. It's going to take forever. Sorry.

Totally, totally true!!! He likes everything perfect! And when I say perfect, I mean really really perfect just like he imagens it.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 01:53:36 pm »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
I just think he's bossy.

Again, this is what a producer needs to do in some situations. A producer IS the boss, and is in charge of the recording session.  Sometimes, you have to kick someone's ass, otherwise the part will not get done, or not get done well. It depends, 'cause everyone requires a different approach.
It's the opposite of what one would think, but sometimes, you must take someone's comfort zone away in order to get that magic onto the track.
In some cases, it's a matter of complacency and indifference on the artist's part.  Other times, pissing them off yields the best take.  Still others, being the "coach" does it.

SJ knows what to do, and consequently, he is successful as a producer.

Also, keep in mind that things going well in the studio do not necessarily make interesting video.

The mixing of an album can be the trickiest part, and can take the longest.
Dunno about 52 weeks!  Does anyone know how long the last album did take to mix?

Dan/NS

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 08:07:45 pm »
Like I said, at least a year.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 08:09:10 pm »
so if she is done recording the album in febuary, it will take a YEAR for it to come out?????????

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Third Album Almost Done?
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 09:05:45 pm »
I really don't think it will take a year, but remember that the release date ultimately is determined by the record company.  Also, the only producer that we have heard of working on this album(from a reliable source) is Linda Perry.

Dan/NS