Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton and Irv Gotti.  (Read 10822 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Re: Vanessa Carlton and Irv Gotti.
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 11:02:30 am »
I think Regina Spektor has got the balance perfectly right. She shifts millions worldwide, plays in arenas and has a huge respect from her peers yet you never see her on the cover of magazines or at award shows and stuff.

I'd be really happy if Vanessa reached that level.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 02:52:13 pm »
I agree. Enough limelight that perfectly balances artistry and fame.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:10 pm »
I thought I was the only one too (about likeing Vanessa being a more subversive artist) I wouldnt want her to be too commercial.
But at the same time, she is my favorite artist and I want to to have enough success so she can make a living, as long as she wants to make a living off of music (hopefully a longggg time)
just my thoughts.  :)

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 05:32:54 pm »
Does anyone else have this odd feeling this might be the last album? :(

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »

I've been thinking that myself, sadly.

'Heroes' almost didn't get made until Stevie persuaded her to, and she didn't even think about doing another record until she wrote "London".

Making an album is costly. Although, I also have the feeling she's one of those people who can't help but write...so even if we don't get more albums, we'll still hear music from her I'm sure.

Nessaholista

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 11:20:51 pm »
in the age of digital downloading you can't make a living by selling cds..  only if you give concerts...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 01:15:55 am »

I've been thinking that myself, sadly.

'Heroes' almost didn't get made until Stevie persuaded her to, and she didn't even think about doing another record until she wrote "London".

Making an album is costly. Although, I also have the feeling she's one of those people who can't help but write...so even if we don't get more albums, we'll still hear music from her I'm sure.

I get that feeling too. But I hope it won't be her last. I'd want her last to be a compilation of her works that didn't make the cut in the previous records. Something that can make the circle complete, if you know what I mean.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 01:32:32 am »
Vanessa needs to get with the times & spend more time on her Twitter, Myspace, Facebook, etc. I'm not saying spend every spare minute she's got online, but enough to build a relationship with her fans (other than with her music) and promote herself more. She could be much popular than she is just by doing that.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 06:02:03 am »
I cannot agree more.

sabasaba

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 11:42:56 am »

I sometimes feel very very possessive of Vanessa and don't really shove her music my friends' faces (anymore :P). I'm a very very selfish little NESSAholic

me too lol

This! I totally agree and feel the same way. However, a part of me is angry that she's so underrated, especially since she's a thousand times better than most, if not all, the crap they're playing on the radio these days. I feel like no one's making any sincere, real music anymore, if that makes sense - and the ones that are always seem to fly under the radar. In a nutshell, I do want Vanessa all for myself (ourselves, in this case) but I also want her music out there. It's too good to be ignored, no denying that.

sabasaba

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 11:44:46 am »
I think Regina Spektor has got the balance perfectly right. She shifts millions worldwide, plays in arenas and has a huge respect from her peers yet you never see her on the cover of magazines or at award shows and stuff.

I'd be really happy if Vanessa reached that level.

Agreed.

sabasaba

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 11:53:13 am »

I do :(

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

I do :(

NOO! I can't think about that. I don't know what I would do if she stopped. I need her music like a drug.

CelestialHorse

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 05:55:13 pm »
Yeah, I really don't feel either way if there would be a 5th CD. Seriously, I feel like even the TV/movie is sucking too(In terms of entertainment) and I agree-I wish that the REALLY good singers/bands can get more attention. The ones that get tons of attention aren't even that good. Thank to you guys I find singers that seem to be similar to who I like to listen to and they go under the radar sadly. >.> But yeah I am glad that we can always find good singers!

I will admit, it sucks and it is hard to find albums of some singers you want CDs of D: Ahh how I love you ebay and amazon.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 06:14:33 pm »
Oh... Puh... LEEEZE!!!

Why are people thinking this is her last album?

It's not like she's writing a novel and this is like the last one a series.

She is going to keep writing cos as someone said she's definitely one of those people who can't help but write. And even if she doesn't manage to release another album almost immediately, I wouldn't mind waiting for however long till she is (as we were assuming, 'financially' able) to release one.

I've been a NESSAholic for a long time now and I can honeslty say the instant at which she stop promoting her current album and starts premiering songs from her new one at sporadic concerts definitely is one of the most amazing-est feelings in the world. I still remember the days of "Pyhom"(:P) and how awesome it was when only The One, This Time and it were known from H & T.

If we're lucky, maybe one of her songs maybe catchy enough for mainstream and she could do like well enough.

And she's always got that bloody single ATM for which I can tell you she probably gets paid big bucks! I mean come on Archuleta is going about singing it everywhere he friggin goes. You could YouTube find a billion more vids of him singing the song than her.

I know this is not her last album.

She is definitely gonna get better with age and I can't wait.
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...