Author Topic: Tool  (Read 2857 times)

drummerboy512

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - armydrummer@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alpur2
    • View Profile
Tool
« on: December 20, 2003, 10:19:11 am »
These guys are amazing...Danny Carey is god on the drums.
Lunatic to Love

Nightmare Nikki

• AOL Instant Messenger - NightmareNikki0
    • View Profile
Tool
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 11:11:09 am »
Don't know anything about the band members, but I saw them live a little over a year ago.  Amazing.  I love their music, my favorite is Lateralus.  They have such a great style.

drummerboy512

• MSN Messenger - armydrummer@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - alpur2
    • View Profile
Tool
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 09:26:35 pm »
yeah they do have a great style
Lunatic to Love

Nobody's Hero

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NobodysHero01
    • View Profile
    • http://www.michaelmolino.com/
Tool
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 06:29:14 pm »
I'm very impressed that this board had Rush, Dream Theater, and Tool threads that I didn't have to start... even if they are all old and got very few replies.  I've only seen Tool live once - and I wore a Tori Amos T-Shirt just for the sheer humor factor... It got a few odd glances.
"Embrace this moment.  Remember.  We are eternal.  All this pain is an illusion."
blog photos

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Tool
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:53:01 am »
Maynard James Keenan has to be one of the most talented people making records, and the band is just ultimately musically genious in my personal opinion, and thousands of fans surely support me. although i think i'm the only one on this board seeing as though there's not yet been a thread for them!

they've been around since 1990, but have recently hit "fame.".. or atleast more fame than they've had.. some fans are mad about this.

my boyfriend is an avid fan and got me into them, mostly so with their most recent album "10,000 days" that came out this summer.

this is one of the most creatively diverse concept albums i've ever heard.

the best part of this album is the song "10,000 days (The Wings Part II) and seems to have this chilling effect on everyone i know. the song is long, i think 9 minutes (and has a part 1 which is long too) and this one part.., 5 minutes into the song is just ... amazing, and gives me chills EVERY time i listen to it. even if im not paying attention to it. i don't know what it is.

i recommend you check it out :)
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Tool
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:31:41 am »
ok the search thing definately doesnt work (even though people tell me otherwise ) cos i searched for a tool thread twice before i posted and got no results!
atleast no one yelled at me this time in red font. maybe it's cos i've moved over to the VCUB side ;p hehe
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Tool
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 08:34:35 am »
Quote from: "Jessica"
ok the search thing definately doesnt work (even though people tell me otherwise ) cos i searched for a tool thread twice before i posted and got no results!
atleast no one yelled at me this time in red font. maybe it's cos i've moved over to the VCUB side ;p hehe

Other Musicians Thread Anthology > Search function.

Well, maybe I just think that because I've spent hours updating it  :oops:.

But yeah, for this section you probably can check that to see if there is a thread about an artist, and if it hasn't been updated in a bit check the first two pages or so.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...