Poll

Would you pay the twenty dollars to meet them?

Hell yeah!!
19 (82.6%)
Hell no!! Greedy bastards!!
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: October 31, 2003, 07:39:40 am

Author Topic: Would You Pay Twenty Dollars...  (Read 7877 times)

Alecs

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Would You Pay Twenty Dollars...
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2003, 11:21:53 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
I don't even meet them when they are right in front of me and it is free!  Why would I pay to do it....

I wished it wouldn't be that blunt....I WOULD however meet them if they were supporting a charity and I had to meet them to donate :wink:  :razz:

tylor

why don't you?  :?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 12:05:52 am »
Quote from: "Alecs"
I don't even meet them when they are right in front of me and it is free!  Why would I pay to do it....

I wished it wouldn't be that blunt....I WOULD however meet them if they were supporting a charity and I had to meet them to donate :wink:  :razz:

tylor

why don't you?  :?

Well, because so many people want to meet them.  Why bother them?  I do however want to meet some people who were famous but are now homeless and such things so I can help them.....oh well......

Also two people I want to meet are Jessica Weiser and Eric Lisardo.  Now that would be cool.

tylor

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2003, 12:09:10 am »
Wait, I've already met Eric Lisardo........

Maybe again......erm.......if possible.

tylor

PintOGuinness

• VCUBs
  • Your true colors shown
  • My face is on milk cartons
    • ICQ Messenger - 3162963
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PintOGuinnessVC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.buckheadyouthorchestra.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2003, 03:36:56 am »
The poll said I wasn't allowed to say "It depends on who it is"  so overall in general there's not very many people i go out and buy their CDs.  Hell I don't even download MP3s anymore.  Radio works alright for me.  But for specific folks I'd be waing the cash around...
-- Jason

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2003, 04:19:48 am »
I definetly would. It blatantly is selling meetings, but who cares!? You buy the music for an extortionate price anyway! Its not often that you have a chance to meet a star, and if something is more concrete than hanging around outside the stage door then why not!?
"I'm all about the wordplay."

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2003, 05:12:54 am »
only if it was someone i've been DYING to meet (ie: Taking Back Sunday, Stephan Jenkins, Rooney.....).

at the broadway shows in NYC they have it so that if you pay $250 you can meet and dine with the stars (all the money goes to an AIDS research foundation)........$250 to meet Bernadette Peters.....I'm there :D

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2003, 09:01:59 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
at the broadway shows in NYC they have it so that if you pay $250 you can meet and dine with the stars (all the money goes to an AIDS research foundation)........$250 to meet Bernadette Peters.....I'm there :D

That sounds cool......If only I was into broadway......If I am ever in NYC and have an extra $250 I might do it anyway.......

By the way, I have no idea who she is LOL

tylor

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2003, 10:37:20 am »

That sounds cool......If only I was into broadway......If I am ever in NYC and have an extra $250 I might do it anyway.......

tylor

lol she's one of the most famous Broadway/musical actresses EVER, and my personal favorite.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2003, 05:18:09 pm »
I would if it were someone I really liked, and especially if I knew it was probably the only chance I had at meeting them at that particular venue.

I think it is kind of cool, especially for the people who are at the show as "first timers" or people who have not but want to buy the CD and then they get to have it signed and whatever too.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

notagirl

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2003, 10:55:59 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
I definetly would. It blatantly is selling meetings, but who cares!? You buy the music for an extortionate price anyway! Its not often that you have a chance to meet a star, and if something is more concrete than hanging around outside the stage door then why not!?

Exactly, how often do you get to meet a star. If the money's for charity, even better. I would even miss work. If Nessa was coming here for a signing, I'd miss work for that.
Brunettes Rule!   MMV
CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL!
Cards4Life

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2003, 11:16:16 am »
I would for sure

danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2003, 12:32:23 pm »

tylor

well - bernedette has been in many movies also - she was in the movie version of annie - she was rooster's girlfriend/wife ??? - that's my fave bernedette peters role - however at the moment my mind has drawn a blank as to other movies she has been in...

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2003, 12:51:21 pm »
Quote from: "divasteph"

tylor

well - bernedette has been in many movies also - she was in the movie version of annie - she was rooster's girlfriend/wife ??? - that's my fave bernedette peters role - however at the moment my mind has drawn a blank as to other movies she has been in...

Oh yeah, I remember that.......I think I know who now.....

tylor

rroo

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.vanessacarlton.info
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2003, 03:47:51 pm »
Most dutch record stores charge more than 20 euro's (= $23) for a cd. If I can get it cheaper by meeting someone, then I guess I can make some time for him/her.  :wink:

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2003, 04:12:53 pm »
Quote from: "rroo"
Most dutch record stores charge more than 20 euro's (= $23) for a cd. If I can get it cheaper by meeting someone, then I guess I can make some time for him/her.  :wink:

lmao

tylor