Author Topic: what ever happened to the song "Rinse"  (Read 4391 times)

LimeTwister

what ever happened to the song "Rinse"
« on: November 03, 2003, 06:34:21 pm »
I am very sad that she never released this wonderful song...

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 06:58:02 pm »
If Pretty Baby had conquered the charts I'm sure they would have moved forward with the 4th single, but since it flopped (thanks MTV :finger: ) they decided not to push it any furthar and move ahead with VC2.
I would have liked to see it as a single too.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 08:59:35 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"
If Pretty Baby had conquered the charts I'm sure they would have moved forward with the 4th single, but since it flopped (thanks MTV :finger: ) they decided not to push it any furthar and move ahead with VC2.

i agree, especially since it doesn't sound like the previous singles.  I think it would have surprised the people who had not heard the rest of the album.  Actually, I know several people who are just getting into Vanessa because of songs like Rinse and Wanted and Twilight.  They didn't like the pop-ish sounds of ATM and OD and the rediculously overproduced radio edit of Pretty Baby, but they loved the sound of the other songs.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 09:09:00 pm »
Quote from: "blackvulture"

Yeah, I'd have liked to see it as a single too... but Pretty Baby flopping wasn't all MTV's fault. I still think the fact that they tried and failed miserably to make a remix that would attract the general public played a big role in that ... I think if they'd have used the original edit it would have BLOWN UP on AC (at the least), but that is just my opinion  8)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 08:41:46 am »
vanessa sure seemed excited about that song being a single and all, ...and i think its unfiar!
i totally wanted this song to be a single (even when we didnt know what the 3rd one would be, i wanted it to be Rinse)
so, not hearing it after vanessa even said it was going to be the 4th single..... well that sucks. :cry:  :cry:
im sure it would've gotten lots of #1s on TRL and had a kick ass video.

Alecs

• View Profile
ummm
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 01:38:58 pm »
yep I agree with Kevin. If MTV hadn't edited the Pretty Baby video it would have been funnier and catchy to a much more broad audience. Then they probably would have went on to the single for Rinse. It sux that so many peeps are missing out on such good tunes huh?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 01:47:20 pm »
Pretty Baby gets played in the McDonalds thats in Glasgow Town and its the non radio edit one.  Plus I didnt request it :?

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

Alecs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 01:52:04 pm »
Quote from: "pianoguy88"
Pretty Baby gets played in the McDonalds thats in Glasgow Town and its the non radio edit one.  Plus I didnt request it :?

thats odd and cool. I never hear it anywhere besides my stereo at home...
"The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw..."

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 01:58:06 pm »
They played it a few times in Cincy. I heard it mostly at the Ice Rink.
Joe

irice22

Pretty Baby
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2003, 11:39:54 am »
I am so shocked that "Prett Baby" flopped (well, it didn't do that bad, #21 isn't a terrible peak). I heard it on the radio quite a bit and it did make Now 12! Technically they could have released a fourth single since Shakira did after a peak of #23. "Pretty Baby" was an extremely radio-friendly and catchy song. MTV may have been at fault too, but so is Interscope. Interscope didn't release her two follow-ups to Hot AC and AC radio. That was a mistake, those could have been her two best formats. Instead they only released them to pop which is just crowded with rap and Christina Aguilera.

Anyway, is she did release a fourth single I wish it would have been "Unsung." I think she should have shown the world that she has upbeat fun songs too. Although, I do love "Rinse."

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2003, 12:47:21 pm »
PB get played here alot

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2003, 08:11:13 pm »
I think that when she posted the "rinse is my 4th single thing," that was a poser who had the password to the account.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

missbehavior

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2003, 08:12:37 pm »
In KFCs across Australia, they play ATM and PB - the latter is strange because it was never released as a single here.

Rinse would have been an awesome single...I think Vanessa wanted it as a single...

Lucy-san

Re: Pretty Baby
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2003, 09:01:15 pm »
Quote from: "irice22"
I I think she should have shown the world that she has upbeat fun songs too. Although, I do love "Rinse."

that definitely doesn't appear to be her intent anymore. But dont you think the songs she chose for singles were her most upbeat and fun songs (well unless maybe she chose unsung or paint it black). She definitely didn't release any of the edgier stuff off BnN, which saddened me a bit. But now I'm happy that she'll definitely be doing that with her "goth" outlook of late.

Does anyone know or is anyone willing to hazard a guess at her first single off album numero deux. I think it will be her biggest hit so far, especially if she chooses wisely. That seems to be the trend of hits, 1st single off second album is the biggest.

Lucy-san

Re: Pretty Baby
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2003, 09:02:34 pm »
bleh...double post.