0 (0%)
1 (2.9%)
0 (0%)
1 (2.9%)
0 (0%)
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: October 17, 2004, 02:11:08 pm

Author Topic: How good is NESSAholics.com? ---October 10-16, 2004  (Read 22218 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
How good is NESSAholics.com? ---October 10-16, 2004
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2004, 08:30:05 am »
Quote from: "BWilli"
Quote from: "Grakthis"
The proof is in an older thread from the o-board.

Here's the thread

Oh...and hilarious and funny are synonyms...check a thesaurus

http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q=Funny

Woah woah woah woah.  I found Steve Erkle funny at times too, but that sure as fuck doesn't mean I thought he was witty.  I was laughing AT him.

Much as I was doing to YOU in that THREAD.  You were playing the role of provoker with really bad insults and taunts.  It was funny.  Probably not intentionally so.

Not witty in the slightest, and by no means hilarious.  They are not synonyms, there is a clear connotational difference.  Funny < Hilarious.

If I declare a movie HILARIOUS then it's a lot more than just Funny.

you can say that all you want right now because you don't like me.  and i never claimed I had proof that you thought I was witty, only funny.  

There's my proof.  I'm content with that.

and yes, funny and hilarious are still synonyms..thesaurus' don't lie...

Done.  

You've claimed to be done 9 times.  Wanna make it 10?

If you think funny and hilarious are synonyms then I suddenly understand why you support Bush.  Because you're a fucking moron.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2004, 08:38:20 am »
From Thesaurus.com:

Entry:   Funny
Function:   adjective
Definition:   humorous
Synonyms:   a scream, absurd, amusing, antic, blithe, capricious, clever, comic, comical, diverting, droll, entertaining, facetious, farcical, for grins, gas, gay, gelastic, good-humored, hilarious, humdinger, humorous, hysterical, jocose, jocular, joking, jolly, killing, knee-slapper, laughable, ludicrous, merry, mirthful, playful, priceless, rich, ridiculous, riot, riotous, risible, side-splitting, silly, slapstick, sportive, waggish, whimsical, witty

Done (10)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2004, 10:12:31 am »
From Thesaurus.com:

Synonyms:   a scream, absurd, amusing, antic, blithe, capricious, clever, comic, comical, diverting, droll, entertaining, facetious, farcical, for grins, gas, gay, gelastic, good-humored, hilarious, humdinger, humorous, hysterical, jocose, jocular, joking, jolly, killing, knee-slapper, laughable, ludicrous, merry, mirthful, playful, priceless, rich, ridiculous, riot, riotous, risible, side-splitting, silly, slapstick, sportive, waggish, whimsical, witty

Done (10)

That's 10!

So, now that your terribly clever thesaurus has identified RICH, WITTY, GAY, GAS, HUMDINGER and ABSURD as all being interchangeable, I will feel free to replace funny with these words at random.

I am gas.  I am priceless.  Waggella is gay.  Katia is regularly humdinger.  Her dancing nanner is witty.

You are not riot.

Strangely enough, you *are* absurd AND ridiculous.  Hu.  Wait! BUT THOSE ARE THE SAME WORD!!!! AHHHHH! LOGIC OVERFLOW!

First, that thesaurus is just wrong.  As any english speaker would agree.  That is more a list of possible words that might have a SIMILAR use given a specific context.  Those are NOT synonyms according to the deffintion of the word synonym.

Second, if you do not understand the concept of connotation, I suggest you go back to high school.  Actually, I suggest you go back to High School regardless.  You have a lot to learn.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2004, 10:22:32 am »
From Thesaurus.com:

Done (10)

That's 10!

So, now that your terribly clever thesaurus has identified RICH, WITTY, GAY, GAS, HUMDINGER and ABSURD as all being interchangeable, I will feel free to replace funny with these words at random.

I am gas.  I am priceless.  Waggella is gay.  Katia is regularly humdinger.  Her dancing nanner is witty.

You are not riot.

Strangely enough, you *are* absurd AND ridiculous.  Hu.  Wait! BUT THOSE ARE THE SAME WORD!!!! AHHHHH! LOGIC OVERFLOW!

First, that thesaurus is just wrong.  As any english speaker would agree.  That is more a list of possible words that might have a SIMILAR use given a specific context.  Those are NOT synonyms according to the deffintion of the word synonym.

Second, if you do not understand the concept of connotation, I suggest you go back to high school.  Actually, I suggest you go back to High School regardless.  You have a lot to learn.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=synonym

syn·o·nym

1.  A word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or other words in a language.

that's from dictionary.com

definition of "synonym" from Merriam Webster Dictionary:

one of two or more words in the same language which have the same or very nearly similar meaning

funny and hilarious are at least nearly the same, therefore synonyms

Done there's 11

keith

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - keithrj997
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2004, 10:33:34 am »
The winner of this bout by total knockout...and still champion, Grakthis.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2004, 10:37:02 am »
Quote from: "keith"
The winner of this bout by total knockout...and still champion, Grakthis.

eh, i'm still standing.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2004, 11:16:22 am »
From Thesaurus.com:

Done (10)

That's 10!

You are not riot.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=synonym

syn·o·nym

1.  A word having the same or nearly the same meaning as another word or other words in a language.

that's from dictionary.com

definition of "synonym" from Merriam Webster Dictionary:

one of two or more words in the same language which have the same or very nearly similar meaning

funny and hilarious are at least nearly the same, therefore synonyms

Done there's 11

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH

You missed the forest for the trees son.

Your entire argument was that I called you Hilarious.  You demonstrated that I called you Funny.  You then used the word "synonym" as your proof that calling you funny was the same as calling you hilarious.

Now according to the SELECTIVE definition of Synonym you have chosen to use (Your own passage is but a snippet of the larger definition, but since you defeat yourself with it, I'm happy to accept it) it clearly declares that they have only "nearly the same" meaning.

Which, means I did not call you hilarious.  I called you something that was very "nearly the same" as hilarious.  Which apparently includes absurd and ridiculous.

So I have 3 times now called you something that is very "nearly the same" as hilarious.

I have no yet called you hilarious.

You can admit to being wrong now.

BTW, the parts of the definition you actually wanted to use were "A word or an expression that serves as a figurative or symbolic substitute for another" or "One of two or more words (commonly words of the same language) which are equivalents of each other" and "may often be used interchangeably."  But those would have defeated you too because anyone who thinks ridiculous and hilarious are interchangeable is a complete moron.  Either way you lose.

BTW, I think you should just add "Done" or "I'm done talking to you, Grakthis" to your sig.  Might save you from typing it after every response you make to me.

---Andrew

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2004, 11:30:18 am »
Your entire argument was that I called you Hilarious.  You demonstrated that I called you Funny.  You then used the word "synonym" as your proof that calling you funny was the same as calling you hilarious.

Now according to the SELECTIVE definition of Synonym you have chosen to use (Your own passage is but a snippet of the larger definition, but since you defeat yourself with it, I'm happy to accept it) it clearly declares that they have only "nearly the same" meaning.

Which, means I did not call you hilarious.  I called you something that was very "nearly the same" as hilarious.  Which apparently includes absurd and ridiculous.

So I have 3 times now called you something that is very "nearly the same" as hilarious.

BTW, the parts of the definition you actually wanted to use were "A word or an expression that serves as a figurative or symbolic substitute for another" or "One of two or more words (commonly words of the same language) which are equivalents of each other" and "may often be used interchangeably."  But those would have defeated you too because anyone who thinks ridiculous and hilarious are interchangeable is a complete moron.  Either way you lose.

BTW, I think you should just add "Done" or "I'm done talking to you, Grakthis" to your sig.  Might save you from typing it after every response you make to me.

i never said you called me hilarious....i said you thought i was hilarious, I know that the words "Brian is hilarious" never came out of your mouth.

however:

Does anyone else...
find B'dub playing the role of Salacious Crumb as funny as I do?
---Andrew

that quote of yours from the o-board shows that you once found me to be funny

i believe that's what began that last part of this whole thing.

I proved what i said i would prove

all the best to you Dems and Kerry in the election

he still doesn't get my vote (which is again why this whole thing was started)

and since this is it, i'll just type it in one last time

done with you (i think that was 12 according to your count)

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2004, 11:32:42 am »
!newsflash! voting for Bush makes YOU STEWPID!

pwned b@ches!
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2004, 11:35:15 am »
Steve Erkle

pssst. It's Urkle.  :wink:  :razz:

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2004, 11:43:26 am »
!newsflash!  the literary police have entered the thread, please disown all phonic truancy at this time.  If you are incapable of correctly spelling and/or using punctuation omgwtfbye2u
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2004, 11:45:22 am »
Quote from: "Logikal X"
!newsflash!  the literary police have entered the thread, please disown all phonic truancy at this time.  If you are incapable of correctly spelling and/or using punctuation omgwtfbye2u

hah, now that was funny  :lol:

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2004, 11:48:47 am »

Did you mean FUNNY FUNNY boy?  Just want to make sure you arent calling me a humdinger  :wink:

BWilli

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2004, 11:49:55 am »

Did you mean FUNNY FUNNY boy?  Just want to make sure you arent calling me a humdinger  :wink:

Hilariously Funny   :D

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2004, 11:51:32 am »

i never said you called me hilarious....i said you thought i was hilarious, I know that the words "Brian is hilarious" never came out of your mouth.

however:

Does anyone else...
find B'dub playing the role of Salacious Crumb as funny as I do?
---Andrew

that quote of yours from the o-board shows that you once found me to be funny

i believe that's what began that last part of this whole thing.

I proved what i said i would prove

all the best to you Dems and Kerry in the election

he still doesn't get my vote (which is again why this whole thing was started)

and since this is it, i'll just type it in one last time

done with you (i think that was 12 according to your count)

This really had/has nothing to do with the election.  I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

And you are using my declaration that I thought you were acting funny as proof that I THOUGHT you were hilarious?  Note the difference between your ACTIONS being funny and YOU being funny.

You are using my actions to demonstrate my thoughts?!?

How terribly subjective of you.  Are you a psychologist?  Cause if so I have this whole "kill my dad sleep with my mom" thing I'd like you to help me out with.

So we've established that I never said you were hilarious.  And we've established that I said you were funny, but this is not the same as thinking you are funny nor is it the same as thinking you are hilarious.

So basically, you pulled "you think I'm hilarious" out of your ass.

Still waiting for your proof.

---Andrew