Author Topic: 4/23/2007: Pier 94 - New York, NY  (Read 15621 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
4/23/2007: Pier 94 - New York, NY
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 10:31:23 pm »
I wished things were not always on short notice; not always but stuff like this.  There is no way I can ride my bike/walk/drive to NYC in four days. :wink: (And some of you know how true that is)

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 11:28:07 pm »
I'm simply struggling to have money for groceries and gas for my day to day living... I just would be dumb to spend $200 to go to the city, in which case I'd have to miss classes which will lower my grade in those courses (attendence policies) which just all doesn't seem quite worth it.  As much as I love V... I need to eat and graduate on time haha.
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 11:46:17 pm »
I would miss work, school, and anything else to be there! AND pay...but I live in Southern California. What a bust...went to hollywood at midnight to get a wristband to see avril, then went back on thursday to actually see her. I would do the same for V if she was performing around here.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 12:44:37 am »
Quote from: "Gina"
I'm simply struggling to have money for groceries and gas for my day to day living... I just would be dumb to spend $200 to go to the city, in which case I'd have to miss classes which will lower my grade in those courses (attendence policies) which just all doesn't seem quite worth it.  As much as I love V... I need to eat and graduate on time haha.

oh ya no doubt. attendance policies are a bitch and college life is already too expensive... v should do a campus tour. that would be bad ass

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 01:35:58 am »
Vanessa is going to be BIG.  I can feel it.  And as you guys being her fans for five years even at not so great times and long extended times of nothing much going on, he is extending a hand out to you to be a part of it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Am I right, majakilmon?  Or even partially right?

As you can see he is being pretty cool, e.g., trying to help getting people to shows  ---in this case even out of his own pocket, letting us know she is performing, and keeping us updated on what is coming up.  Your personal liaison to motivating the fans and spreading the word; basically marketing vanessa and fan relations, so and so forth.

I know it is a depressing time for alot of people, but I say it is time to get out of hibernation and get excited!

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 02:27:53 am »
Is anyone going.... for sure...?? Do you think she'll perform My Best..?? I dont wanna miss that...( Or maybe She'll play more popular songs...??)...

And where did Kulp get that poster from??

Oh and its nice to see some one with news join this forum and keep us informed... :)
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 06:21:04 am »
i would go if it wasn't on such short notice. I also have the 3EB concert the next night.

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 06:44:46 am »
I'd sit here and say I'd miss all that for a V show... and quite honestly I would... except for the fact that I simply won't be able to live here if I spent the extra 200 dollars.  I have no job right now, my tutoring position ended.  Right now I have 40 dollars to my name... I'm suuuuch a poor college kid.  And on top of that I have to pay for summer classes in order to get my master's done on time.  I'm sure V will be playing somewhere in NY sometime in the near future, if she wasn't then I'd probably be an idiot and go to this show.  But it's a political event that I really don't care about and she's only playing 3 songs.  I'd rather see a full length show :D
Gina

majakilmon

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - majakilmon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/killmonm
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 11:23:12 am »
u guys rock... keep ur ideas coming!! :-)
Express Yourself, DOn't Repress Yourself

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 11:52:32 am »
Quote from: "Gina"
I'd sit here and say I'd miss all that for a V show... and quite honestly I would... except for the fact that I simply won't be able to live here if I spent the extra 200 dollars.  I have no job right now, my tutoring position ended.  Right now I have 40 dollars to my name... I'm suuuuch a poor college kid.  And on top of that I have to pay for summer classes in order to get my master's done on time.  I'm sure V will be playing somewhere in NY sometime in the near future, if she wasn't then I'd probably be an idiot and go to this show.  But it's a political event that I really don't care about and she's only playing 3 songs.  I'd rather see a full length show :D

Amen to that.

I think it's great that Vanessa is stepping up for her political beliefs - especially at a time like this when it's really important for people to take action ([/personalpoliticalplug]) - but for $100 3 songs is just not enough. Also, the fact that it's on a weekday, and a Monday no less, makes it even more difficult for people to be able to go. I've never understood why so many concerts are during the week - weekend shows are much more accessable to a wider audience. So when she's playing in upstate new york on a weekend for under $75, Gina and I will be there in the front singing our little hearts out :-)

majakilmon

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - majakilmon
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/killmonm
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007, 11:54:17 am »
ill be right there with ya!
Express Yourself, DOn't Repress Yourself

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 01:28:12 pm »
I call a show in Paris.
No no, not Paris, TX, Paris in FRANCE. You heard me.
I can even help moving stuff to the venue.  :razz:
[/off topic]
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Gina

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 03:00:48 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
So when she's playing in upstate new york on a weekend for under $75, Gina and I will be there in the front singing our little hearts out :-)

you better believe it.  I'll be there if it's over the summer in the city even, if I don't have classes.  I can probably make it to Western PA shows too and Ohio or even Toronto.  Being in buffalo has it's perks, but being at home is much closer to the city.  I can't wait for shows :D
Gina