Author Topic: Queen Mary of Australia?!?!?!  (Read 2182 times)

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Queen Mary of Australia?!?!?!
« on: May 13, 2004, 09:32:08 pm »
Of all the fairytales, the truth is often the most unbelieveable ...

Well, once upon  time in a place far far away ... also known as the ass end of the world ... there lived an ordinary girl called Mary. There was nothing particualrly special about Mary ... but there was something about this Mary that would intrigue a very handsome stranger.
Juan Antonia Samaranch the then president of the International Olympic Committee uttered the fateful words on some day in 1993 ... "and the winner is Sydney Australia" and the stage was set for ordinary Mary to become the future Queen of Denmark ...
Seven years later ... on a VERY exciting night when all of Australia was hudled around their television waiting for their "son" Ian Thorp aka Thorpido was racing in his beloved 400m event, Mary decided to head over to watch the event at a very ordinary bar ... a bar that I've frequented on >1 ocassion. It was there that Mary caught the attention of a very handsome and very Royal man ... who was there pretending to be low key ... playing it very cool, and pretending to "blend in" as he sipped Australian BEER ... he was also known as the Prince of Denmark ... this last bit of information was unbeknown to Mary, and she began to flirt shamelessly and show much interest in our very handsome stranger ... but being an Aussie woman, she thought that's as far as it was going to go... she'd tease him one night, and not call him again!
Howver, towards the end of night, when the celebrations had ded down and the drunks bounced out of the bar, he took her back to her house, and he professed his undying love for Mary and told her how he could not manage another day without her. How he had fallen in love at first site, and how it would not be worth living if he weren't living for her. (i'm not sure if that really happened, but it did in this story) And the rest as they say is history.

Tonight, Denmark is getting a Queen, and Australia is adopting a King.
And ordinary woman from the ass end of the world has in reality met her prince who swept her off her feet, and she in turn completed his life ...

aaahhh such a romantic story. Almost makes you believe in love ;-)
My friends and I are having a Royal party because we are so sad LOL :-)
I love weddings LOL :-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 03:43:47 am »
*wipes tear from eye* beautiful story Zena :razz: that's cool though, kind of like the plot from The Prince and Me but different :-P

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 05:00:49 am »
The most unbelieveable indeed Z :o I haven't seen Australia this interested
in a Royal Wedding since Diana Spencer became a princess :wink: Nice fairytale

btw - to quote Juan Antonia Samaranch correctly you have to syllablise the
Sydney part lol... "and the winner is Sy-d-ney Australia" Enjoy the party :D

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2004, 01:20:28 am »
it was beautiful wasn't it?
A true fairytale.
She's so lucky!

~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2004, 05:23:25 am »
Oooh I was watching a news show we have here, called 20/20, and they were doing a special on Royals (because Americans are lame and are fascinated with all of the Royals :-P) And they featured them on it! They compared it to the movie The Prince And Me, which has a very similar plot line

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2004, 05:28:29 am »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
Oooh I was watching a news show we have here, called 20/20, and they were doing a special on Royals (because Americans are lame and are fascinated with all of the Royals :-P) And they featured them on it! They compared it to the movie The Prince And Me, which has a very similar plot line

LOL
YES!
You know sometimes, real life is stranger than fiction!!!
It's also like every other prince/princess lameo movie. except this REALLY happened! Which makes it ok ;-)
They were so cute but, such a cute couple.
he's SSSSOOO CUTE!
Looks like Jason Mraz!

~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2004, 05:38:33 am »
lol i saw him and i was like "daaaamn he looks goood!" LMAO - they are a very good couple! She seems very sweet and well, he's a prince, so he's kick ass by default.

OOOOh and they showed the Italian prince.....HELLO

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2004, 07:00:29 am »
lol i saw him and i was like "daaaamn he looks goood!" LMAO - they are a very good couple! She seems very sweet and well, he's a prince, so he's kick ass by default.

he's kick ass by default LMAO! :-)
funny..
I know, she seems so sweet, and humble, and just NICE! Like "the girl next door!" ... and she always looks IMMACULATE! So well groomed.

italialians .. mmmmm humona humona humona! :-)

~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2004, 07:41:19 am »
Quote from: "Zena"

he's kick ass by default LMAO! :-)
funny..
I know, she seems so sweet, and humble, and just NICE! Like "the girl next door!" ... and she always looks IMMACULATE! So well groomed.

italialians .. mmmmm humona humona humona! :-)

HAHA well i guess if you're going to have a queen representing your country she should be well groomed, LOL :-P

haha yes, us Italians tend to be good looking LMAO :razz:

HappyZen

• VCUBs
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2004, 08:55:40 am »

LOL you're italian?!?!?! LOL
How cool!! LOL
does italy have a  monarcy too? Or just every other country barre Greece? Cuz ah ... if he's looking for a bride ... uh, i'm free LOL :-)

~*~save the uni

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2004, 09:34:45 am »
Quote from: "Zena"

LOL you're italian?!?!?! LOL
How cool!! LOL
does italy have a  monarcy too? Or just every other country barre Greece? Cuz ah ... if he's looking for a bride ... uh, i'm free LOL :-)

I don't live in Italy....that's just my heratige :-P

I had no idea about the whole Italian Monarchy thing until last night in fact! I guess the monarchy was banned back in the day cuz they supported Mussolini, which wasn't exactly the brightest thing to do. So they've been living in Geneva Switzerland, and were going to do so forever until the Prince decided to apologize for his family's mistake, so they were allowed back in to Italy. They aren't allowed to like, actually do anything, but they're recognized now at least.

EDIT: your avatar kinda freaks me out  8O