Author Topic: Stop putting ideas in peoples heads  (Read 2671 times)

Scotty

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • MSN Messenger - c_slaughter14@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - pianoguy1588
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic88@hotmail.com
    • View Profile

Unoriginal Dum-Dums

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Stop putting ideas in peoples heads
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 08:27:07 am »
Its not too far from the 'swapping votes' websites anyway!

But yes, everyone who can vote VOTE TOMMORROW- things like this REALLY matter! And you get to vote by a different electoral system- w000t, lmao. Okay, i admit it- i'm a politics geek.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 09:32:34 am »
Someone once told me that the only five things I could talk about were English (being the main one), baseball, music, politics, and religion. Then *cough*Brendan*cough* said that they were probably the most boring subjects he could think of. :\

neos

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 11:20:24 am »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"

But yes, everyone who can vote VOTE TOMMORROW- things like this REALLY matter! And you get to vote by a different electoral system- w000t, lmao. Okay, i admit it- i'm a politics geek.

Swapping votes?  :?  

And yes, go VOTE!!! Argh really one of the most annoying things in this life is electoral indifference. I don't understand why some people who have the right to vote don't make use of that right. It gets on my nerves.

A different electoral system? What, in London? What are they changing it to?

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 11:23:45 am »
Quote from: "neos"

And yes, go VOTE!!! Argh really one of the most annoying things in this life is electoral indifference. I don't understand why some people who have the right to vote don't make use of that right. It gets on my nerves.

No, well tommorrow is local elections, london mayor and GLA (greater london authority) and european parliament elections. For London Mayor they use Supplementary vote and for E.U they use party-list. So yaaaay for non First Past The Post!

Voter apathy pisses me off too- i mean its not THAT hard, is it? For god's sake! People don't realise how lucky they are to actually be able to vote. Last year more people voted for the big brother final than for the 3 main parties combined in the 2001 general election.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

neos

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #1
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superneos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 11:30:51 am »

No, well tommorrow is local elections, london mayor and GLA (greater london authority) and european parliament elections. For London Mayor they use Supplementary vote and for E.U they use party-list. So yaaaay for non First Past The Post!

Ah, ok. I thought you meant they were changing the London mayor voting system. Can you believe that was on my Consti syllabus? Strange, though, I thought European elections were the same day everywhere. We have them on Sunday (yaaaaaaaaaay!). My poor dad will have to spend the whole day at the polling station!  What a pain in the arse! Quite ironically, I wouldn't have minded to be there, helping a certain party ;) (plus they pay you!) but I have an exam the next day.

Voter apathy pisses me off too- i mean its not THAT hard, is it? For god's sake! People don't realise how lucky they are to actually be able to vote. Last year more people voted for the big brother final than for the 3 main parties combined in the 2001 general election.

Exactly. People have NO idea how lucky they are. Fortunately, most ofmy friends are rather motivated, but some aren't and I just get so SO angry with them when they tell me they haven't voted cos they "couldn't be bothered" ARGH!

there's only four seasons
and this one's almost gone
these nights feel so good
but this one's almost gone

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 12:06:45 pm »
Exactly. People have NO idea how lucky they are. Fortunately, most ofmy friends are rather motivated, but some aren't and I just get so SO angry with them when they tell me they haven't voted cos they "couldn't be bothered" ARGH!

aaah i was talking to my friend in study hall the other day and i was saying how people our age should be involved voting and such and i was saying i gave my opinion of who i would like to be president and some how it got to her voting and she goes "who said i'm even going to vote??" and i was all  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  8O  i hate it when people use the excuse 'it doesn't affect my life so why should i care' because at one point it iiiiiisss going to affect your life so you should start caring nowwww....gah

PIBby

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • MSN Messenger - ckdurbin@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - IWanted19ButGot2
    • View Profile
    • http://hometown.aol.com/sanchezhouse/
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 12:15:37 pm »
Quote from: "jlmusicchick"
at one point it iiiiiisss going to affect your life so you should start caring nowwww....gah

:D

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 07:27:01 pm »

www.wearethevoters.com
It's a brilliant website you'd like it Rosie.

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni