Author Topic: Blackmore's Night  (Read 2042 times)

Lizziely

Blackmore's Night
« on: June 26, 2005, 01:29:00 pm »
Well, first, I'm sorry if there's already a thread about this, but I searched.

Blackmore's Night is a Renaissance-type band from New York, and I love them. Candice Night is the lead singer, and Ladies Nancy and Madeline are the two backup singers. Ritchie Blackmore (you all HAVE to know who he is... come on... think Deep Purple...) plays guitar/mandolin, Squire Malcom plays drums/percussion, and Sir Robert plays bass, guitar, and does some background singing.

Blackmore's Night started around 1996.

www.blackmoresnight.com   :D

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Blackmore's Night
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 05:16:33 pm »
It is some interesting stuff.

I like the musical arrangements to some of the songs. It isn't exactly my type of music, but it isn't bad.  :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Re: Blackmore's Night
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:26:26 am »
Quote from: "Lizziely"
Ritchie Blackmore (you all HAVE to know who he is... come on... think Deep Purple...)

Forget DP, think Rainbow! :-)

I love blackmore, but I had no idea he was up to this kind of thing. Thanks for the heads up.

*downloading*

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
Blackmore's Night
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 12:39:37 am »
Sweet. They've covered Diamonds and Rust! Classic tune.

The singer is rad. Blackmore's solos sounds great, as always.

Some of the other material could take some getting used to. But I like :)

Lizziely

Blackmore's Night
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 06:02:24 pm »
I just today got their DVD, Castles and Dreams, and I must say I'm impressed. Everything you can possibly think of is on there. Well, ok, I haven't finished it yet but from what I've read on the back of the box, everything's there. A full BN concert (Cartouche, Queen For A Day pt 1, Queen for a Day pt 2, Under a Violet Moon, Past Time With Good Company, Soldier of Fortune, Durch Den Wals Zum Bach Haus, Once In A Million Years, Mr. Peagram's Morris and Sword, Home Again, Ghost of a Rose, Mond Tanz/Child in Time/Mond Tanz, Wind In The Willows, Village on the Sand, Renaissance Faire, The Clock Ticks On, Loreley, All For One, Black Night (with Sir Robert doing vocals on that song, he is AMAZING!) Midwinter's Night/Dandelion Wine, Credits), four or five acoustics (I Think It's Going To Rain Today, Shadow of the Moon, Christmas Eve, Queen For A Day, and Under a Violet Moon), four music videos (Christmas Eve, Once In A Million Years, Hanging Tree, Way to Mandalay, and The Times They Are A Changin'), Documentaries (Blackmore's Night: The Story, Once Upon A Time: The Ritchie and Candice Story, Tour Start: St. Goar 2004, Hanging Tree: Making Music With Our Friends), Behind the Scenes, Ritchie Blackmore Guitar Special, Interviews with the band and crew (but just a note: some of the crew members speak different languages, and you have to turn the English subtitles on to understand them), TV appearances, Proclamations (Discography: Blackmore's Night, Biography: Candice Night, Biography: Ritchie Blackmore, Interview: Band & Members), a Slide Show, AND Candice's Private Camera! WOW! Anyway, the Ghost of a Rose live performance almost made me cry it was so beautiful, and the Mond Tanz/Child In Time/ Mond Tanz is also beautiful, with the Sisters of the Moon singing at the end. Amazing. This is all about 230 minutes, and just an FYI, the Disc 2 menu is kind of confusing (unless you click Show All, but I don't know what happens there because I didn't do that), but it's fun.

Anyway, this DVD is amazing and if you buy it, and are able to appreciate different kinds of music, then this is going to be a blast. Especially if you followed Ritchie Blackmore when he was in DP and Rainbow, and you liked some of that stuff, you might want to try some other stuff before you buy this, but if you like it, I promise this will be worth it!