Author Topic: The Long-Delayed Nessaholic CD  (Read 4953 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
The Long-Delayed Nessaholic CD
« on: September 24, 2005, 12:50:27 am »
The Nessaholics: "12-Step Program"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After a terribly long incubation period, I will be sending out copies of this collection to whomever sent me a package and postage. If you were involved with the project, you know who you are, so expect your copy next week.

Dan/NS

lala

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 04:44:15 am »
what is it?

Cowboystrader

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 06:12:51 am »
Can I get a copy?

Chris

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 08:24:31 am »
About 3 years ago, I came up with this idea of putting songs done by Nessa fans on a CD to give to her. It turned out to be much more trouble than it was worth! Anyway, it's done, people who submitted songs have their copies and amen!

Dan/NS

nate-smith

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
What is this
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 06:53:02 pm »
What is this exactly....I was wondering? Are they covers of her songs by other people or are they something else....
Thanks
Thanks,
Nate

My heart, your hands, gentle my friend
Break me neatly, numb me sweetly

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 09:09:00 pm »
I left the song choice up to whomever wanted to submit a song.  To avoid 70 different versions of ATM, I encouraged people to do their own thing.  For the most part, they did: the only VC song performed was Superhero by Noelle, and it equals or surpasses Nessa's.

Dan/NS

Mino

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - straussen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bandajade.com
    • Email
Can we...
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 07:48:18 am »
Can we submit originals??' i have one i would like to submit...
Best Regards
Vanessa's #1 Fan in Venezuela.

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 09:24:39 am »
I will try to record one.. :)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 08:15:20 pm »
EVERYONE....please read the fourth post down.  The CD was done a long time ago....but thanks for the interest!

Dan/NS

kev222

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • zero vector
    • AOL Instant Messenger - k3v222
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kev.nu/vc
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 01:16:22 am »
Wow. Blast from the past. Nice work dan.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 07:53:24 am »
Thanks, but this was something done by the fans, mostly.  I'd like to say putting it together was a good experience...but it wasn't......

Dan/NS

Manny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 04:42:16 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
Thanks, but this was something done by the fans, mostly.  I'd like to say putting it together was a good experience...but it wasn't......

Dan/NS

Why?

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Why the making of the Nessaholic CD made me want to hurl
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 03:56:53 pm »
When I first posted it, there were dozens of responses....very few people actually sent something over the course of several months.  A few of the tracks had severe audio problems that needed to be fixed in a time consuming fashion.  There were personal issues that got in the way, as well.  After that, every time I thought about the project, I thought, ".....grrr...I don't want to do the f@%%er", so I shelved it for awhile.

After I picked it up again, I had a few false starts with the person I had originally chosen for graphics.  This wasted several months.  Communication broke down entirely, and so I had to find someone else.  

The first time I attempted to give it to VC, I had to settle for giving it to Mark, as I missed her by seconds....I mean seconds!  So I just kinda settled for it being this "cursed" project that no one really cared about.

Last August, over THREE YEARS from the date of my original blueboard announcement, at The Bitter End, I was able to put it in her hand and explain to her that it was made by fans.  Whew.  

It was harder to put together than a real CD!  Hands down, it was the most difficult AND least rewarding of any musical project I have ever undertaken.

Dan/NS

HappyZen

• VCUBs
  • Fell off the ass end of the world.
    • MSN Messenger - youfoundzen@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Why the making of the Nessaholic CD made me want to hurl
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 08:28:34 pm »
When I first posted it, there were dozens of responses....very few people actually sent something over the course of several months.  A few of the tracks had severe audio problems that needed to be fixed in a time consuming fashion.  There were personal issues that got in the way, as well.  After that, every time I thought about the project, I thought, ".....grrr...I don't want to do the f@%%er", so I shelved it for awhile.

After I picked it up again, I had a few false starts with the person I had originally chosen for graphics.  This wasted several months.  Communication broke down entirely, and so I had to find someone else.  

The first time I attempted to give it to VC, I had to settle for giving it to Mark, as I missed her by seconds....I mean seconds!  So I just kinda settled for it being this "cursed" project that no one really cared about.

Last August, over THREE YEARS from the date of my original blueboard announcement, at The Bitter End, I was able to put it in her hand and explain to her that it was made by fans.  Whew.  

It was harder to put together than a real CD!  Hands down, it was the most difficult AND least rewarding of any musical project I have ever undertaken.

Dan/NS

woah! So you did give it too her! :-)
That's awesome Dan .. I don't want to see your time wasted, and I want a copy .. so I could paypal ya a CD+S&H fee if you want .. :-)

esta vida es un sueño y soñaré
~*~save the uni

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: Why the making of the Nessaholic CD made me want to hurl
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2005, 10:55:41 am »
Quote from: "HappyZen"

Dan/NS

woah! So you did give it too her! :-)
That's awesome Dan .. I don't want to see your time wasted, and I want a copy .. so I could paypal ya a CD+S&H fee if you want .. :-)

Ha, no worries Zen!  The time is already gone, and I won't be getting it back.  PM me off-list and we can talk about your request.

Dan/NS