Author Topic: Heroes And Thieves - Live Video!  (Read 20514 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
Heroes And Thieves - Live Video!
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2006, 07:40:03 am »
Even today, the greatest classical composer Mozart is not universally liked.

Why is he the greatest composer? In my oh so humble opinion, Beethoven is the greatest composer... People should stop being so matter of fact when they express themselves, especially when they're critiquing V on her fansite.

He was probably referring to the fact that Mozart was a child prodigy, and could hear whole symphonies in his head. But that doesn't mean much in terms of their end products. Beethoven is excellent of course, too! I like both of them and wouldn't say one is better than the other.

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2006, 04:27:29 pm »
who cares.. the point is that opinion is opinion, and it shouldn't be stated as anything but.
Samuel
(he/him)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »
^^ my cousin is 20 and goes to salisbury. is that where you go?

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2006, 09:51:07 pm »
i used to.. the location's outdated. i'm back at home. that's cool though. i wonder if i know them.. probably not, but it's possible.
Samuel
(he/him)

VanessaPiana

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2006, 09:33:41 pm »
Quote from: "nosticker"
I'm sort of baffled as to why you feel Vanessa has too much pride; it's as if you're being prejudicial.  How do you know she hasn't spoken to David Foster, or any of hundreds of other knowledgeable people in the business, and that she has not done so out of pride?
Why is it only David Foster that can turn things around for her and not, say, John Shanks?

If you have a demo good enough to send to David Foster....hey, turn us all on to it!  

Dan/NS

I'm not saying [at all] that David Foster is the only one who can give the 'young'uns' in the music industry some great advice about how to be a ubersucess and winning a Grammy [a la Alicia Keys, P. Diddy, Jay-Z, and others]. He's made mistakes throughout his career. There's many artists and legends who have been around for a long time who know how to make it in the harsh, cold world called the music biz; many could have more or less a different or similar take on how they made it b/c different things work for different people. No matter how good the artist is, none of them are perfect and could use constructive critisism every and anon from a good reliable place. Other times, they just get critisism from their own mistakes, which is through trial and error.

I did get carried away the other night b/c I had just watched one of David Foster's concerts on YouTube.com from 1994, and he did an amazing job; he was like fire and the stuff he composes now don't really do him justice. I guess I was still wound up w/ adrenaline from watching the thing. And no, I don't think I'm better than V; I'm getting better @ my craft, but I still have a long way to go, so there's plenty of room for growth. [I'm here to set the record straight so that no one else puts words in my mouth.] Everyone get's full of themselves every now and then; I'm only human. It's just that my interpretation of her piano stuff is different, which it very well should be. I never play the songs exactly like the artist, even if I had the exact arrangement. Sometimes I add some notes [which sometimes go along with the vocal] to the songs b/c I'm not a singer and want the song to have more depth, but I don't want to overdo it b/c it'll sound corny. In ATM, in some areas, the piano riffs and rhythm are the same, but the chords are different, but I can still play along to the song on BNN. It would make her proud.

And how can anyone 'boycott' my stuff when I've never put it up here to start with? I would love to and want to more than anything, but I don't have any earthly idea how to do it.

Elicia

flimsysurface

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - lee5shorty00@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2006, 08:34:43 am »
Later im putting a vid on youtube of my cover of heroes and thieves hehe

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2006, 09:11:02 am »
Oh cool :D

Will you be singing on it too?

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2006, 08:07:38 pm »
I just learned that song, and the beginning riff is the only fun part of the whole song to play. Kinda disappointing. It sounds good, but when you get down and learn it, it's really simplistic, almost too simplistic - and I like simple usually.