Author Topic: 7/24/2007: Roxy Theatre - West Hollywood, CA  (Read 35846 times)

charmedguy18

7/24/2007: Roxy Theatre - West Hollywood, CA
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 10:11:12 am »
I'm going! I'll be very mad if no one says hi to me!

Will I be in trouble if I drink there? =\

charmedguy18

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 10:13:17 am »
Quote from: "Laura"
man my mom doesnt wanna take me.. i doubt your friend will pick me up, but maybe. i live like an hour & a half from LA. i dont know if i'd feel comfortable driving alone w/ a person i dont know tho.

I'll be coming from San Diego, is that near you? I may be able to pick you up.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2007, 11:43:25 am »
Quick question to anyone who's going and knows the rules of the venue...

Can you record the show? I think this is just a Vanessa show so I'm sure she'll have a longer set and maybe she'll play something that we've never heard yet (like Spring Street and My Best). Just wondering...

:)  And have fun!

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2007, 01:04:40 pm »
The security at the Roxy is pretty tight. Security all over the place, watching for camera's, flashes, things like that. If they catch you they will remove you from the place, I honestly would not risk it. The last time I went they packed a lot of people in there, everyone was standing, it was really crowded so that sucked. Other than that, the drinking, I don't know. I don't drink and I never ordered anything from the Bar area so I really can't say. But I'm sure they will check for wristbands and ID if you are drinking and you look underage or are drinking a beverage and don't have a wristband. Like I said, Security there VERY tight. Don't risk it by doing something stupid.  :wink:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2007, 03:28:37 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
The security at the Roxy is pretty tight. Security all over the place, watching for camera's, flashes, things like that. If they catch you they will remove you from the place, I honestly would not risk it. The last time I went they packed a lot of people in there, everyone was standing, it was really crowded so that sucked. Other than that, the drinking, I don't know. I don't drink and I never ordered anything from the Bar area so I really can't say. But I'm sure they will check for wristbands and ID if you are drinking and you look underage or are drinking a beverage and don't have a wristband. Like I said, Security there VERY tight. Don't risk it by doing something stupid.  :wink:

well that answers my question lol.  :)

Have fun! :D

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2007, 07:29:47 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
man my mom doesnt wanna take me.. i doubt your friend will pick me up, but maybe. i live like an hour & a half from LA. i dont know if i'd feel comfortable driving alone w/ a person i dont know tho.

I keep picturing a young maniac behind the wheel, which you are not. But thats just the image I keep getting. Are minors allowed to have other minors in the car with them? You are driving, or someone else is?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2007, 11:33:36 pm »

How can we say hi to you if we don't know who you are or what you look like? NESSAholics are very friendly people.  :wink:  8)

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2007, 12:17:22 am »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
Quick question to anyone who's going and knows the rules of the venue...

Can you record the show? I think this is just a Vanessa show so I'm sure she'll have a longer set and maybe she'll play something that we've never heard yet (like Spring Street and My Best). Just wondering...

:)  And have fun!

the last vanessa show at the roxy they didnt allow cameras and i think stephanie got in trouble with her digital, didnt she?

i don't know i think it depends on the artist, because i saw ben jelen there and i took videos and pictures...
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2007, 12:20:38 am »

Will I be in trouble if I drink there? =\

it says that it's a 2 drink minimum, which means they check IDs at the door, if you're underaged they usualy put a giant X on your hand, make you pay like 3 or 5 dollars and give you drink tickets to buy water or redbull, and if you're over 21 they give you a wristband to buy alcohol at the tiniest bar EVER. but if you have someone else buy something for you and hand it to you i doubt anyone will notice, its dark and really crowded.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

charmedguy18

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2007, 02:34:32 am »

I keep picturing a young maniac behind the wheel, which you are not. But thats just the image I keep getting. Are minors allowed to have other minors in the car with them? You are driving, or someone else is?

My sister is.. She's 26. lol

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2007, 01:00:42 pm »
Oh okay! A road trip type deal? Either way, have fun.

charmedguy18

« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:26 pm »
Oh okay! A road trip type deal? Either way, have fun.

I was actually already going to visit her in San Diego, because she moved there not too long ago. So we decided to go to the concert while I was there... or I may have demanded a little.

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2007, 01:23:33 pm »
Sounds like fun, my best friend lives up in SF and I wanted her to go with me but that would be sooo much gas and mileage, so most likely when she tours around the SF area I'm going to fly out there to see the show with her. She's always wanted to see her live. I'll see you there, you won't miss me because I'll probably be smelling like the coffee shop I work at :-/ gross...

charmedguy18

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 03:29:21 pm »
Sounds like fun, my best friend lives up in SF and I wanted her to go with me but that would be sooo much gas and mileage, so most likely when she tours around the SF area I'm going to fly out there to see the show with her. She's always wanted to see her live. I'll see you there, you won't miss me because I'll probably be smelling like the coffee shop I work at :-/ gross...

Haha cool I can't wait...

Anyone who is going and has a Facebook should join the Facebook guest list event I made. =]

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 05:07:01 pm »
I can't find anyone to go with... and I doubt my parents will drive me up there if I go by myself.  :(  Think I won't make it.
- IcyStorm