Author Topic: Help us improve NESSAholics.com!  (Read 12013 times)

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Help us improve NESSAholics.com!
« on: June 21, 2007, 11:55:39 pm »
Hi :)

We had a meeting of the minds tonight, and we decided we wanted to get some input on the site as we move forward in making some changes as Vanessa's new music comes out. Currently we are focusing on NESSAholics.com the website only, but changes to the forum may be coming sooner than later.

As far as Nh.com, let us know:

1) What do you like about the website?
2) What don't you like?
3) What do you think could be better?
4) What new things would you like to see on the website?
5) Do you have any suggestions for headers/color scheme/etc. for the website?
6) Is there anything I missed you feel is so important we need a #6?

Thanks for taking the time to help us out! It is the contributions of all of you which help us to keep growing and improving!

The NESSAholics.com Staff
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 02:12:19 am »
it doesn't look too appealing. colours are a bit dull and the layout is boring. there's too much text too, to say it's a home page.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:26:02 am »
I would like the theme to be green, I like the blue one but I would be nice to change a bit.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:47:33 am »
Is there a way to allow individual users to select their preferred theme? Because if we went green, it would look brown to me... and that's just no fun.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:56:32 am »
mmhm like that idea. Have users choose their theme from a list that you's provide or something along the lines of that. I don't mind anything else on the ite. mabey just a color change.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:01:15 am »
~Update the member profiles to include newer members and retire non-active ones.
~theme options for homepage and sub-pages
~Is there an intro page?  I remember there used to be ages ago and I liked it.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 11:13:03 am »
I'd really love being able to have an avatar on the forum that's more than 16kb.  :wink:

New layouts would be awesome as well, not just for the forum but for the actuall website itself. I mean, Nessaholics really needs an update in terms of looks, it's looked the same since Be Not Nobody was released pretty much. lol

A shoutbox on the forum would be kinda cool too!
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 11:59:55 am »
Yeah I agree, but can these forums have multiple schemes? I know vB's can. I agree, a new layout would be great, and maybe introduce something new forum to get people talking more, I know there is the intro forums but I dunno they don't seem that active. :shrug:.

Will

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • Advanced anti-spam registrations filter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
Just a clarification: We're talking about the main website, not the forum. We're looking into a new package for the forum that will kick phpBB's butt and allow you guys to customize the hell out of the place if you so desire. Right now, we're having problems importing the old data from this forum (it's a lot of data!), but that should be figured out in the next few weeks. Right now, our problem is that the main website is stale and looks like it's from 2002. We want to make it useful again and make it look more modern.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most." -Ozzy Osborne

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 12:54:02 pm »
oh well that expalins it that would be a coolio plan.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:26 pm »
I thiink some changes would be cool... But over all I love how fast it loads... the time for loading large avatars would be annyoing... Like in the picture threads it take a few seconds to load an image....

maybe some choices to show avatars if the size is allowd to be bigger... or maybe if the colours changed a little...
Peace
-S

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re: Help us improve NESSAholics.com!
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 06:32:37 pm »
I come mostly to the forum, but the tour section is really organized with the thread links and I'm glad you are all keeping the lyrics and news so updated, great job guys! =D

2) What don't you like?

I think the news section is too squeezed together, there are news from 2005 on the main page, I think only the most recent news should be displayed on the main page and the others on an archive with a search engine preferably. maybe you should consider some kind of publishing platform like movable type,wordpress or something similar =)

The photo section could have a better gallery , even something like a normal coopermine where users could upload their personal pictures with vanessa

the webdesign, better graphic design,afterall, it's a fan site and I think there are better alternatives to keep it clean without it being too corporate looking.

oh,and the links! they really need some cleaning, there are broken links and old fan sites that haven't been updated in a long time. I also feel that nessaholics should have other affiliates with other fan sites to be displayed in the main page, the would give nh and vanessa more exposure within other musicians fan communities

yes, lots of it actually! I'll try to post later some color schemes and header suggestions =)

---

I'm really excited about the new forum package  :D

KULPDOGG

• View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 07:30:52 pm »
The copyright still says 2002-2005

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 08:24:56 am »
I like the simplicity of the layout and it is easy to navigate. And the Forums of course!

2) What don't you like?
Well I didn't go to the non-forums section much since Harmonium b/c most info was on the forum and there really wasn't any new content.  That the membership aspect sorta died.

Have sections of the site that either link to the forum sticky topics or create pages for the frequently discussed topics like fan transcribed sheet music links, downloads (with a  disclaimer of course)

Raise funds for the site by setting up a cafe press site or selling nessaholics/ VC fan merchandise through the site.

hmm.. I'm still thinking about this.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12:20 pm »
Quote from: "VaderDawsn"
Raise funds for the site by setting up a cafe press site or selling nessaholics/ VC fan merchandise through the site.

You guys could easily create a source of revenue by allowing ads on the site, and there's ways of tastefully placing them on the site layout when you get around to revamping it and such.

Some Nessaholics merchandise is an interesting idea, but I don't really think a lot of people would bite on to it.

Personally I'd prefer official stuff. Unless you guys come up with some pretty awesome alternatives, like... make the fan stuff nicer than the official stuff, which has been really ugly. lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.