Author Topic: 6/30/2007: Toyota Pavilion - Scranton, PA (review)  (Read 10898 times)

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
6/30/2007: Toyota Pavilion - Scranton, PA (review)
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
i just got home. i was really moved by her performance...ok i was a total mess. i cried A LOT. but i still feel like it was kind of pointless to go, just because my seats were so expensive and so far away, and everyone around me was talking and not paying attention and appreciating the goddess that was before them...hehehe. it kinda ruined it for me a bit. right when she started singing ordinary day, the guy behind me turned to his wife in all seriousness and says "oh, that's michelle branch." i quickly turned around and corrected him lol. i think the set was:

ordinary day
hands on me
the one (at the end she changed it to "you'll always be MY golden boy." such a small change but i think it makes the song so much better.)
heroes and thieves
nolita fairytale
fools like me
home
a thousand miles

god, she was so amazing. her voice has gotten so much better. i started tearing up during stevie's set just thinking about how moved i was by vanessa. i'm gushing and i sound like an idiot, but i really just GET her songs. they mean so much to me. kna'mean?  :D

me and steve tried to meet her... that was a no go. we did get to meet her dad and victor for a bit. that was cool. oh, and then there was the part where we snuck backstage... but i'll let steve fill you in with the rest of the highlights. goodnight.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 10:59:09 pm »
YAWWWN I FLEW HOME!!!!

so we left around 10:30... it is almost 3
4.5 hours... I shaved off an hour somehow lol.... anyways the show was awesome... I will post what happened tommorow when I can feel my legs... All I know is that i am dead tired, and woke up running over the bumps on the side of the road. I found that crossing my legs in the seat, and sitting up is the best way to not fall asleep, although very dangerous.
WHOO For cell phones being legal in PA

post later Hopefuly i will make sence then

The order was.... and I only know this becuase I listened to the recording the whole way home...

1. Ordinary Day (Divide and Conquer)
2. Hands On Me
3. The One
4. Heroes and Thieves (too much talking you can not even hear it)
5. Fools Like Me
6. Nolita Fairy Tale
7. Home
8. A Thousand Miles (we have 40 copies of this we don
Peace
-S

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 08:17:54 am »
i am lovin fools like me.. thank you very much. :)
Samuel
(he/him)

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 11:07:55 am »
Thanks Steve. I am listening now. Can't wait to hear about the rest of the adventure. :D  :D
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 12:51:57 pm »
Vanessa must be so tired of singing ATM.

blueglove

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 03:09:13 pm »
Alright... So where to begin... the beginning... I get to the venue without a ticket... and I park, and walk about a half mile to the ticket place.... With vanessa shows I am use to parking like 4 feet or something close to the venue... anyways I am not lazy I just was in the car for about 5 hours- actually I don't know every-time I talk about how long it took, it is different... anyways I am walking and I see the busses (I got a huge deja vu) and I see Nicole walking towards me... and I noticed when I got to the ticket thing that it was her. Then we make a game plan to see Vanessa. We walk to the gate, and stand there for about 15 minutes... she was trying not to get noticed. Anyways We walked to the back of the gate, and found a second gate. There are like 20 people camping out  really weird... I was thought I would look like a fool just standing there.. SO then I decided to make friends with the security guard so i could stand closer to the gate, and not be "a threat" I ask this one guy to pet his dog, and out of the corner of my eye I see Mrs. Carlton dragging victor around.... and then I see mr carlton with victor.. Nicole and I got him to come closer- I played dumb I was like you have the cutest dog, can I pet him? he is like yea sure, it is my daughters, Victor... and then i was like oh wow, are you Mr Carlton, Ed? he was like yea... I was like wow that is cool, can I take a picture... anyways we asked him if we could see vanessa if she could come out... After about an hour of talking to the security guard and nicole seeing a Hanson friend we decided to go to the concert, the gates were closing to the backstage area... anyways
Vanessa was FANTASTIC.....

She did the set as above....

She went right into Ordinary day She was wearing black leather boots that were just below the knees black tight pants. and this purple shirt that was like pushed up and held in with a belt... and the fedora..
Ordinary Day, then Hands on me and she said the whole thing about her mom not liking the name of the song, and she says that she is home, and from Milford...and gives a "Hi Mom" during the piano intro. After that she talked about summer love, it being sad when it is only taking place every summer, then justin Timberlake, "It's not about me" then "The One". Next- she talked about stevie and thanks her 'for taking her under my wing over the years, and changed my life'. Heros and Thieves, 'It's never smart to date Musicians, Stevie knows'. the before ATM she said that the song was written here on a lake, so this song is special...

So at the end of the vanessa set stevie went on at the 3rd to last song Nicole and I got up, and ran to the side of the stage, and stood in the Handicapped entrance... For like 2 songs, and a woman was like are you backstage-nicole said yes, I pretended to be on the phone speaking french lol... anyways we walked right backstage, and pretended like we were supposed to be there, and then we got caught so many people let us go lol. then this one woman on a power trip was like CREDENTIALS i was like WTF? lol so they were all like hyped up, stevie was about to get off stage, and they had to get her out of there.. anyways we get kicked out, and the guy did not really care that we were there he was just doing what he was told lol... I did not care the show was over anyways lol[/i]
Peace
-S

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 05:41:08 pm »
Hey! What is wrong with dating musicians? sheesh

WhiteHouses108

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Makemesmile108
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 06:18:40 pm »
So, i went and this was the first time i saw Vanessa in concert (yeah, i know). Anyway, i was like so excited and all the people around us were like being so rude and yelling at us for cheering for Vanessa. I was getting mad. But she was soooo good! My mom, who is not even really a fan, was really impressed.

After she performed (which felt like 5 minutes) me and my five friends went everywhere trying to find her. We talked to all the event staff people, and then the head of security, and no one would let us see her.

Needless to say I was dissapointed. But it's okay because I had a great time!
You're very exotic looking. Was your dad a GI?

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2007, 07:59:57 am »
i was there too and it was great!!  i recorded the whole show but i haven't had a chance to listen to see the audio is worth anything yet.  i'll upload it here if it is... *fingers crossed*

i was kind of excited to see v perform "edge of 17" but she did "rock and roll" with stevie again instead and all v did was sing backup and i couldn't hear her.  it was almost like she wasn't even there :(

*edit:  'kay, here's my audio for anyone who wants it...
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U2KT3U8O
i haven't figured out yet how to separate it into tracks so it's all in one file.
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 01:21:28 pm »
Thanks for sharing!  :)

And if you wanted to separate it out into different files, you could do so manually using an mp3 splitter.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 01:43:37 pm »
I'll seperate them.
give me a few hours...
I'll cut out excess clapping at the beginning and end of songs, too.

thanks! :D

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 03:41:08 pm »
Good job, Kulp! :D
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

walking in the rain

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 06:27:53 pm »
Thank you so much, Kulp!!   :)   :)   This is the first concert I've ever recorded so I'm still in the learning process when it comes to the technical stuff, but I did want to get the music out to everybody.
~ I am walking a thousand miles in the rain ~

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 08:26:20 pm »
aw, i miss going to see V...thanks for the recordings.