Author Topic: Is there anyone else you are feelin on The Inc ?  (Read 4491 times)

HITMAN

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Is there anyone else you are feelin on The Inc ?
« on: July 10, 2007, 07:57:55 pm »
Anyone other artists that are on our label that you listen to or enjoy? Ja Rule, Ashanti, Lloyd, 7, Thunderkatz, Caddillac Tah, Blackchild, Harry-o, merc montana aka young merc, the gift, young life? if you want go to jas myspace www.myspace.com/jarule and check out all the artists. thunderkatz myspace is www.myspace.com/thunderkatz
THE SECOND COMING - MAKE OR BREAK TIME

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:00:44 am »
eh as of right now.....mabey just a tad of thunder katz but thats it besides Vanessa Carlton. I never really like to listen to Ja Rule or Ashanti or stuff like that. But I like V being on a different label than before because it can expose me to stuff I never really listend to and become more well roudned in the music genres.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 03:07:42 pm »
I like Ashanti a bit.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 03:35:15 pm »
None of the above.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 03:46:00 pm »
I never really was feeling Ja, Ashanti, etc. all that much, although I always did respect Irv for getting them out there and promoting them like no other. That is why when I heard V was going to sign with Irv I was excited because I know Irv is a great promoter and he will do all he can to make Vanessa successful.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 03:49:57 pm »
Well Ashanti is okay....and aside from that i think the Thunderkatz are pretty cool.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 04:30:39 pm »
Quote from: "B"
I never really was feeling Ja, Ashanti, etc. all that much, although I always did respect Irv for getting them out there and promoting them like no other. That is why when I heard V was going to sign with Irv I was excited because I know Irv is a great promoter and he will do all he can to make Vanessa successful.
 true.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

HITMAN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 06:13:57 pm »
yeh i had a feeling thunderkatz and ashanti would be like the only ones you thought were cool. lol, doesnt matter though, this crowd is very different to the hip hop one so its to be expected. its a beautiful thing though, when we can break down barriers like this. thats what its all about, unity. hip hops been facing this crisis for a long time, and especially when 50 cent came into the picture. theres not enough love for the music and unity amongst us. even with other genres, youll find people who are real dogmatic and will hate on anything outside of their genre. its great to see people coming together and mixing, theres so much to be accomplished from it.
THE SECOND COMING - MAKE OR BREAK TIME

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 07:01:17 pm »
Yeah. Ashanti, Ja Rule and Lloyd are good. I'm big supporters of the first two.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 07:02:47 pm »
Oh, and Seven's produced some good tracks before too!

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 10:41:19 pm »
I used to bump Ashanti on my stereo, and some of Ja's old stuff was cool (before he got... "murked" by Aftermath, even though it was a lame beef). Shouldn't have lost Charli Baltimore though =/
- IcyStorm

baxterbuffington

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 10:31:47 pm »
ashanti has some great singles.

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 01:30:11 am »
I haven't listened to them that much yet, but you know there are times in hip hop where the lyrics take a life of there own.  There are passages where it seems there is pure imagination just bursting out in a kaleidoscope of lyrical or poetic genius  --or so it seems.  It's like the times when some totally unsuspected word pops out... and suprizingly, it fits perfectly and adds a whole new dimension to what was just said.  I've never been into all the drama stuff that is in some hip hop, though.

With that said merc montana moved me in a few places and his depictions painted a very vivid picture in my mind, which was kind of cool.

Chris Black made me laugh(in a good way) in few places with 24 inch tires.

Rap might not ever be my favorite music, but there are things I can appreciate it for.

Hip Hop Hurray

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 08:18:17 am »
It's hard for me to wade through so much stuff that's out there.  I'm pretty old school when it comes to hip hop(think Afrika Bambataa and the Soul Sonic Force!!), cause that was back when I was a DJ.  So, I'm pretty old.....period.

I do flick past Hot 97 as an alternative now and then, 'cause most radio sux.  Still, not feelin much new stuff.

I'm open to suggestions...anyone?

Dan/NS