Author Topic: Nolita Fairytale on iTunes "best of the store"  (Read 10013 times)

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Nolita Fairytale on iTunes "best of the store"
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2007, 03:20:03 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Quote from: "me and my piano---tim"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
58 is pretty good, considering she is getting NO airplay.

58 out of what? 100?

yup 58 out of 100 top pop  songs.

that's incredible! A LOT of people must be listening.

On the iTunes chart, not the Hot 100 remember. LOL. :lol:

well what does it really mean to be on the iTunes chart? It has to do with song sales, doesn't it? So a lot of people must be buying it?  :?

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2007, 02:43:45 am »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
58 is pretty good, considering she is getting NO airplay.

58 out of what? 100?

yup 58 out of 100 top pop  songs.

that's incredible! A LOT of people must be listening.

On the iTunes chart, not the Hot 100 remember. LOL. :lol:

well what does it really mean to be on the iTunes chart? It has to do with song sales, doesn't it? So a lot of people must be buying it?  :?

he has a point, y'know...

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2007, 07:46:47 am »
All I'm saying is don't be too concerned with the iTunes chart as that isn't the chart that matters.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2007, 08:14:56 am »
All I'm saying is don't be too concerned with the iTunes chart as that isn't the chart that matters.

iTunes matters quite a lot actually. Physical CD sale charts are archaic and hardly reflect any artists sales at this point in time. The music industry is just being stubborn in its old ways and has still not fully embraced the digital market. They are making the initial steps towards doing so though, which is a step in the right direction.

People download now more than they actually go to record stores to buy CDs. So Vanessa performing well on iTunes is incredibly important, just because her sales on iTunes don't show up on "charts that matter" - according to you, doesn't mean she won't be any less successful. It's quite far from the truth actually.

As an example, Utada Hikaru, one of Japan's top selling artists has had over 7,000,000 downloads on iTunes of her latest single, making it the top selling single on iTunes from any artist around the world, and those figures aren't included on any official charts, but that's a huge fucking success, and tons of fucking money to boot too.

iTunes matters a lot.  :) We live in a digital world people.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2007, 09:26:22 am »
Yes, I know all of that. I guess I didn't say it right....Hmm.....What I meant is that we should really be worrying about the billboard hot 100 chart (is that your official chart?). While it's all very good and well being in the iTunes pop chart, if you're not on the official pop chart then it doesn't mean anything at all, does it?

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2007, 10:39:47 am »
Yes, I know all of that. I guess I didn't say it right....Hmm.....What I meant is that we should really be worrying about the billboard hot 100 chart (is that your official chart?). While it's all very good and well being in the iTunes pop chart, if you're not on the official pop chart then it doesn't mean anything at all, does it?

The Billboard Hot 100 is like the chart to show air play and stuff its the chart you want to see on how a song is doing its just a chart. Billboard keeps track of songs and cd sales and stuff with neilson soundscan or something like that. The hot 200 or something like that is where they track the top cd's in the country. But if Vanessa gets on the 100 chart which wont be for a while since not that many people are playing the song its good and she can go up and hopefully reach # 1....hopefully....

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2007, 11:20:37 am »

My point is is that Billboard Hot 100 is important (I called it the official chart because I couldn't for the life me think of the names of any radio or sales charts, haha), but it's not the only thing that marks the success of an artist, the music industry is changing and so there are new ways of measuring success. I mean, now we have awards for ring tone sales, lol.

So don't put down iTunes because it's not Billboard Hot 100, that's all.  :)
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 11:04:23 pm »

Aren't the top iTunes songs usually very similar to Hot 100 top songs, or am I wrong? I don't often read charts....

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2007, 03:51:42 am »

Aren't the top iTunes songs usually very similar to Hot 100 top songs, or am I wrong? I don't often read charts....

Dunno....it's different over here I guess 'cos an artist could be in the iTunes top 10 but not only get to #30 in the official charts....

VaderDawsn

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 06:37:49 pm »
BTW- Nolita Fairytale is now 65 on itunes Pop chart and they have a new red toned pick advertising thye single on the center of the Pop genre page
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 07:09:26 pm »
nice... I have been trying to get some of my friends to listen to it and so far all of them are in love with Nolita Fairytale. My one friend sam everytime we talk thats the first thing she talks about.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Mountaineer

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - guitragirl6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jumpergirl3eb
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/beepr
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 09:17:14 pm »
I'm going straight to buy it

me and my piano---tim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 12:52:08 am »
nice... I have been trying to get some of my friends to listen to it and so far all of them are in love with Nolita Fairytale. My one friend sam everytime we talk thats the first thing she talks about.

that's awesome.. I really like it and sometimes I'm really excited for its success, but other times I just don't know...

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 03:33:28 pm »
Apple's iTunes Store is the third biggest retailer of music in the United States... I think it matters a lot =P
- IcyStorm

twilightcarnival

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 06:59:22 pm »
Awesome ^^

I really hope they play more VC songs on the radio.
She has so much talent and totally deserves it. Plus more people would know about her which would be great =]

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...