Author Topic: Article: Giant Magazine  (Read 31571 times)

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Article: Giant Magazine
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2007, 02:53:38 pm »
That is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing :D.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2007, 02:58:54 pm »
yay, new song!
thanks!  :D

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2007, 03:37:35 pm »
Ooh, I'm gonna ask her to play that tomorrow. :) Actually, I'm probably going to request "Fools Like Me" or "Spring Street".
Joe

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2007, 04:22:16 pm »
nmhmm omg do so! do you think she would say no? Hopefully not. agh your one lucky duck!!!!  8O

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2007, 04:30:28 pm »
Yay!! its great to hear about a new song :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Journey_to

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2007, 06:21:29 pm »
Can somebody please add readable scans for those of us who dont have access to the magazine??

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 06:36:24 pm »
Quote from: "Journey_to"
Can somebody please add readable scans for those of us who dont have access to the magazine??

That would be great if someone could :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2007, 02:51:17 pm »
If one of my people would be nice enough to buy one copy for me, that'd be appreciated! :)
How much is the magazine btw?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

malchikgej

• AOL Instant Messenger - windsnoctourn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyubound101@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/windsnoctourn
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 04:18:46 pm »
Startin on page 3 :Vanessa walks hurriedly down mulberry street in ney york city's nolita neighborhood wearing a loose- fitting sleeveless black dressthat exposes her long,slender legs.Her long brown hair skims her shoulders as she walks. Flat sandals, dark sunglasses, and an off white panama hat (yay the hat) ,which could be a star-posing-as-a-normal-girl in disguise or just a funky,hipster-inspired getup. Shes startled when i walk up to greet her but quickly regains her composure and says "Great,your here already." Her flat tone suggests politeness but nothing more. She makes no offensive remarks or friendly gestures-not even a smile-and i'm instantly aware that Carlton couldn't care less about my perception of her.
  We walked into Ruby's cafe a charming hole-in-the-wall with exposed brick walls and a half-dozen bench-like tables. The Austrailian-run resturant has become one of Carlton's favorite haunts since she bought an apartment in the neighborhood. Carlton plops down opposite me, takes her shades off and rests her elbows on the table. In a few hours she'll be on a plane to Cairo Egypt, with her 17-year -old brother to visit her cousin,who she says lives alongs the Nile River
"It's my first time time going their," Carlton begins,fiddling with her chipped finger nail polish. "It's wierd because the culture is so oppressive toward women. My sister's been there, and I've read all these books. Women have to be covered up completely. I don't want to stand out at all. I was actually in the car taking off my nail polish because they look at you funny. And then i was reading abolut female genital mutilation-they cut girls clitorises off with. like no anesthetic when there're nine years old. It's just disgusting." The 26-year-old shakes her head to punctuate her repulsion, then adds, "I think in Egypt I'll learn a new perspective,and it will be and amazing thing to observe."
~Your words circle in my head
And weigh so heavy on my chest
And I'm crushed by your expectation~

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 04:21:06 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
If one of my people would be nice enough to buy one copy for me, that'd be appreciated! :)
How much is the magazine btw?

from the site, 4.99 in USD, but from barnes&nobles 3.99.
formerly fish_for__stars.

malchikgej

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2007, 04:46:28 pm »
Page five: Not that she's viewing the trip as a sociological experiment. Instead, Carlton who recently ended a four year relationship with Third Eye Blind frontman Stephan Jenkins,hopes the trip will yield clarity and serenity.
"I love the desert," she says. "In the summer my family goes to this ranch in Arizona,and I'll ride horses or go on these long runs. "I'll sit and meditate because everything is still. There are no leaves,so the wind blows and thothing moves-thats a big part of why i love it. The desert brings me the most peace."
In the song "More Than This," from her upcoming album,Heroes and Thieves, Carlton uses the desert as tha backdrop for her musings on a turbulent and ultamately doomed love affair. "I was in a relationship, and I [felt like] when yolu're with someone else,they can never have enough. I'ts like they don't realize that if they wanted to declare peace, it would just be peaceful. The song is saying how you could experince euphoria if, in this moment, you decided you didn't need any more than this.But I don't know....Maybe it's hard to actively make that decision."
Carlton's debut single "A Tousand Miles," introduced the world to a new brand of pop star :a classically trained pianist with a gift for intricate melodies and a pleasant and sweet,if not necessarily extra ordinary, voice. As i watch her eyes wander into the distance, it's clear Carlton's no longer the naive ingenue she was five years ago when she sang those lyrics.
 She lets out a small, cynical laugh. "That was such and idiotic thing to say;I would never in a lillions years say that agian," Carlton says of her breakout song's chorus,"Cause you know I'd walk a thousand miles/If i could just see you tonight."
"There can be an amazing connection between two people, but at the end of the day, theye're human, and there are a lot of flaws.There's so much frailty to that love. I was listening to Amy Whinehouses's 'Love Is a Loosing Game,' and I just feel like in some ways it is. More often than not, love is a loosing game."

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2007, 04:49:24 pm »
Thanks, Malchik! :D

malchikgej

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2007, 05:07:24 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Thanks, Malchik! :D
no problem it's storming out side and i got bored

Journey_to

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2007, 05:14:56 pm »
A thousand thank,malchikgej!!!!

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 11, 2007, 05:35:42 pm »
Nice thanks I think I am going to go to barns and noble tomorrow and get it.! I can't wait.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.