Author Topic: A Fine Frenzy  (Read 20210 times)

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:37:29 pm »
Has anybody here ever heard of A Fine Frenzy?

Promiscious-boy

• MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:08:45 pm »
Hey mate

Where are it/he/she/they from?
What kind of music it/he/she/they sing/play?

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

Journey_to

• View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 03:59:49 pm »
She's(A Fine frenzy is a stage name) from the US..I think the best way to describe her music is piano alternative, though it does bring to mind something reminescent of nature or fantasy ( depending on how you look at it)..

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 07:56:54 am »
I love One Cell in the Sea, it's soo good! Alison's voice is so beautiful.
Right now my fav songs are You Picked Me and The Minnow & The Trout

Murillo, here is her bio:
Quote from: "Afinefrenzy.com"
A Fine Frenzy is the music of 22 year-old Alison Sudol.

Born in Seattle to dramatic-arts teacher parents, Alison moved to Los Angeles at the age five. With her newly single mother, Alison moved frequently around the city. She developed a strong love for the fantastic literary worlds of CS Lewis, EB White, Lewis Carroll and Charles Dickens, while becoming a passionate author in her own right.

Alison also immersed herself in classical music, Motown, Aretha Franklin, swing bands, Ella Fitzgerald, Elton John, Louis Armstrong, the Beatles, Technicolor movies and classic 1950's television.

After teaching herself to play piano, Alison increasingly invested her internal narratives into song form. She found solace in the melodic melancholia of new global British bands Aqualung, Radiohead, Coldplay and Keane, etc... She was also moved by the diatonic minimalism of Philip Glass and the transportive allure of Icelandic music (Bjork, Sigur Ros.) Inspired, Alison developed the sound of A Fine Frenzy - hypnotic piano arrangements under classic American melody fused into irresistible, atmospheric songs with the power to reach around the world.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:24:59 am »
Quote from: "clamicas"
I love One Cell in the Sea, it's soo good! Alison's voice is so beautiful.
Right now my fav songs are You Picked Me and The Minnow & The Trout

Murillo, here is her bio:
Quote from: "Afinefrenzy.com"
A Fine Frenzy is the music of 22 year-old Alison Sudol.

Born in Seattle to dramatic-arts teacher parents, Alison moved to Los Angeles at the age five. With her newly single mother, Alison moved frequently around the city. She developed a strong love for the fantastic literary worlds of CS Lewis, EB White, Lewis Carroll and Charles Dickens, while becoming a passionate author in her own right.

Alison also immersed herself in classical music, Motown, Aretha Franklin, swing bands, Ella Fitzgerald, Elton John, Louis Armstrong, the Beatles, Technicolor movies and classic 1950's television.

After teaching herself to play piano, Alison increasingly invested her internal narratives into song form. She found solace in the melodic melancholia of new global British bands Aqualung, Radiohead, Coldplay and Keane, etc... She was also moved by the diatonic minimalism of Philip Glass and the transportive allure of Icelandic music (Bjork, Sigur Ros.) Inspired, Alison developed the sound of A Fine Frenzy - hypnotic piano arrangements under classic American melody fused into irresistible, atmospheric songs with the power to reach around the world.

She's very pretty too! She can be a model and she does remind me of Britany from the last cycle of ANTM  :oops:  lol.

VaderDawsn

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 04:37:25 pm »
I heard You Picked me on itunes (free single of the week a while ago) and then 2 weekends ago I saw her video for Almost Lover on VH1 Top 20 Countdown and immediately ordered her CD. I love it. It's playing in my car all the time.
-Samantha

For me it's a glance
And a smile on your face
A touch of your hands
An honest embrace - VC, Home

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 09:46:21 pm »
I just saw them live as they are opening for Brandi Carlile.

She has a great voice and the live show was a lot of fun.  The only complaint I had was with either the mixing and her enunciation... you could only understand about every 5th word.

she even noted once during the show that she tends to "mumble" so i think she'll need to work on that.

Here is a review of the concert and the reviewer even compared AFF to VC :)

link
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 02:57:40 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"

link

'The striking redhead, who skips down the same daffodil-dotted musical path as Vanessa Carlton, did her best work on the current radio single “Almost Lover’’ and the comparatively upbeat “Rangers.’’ '

daffodil-dotted, that was...creative lol :lol:
well, two females who happen to play piano...then of course they will get compared!
 :roll:

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 05:46:25 pm »
Quote from: "clamicas"
Quote from: "kaysha"

link

'The striking redhead, who skips down the same daffodil-dotted musical path as Vanessa Carlton, did her best work on the current radio single “Almost Lover’’ and the comparatively upbeat “Rangers.’’ '

daffodil-dotted, that was...creative lol :lol:
well, two females who happen to play piano...then of course they will get compared!
 :roll:

Yeah...I don't hear any real similarities between her & V.  Just the piano thing, that's all.
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 07:33:34 pm »
LOL, yah... i was talking to B about it and noted that AFF has no where near the composition skills on the piano as Vanessa... hell, i'm pretty sure I could play the AFF songs on piano if that says anything.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 12:48:10 am »
I talked to her and she said that she's only been play piano for 3 years. How do some people get so lucky.

Katia's right. But I seriously didn't even know if she was singing in English when she first started. My friend bought the CD and we listened to it on the way home. It's a little better. I thought she sang a song called The Minnow and The Truck but looking at the CD it was The Minnow and The Trout.  :lol: I did like that Rangers song.

She did seem to be having a good time and it was one of the better openers I have seen for Brandi.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 11:17:39 am »
I just discovered her and think shes amazing! ordered her cd  :)
I love her aesthetic/image as well.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »
I like Almost Lover

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 07:35:33 am »
Saw them 6 times last week. Love, love, love them. I still don't always understand what Ali is saying but I love it. Katia and I had fun trying to figure it out and then finding out what it was she was actually saying was amusing compared to what we heard. I put up a few videos. Sucks cause I am short and the lip of the piano cut off the bottom part of her face. But I will still probably put up some more, including from an in store at B&N in MD. I didn't cut her off there.  :wink:

Ashes and Wine was on Brother's and Sister's last night. Hope for the Hopless was on Private Practice last week and of course, Alison was in the season preimere of CSI NY, which you can catch online.

tricia

• Moderators
  • Trust me, I'm a doctor.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
A Fine Frenzy
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:48 am »
The premeire of CSI NY is what got me.  I bought the album and love it!
I think you underestimate the level of my sneakiness