Author Topic: School dress codes  (Read 16732 times)

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
School dress codes
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 10:41:40 am »
Quote from: "equeen1022"
This is going to be my senior year and the first year ever that our school has resulted to wearing uniforms!
I am not happy with it. I feel that you should be able to express yourself freely and one of the ways in doing that is to dress independently. I feel as if we're being categorized into one group and I like to be looked at as an individual.

You're a minor so you're not entitled to express anything.  Get over it.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LimeTwister

School dress codes
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 05:26:06 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
This is going to be my senior year and the first year ever that our school has resulted to wearing uniforms!
I am not happy with it. I feel that you should be able to express yourself freely and one of the ways in doing that is to dress independently. I feel as if we're being categorized into one group and I like to be looked at as an individual.

Not for the whole of Senior year...

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:51:45 pm »
I go to a private school and our dress code is polo shirts and pants with pockets and belt loops (aka cargo, khakhi, anything of that nature). Oh, and we can wear sandals, we just have to have socks.
Joe

malchikgej

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windsnoctourn
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nyubound101@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/windsnoctourn
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 06:10:01 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
I go to a private school and our dress code is polo shirts and pants with pockets and belt loops (aka cargo, khakhi, anything of that nature). Oh, and we can wear sandals, we just have to have socks.
ew sandals and socks.
~Your words circle in my head
And weigh so heavy on my chest
And I'm crushed by your expectation~

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 06:16:15 pm »
Quote from: "malchikgej"
ew sandals and socks.

yeah, what I was thinking...  8O

Anyways, yeah. I guess i'm kind of glad that I go to a public school, you can just wear what you want (to a certain extent of course  :wink: , we don't wan anyone looking like a cheap ass ho, unless of course they ARE a cheap ass ho). JK.

Then again, having a dress code does sort of equalizes everyone, which is good because I have a seen a lot of people criticized or prejudiced because of what they wear and it just sucks. So...

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »
ew sandals and socks.

I think that with like black nike or adidas flip flops they look fine. Maybe I'm just used to it.
Joe

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
ew sandals and socks.

I think that with like black nike or adidas flip flops they look fine. Maybe I'm just used to it.

toe socks lol
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 08:47:09 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"

Am I supposed to take that as 'don't complain because adults won't listen to kids' or taken literally as 'your opinion doesn't matter because you're a minor' ?
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

MyMelody

• View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 09:09:50 pm »
The no sunglasses rule is ridiculous. For one, there's likely a handful of kids whose prescription glasses transition in the sun who are going to have a spent a sh*tload of money on new glasses or (hopefully) will be tolerated.

Plus, wearing sunglasses outside should be encouraged, not forbidden. That's how old people end up with bad eyesight (well, that's not necessarily true, but it makes a good complaint).

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
School dress codes
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2007, 12:48:12 am »
i went to a private high school and my uniform wasn't even as strict as that dress code. ours were kind of cute actually... like from the "baby one more time" video. and it was all girls, so they didn't care that our skirts barely covered out butts.

i would complain until they changed it.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
School dress codes
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 05:02:47 pm »
I just graduated from highschool, I really wished we had uniforms, some of the clothes girls wear are gross, i dont want to see anyones boobs or ass. and it's not just the girls, it's the guys too, they wear thier jeans like down to thier ankles. I think having to wear a uniform would be a good idea. also maybe if they also allowedyou to dress it up with any accessories you want, then it wouldnt be a big deal.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
School dress codes
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 01:54:45 am »
Quote from: "MyMelody"
The no sunglasses rule is ridiculous. For one, there's likely a handful of kids whose prescription glasses transition in the sun who are going to have a spent a sh*tload of money on new glasses or (hopefully) will be tolerated.

Plus, wearing sunglasses outside should be encouraged, not forbidden. That's how old people end up with bad eyesight (well, that's not necessarily true, but it makes a good complaint).

Not wearing sunglasses causes your eye to be exposed to excessive UV rays - even on a cloudy day.  Excessive UV can damage your retinas and, over time, can cause cloudiness to form in your lenses, known as cataracts.  So, I think it makes a very good argument.
Dustin

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 12:19:51 pm »
Also, the teachers are allowed to wear sunglasses on campus, but us kids can't.

Oh, I have an update, too.  In every single class there's a big sign hanging up at the front of the room saying "DRESS CODE:  STRICLY ENFORCED".
That's all they f**king care about, I swear.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
School dress codes
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2007, 09:14:16 am »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
Also, the teachers are allowed to wear sunglasses on campus, but us kids can't.

Oh, I have an update, too.  In every single class there's a big sign hanging up at the front of the room saying "DRESS CODE:  STRICLY ENFORCED".
That's all they f**king care about, I swear.

What I say is **** it in the *** with a splintered broomhandle. :evil:
Dustin

twilightcarnival

• MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
School dress codes
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 04:48:29 pm »
Your dress code is crazy. Seriously, I'd switch schools.
I think we should be able to express our individuality and how can we when everyone looks the same (ie. uniforms)

Luckily, our schools dress code isnt really...there. You can basially wear what ever you want except for really short skirts, spaghetti straps, tank tops, and gangster stuff.
The really weird rule they have though is no hugging. Not even your friends =/
We do it anyways.

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...