Author Topic: VC sighting!  (Read 26224 times)

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
V's sister gwen starting singing career?!?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 11:15:21 pm »
ps - her lil bro is on facebook too - and he's becoming quite a cutie too

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 12:25:32 am »
Quote from: "divasteph"
Gwen Carlton Sticks Up For Big Sister Vanessa
Posted on Saturday, January 19 @ 14:43:44 CST by MusicMan - popdirt

Vanessa Carlton's sister Gwen stuck up for her big sister after a negative posting by a fan of Jewel who blasted, "I just saw this chick's video on MTV and she sucks! She is trying to be like Jewel and Michelle Branch... they are so much better than her... and she's never going to make it in the business." Gwen's response...

Imagine taking three years out of your life to follow a passion. Vanessa dropped everything in her life to follow her music . Her music is who she is, and just by seeing one video of hers and listening to one song, you can only get a slanted oppinion. I highly doubt that you have ever seen her in a club spilling her guts out on the piano, then you can truely realize that this girl is for real. I dont know that you are even going to read this, but dont worry my sister most likely listened to your judgemental comment. There is a part of her that is scared to give her whole self out there into the world and to be getting judged for it. She knows that this is the backlash she gets to show people that there is more to music than Britmey Spears and O Town. People like you who dont even get to see the whole picture will realize that there is more to her than just an image, but there is a heart and passion to her music, and if you are blind to this I would wish that you tried a little harder to see it.
Thankyou for your time
Gwen Carlton

Ya i read that a really long time ago...but aneways, that was soo nice of her to do :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 04:24:37 am »
the facebook picture and the picture with her and vanessa really don't look the same at all.

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 12:51:50 pm »
They look so similar! I remember when I first met her PA, I asked if she was Gwen and she just laughed so much!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:32 pm »
Quote from: "KULPDOGG"
well it wouldn't surprise me too much if it was Gwen.

it would surprise me moreso if it actually was Vanessa using Gwen's name.

Gwen looks like Vanessa a lot, so I donno..
they can easily be mistaken from a distance.

here's her facebook profile pic:

she look's a lot like Vanessa, doesn't she...

is it so crazy to believe it was actually Gwen?

I say i want pictures and audio  :D

I know from the ithica show, she was there, She was kinda bigger than vanessa- Vanessa is slim, and toned.. Her sister is more... full
Peace
-S

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 04:06:03 pm »
Haha, Vanessa knows that if she plays new material at a show using her name it'll get end up being recorded by one of us and distributed on the internet.

Maybe that's why she really hasn't been playing any new material aside from Fools Like Me.

I'm curious as to how she feels about the bootleg's concerning the new material floating around now.

She's probably all, "Uh-uh, fuck them, this is not getting leaked out." lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

wickednig18384

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »
i went on nyc's "the bitter end" website and to my surprise, under august 22, 2007, it says:

Wednesday August 22nd
Gwen Carlton (6:30)
Drew Brodys Basket House Acoustic Folk Series(Free)
---plus---
Katie Lock
Von Sway

is this v's sister? i googled "gwen carlton" and came up with all vanessa related stuff. just wondering if anyone knew anything. thanks :D
http://www.bitterend.com/schedule.html go there and look under aug 22

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2007, 06:55:36 pm »
Apparently, it's because Vanessa is testing new songs out to new audiences and wants to see how it goes first or something like that.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2007, 08:09:53 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Apparently, it's because Vanessa is testing new songs out to new audiences and wants to see how it goes first or something like that.

actually, we don;t have any info on it, so it's best not to assume.

http://forum.nessaholics.com/viewtopic.php?t=10702
read that thread^

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2007, 10:04:12 pm »
ya we dont know if it really is gwen or if it actually V testing songs....well have to be on the look out for more gwen carlton performances...

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 03:55:17 am »
that's a good question... i dunno if she would really be using a different name to attempt to hide from "us" though... us booting her shows is really the least of her worries (in my opinion).  I think about it this way...

She has a guaranteed sale of her album with all of us, if not multiple copies.

She has a guaranteed promotion by word of mouth from all of us.

There is really no "harm" in us hearing the new material.. the audio recordings generally out there are not super great and multiple versions of the same song just interest us even more.  Look at Kulp and his multiple versions of Nolita Fairytale fun :)

If i had to guess the reason she shys away from bootlegs is she seems to be a perfectionist and doesn't want audio recordings out there that are less than perfect for general consumption... I also think if she was going to perform under another name she would use one other than her sisters... clearly it didn't take long for us to be chattering about her potential performance :)

Maybe Gwen really is getting into something and/or perhaps Vanessa was just playing piano with Gwen?

Even on the other albums she always kept a few songs for the album and didn't perform them live.  We also don't know if it was new material or just the same songs we've already heard... just lots of speculation.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 05:44:06 am »
Quote from: "kaysha"
that's a good question... i dunno if she would really be using a different name to attempt to hide from "us" though... us booting her shows is really the least of her worries (in my opinion).  I think about it this way...

She has a guaranteed sale of her album with all of us, if not multiple copies.

She has a guaranteed promotion by word of mouth from all of us.

There is really no "harm" in us hearing the new material.. the audio recordings generally out there are not super great and multiple versions of the same song just interest us even more.  Look at Kulp and his multiple versions of Nolita Fairytale fun :)

If i had to guess the reason she shys away from bootlegs is she seems to be a perfectionist and doesn't want audio recordings out there that are less than perfect for general consumption... I also think if she was going to perform under another name she would use one other than her sisters... clearly it didn't take long for us to be chattering about her potential performance :)

Maybe Gwen really is getting into something and/or perhaps Vanessa was just playing piano with Gwen?

Even on the other albums she always kept a few songs for the album and didn't perform them live.  We also don't know if it was new material or just the same songs we've already heard... just lots of speculation.

-katia

All of this is SO true. There is no truly logical reason why Vanessa would play under Gwen's name. Kaysha, I think you're right in saying that bootlegs are the last thing on her mind!

We have already established that Gwen and Vanessa look very similar, and so it's hardly surprising that Gwen might have a similar voice to Vanessa.

It's also quite probable that Vanessa has helped Gwen to play in the places she used to- i.e the Bitter End.

My guess is that it's fairly straightforward0 Gwen Carlton is actually playing in the Bitter End.
"I'm all about the wordplay."

blueglove

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 08:18:30 pm »
gwen is a communications major.. IDK if the music thing is really in her path... idk just an oppinion
Peace
-S

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 05:14:43 pm »
WE HAVE CONFIRMATION!!!!!!

from Gwen's own facebook blog.

-------------------------------------
FIRST SHOW IN NYCShare
3:34pm Sunday, Aug 12

So I have my first show its going to be great!!!
Just me and the piano.

THE SHOW:
August 22nd (wednesday)

The Bitter End (w. village on Bleecker)

@ 6 30

If you feel like unwinding with a drink, getting cozy, and listening to some good music after a hard days work, you should definitely check it out.

always!
Gwen

so, yes!
it was Gwen!
I feel like such a stalker for friend requesting her on facebook, but apparently she doesn't care cause she accepted, lol.
edit: oooo, her birthday's 1 day after mine... cool =)

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 05:27:32 pm »
GO GWEN!

Edit: I wonder if Vanessa will be there to cheer her on?