Author Topic: Dave Matthews Band  (Read 12579 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2003, 12:26:01 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Dave has been lookin like a hobo for years now ;)  

And I like lucky.....   :?

Well satuday night he was extremely hobo-ish.  I mean, I was ready to see him put a cooking pot on his head and carrying a stick with a bandana pouch tied on the end of it.

Lucky is a good song, but it's not on my top ten.  Overall it was a good time, it looked like him and Trey were having a blast.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

snapple936

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Snapple936
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2003, 08:31:46 pm »
:-)

august 28th hartford connecticut

ROCKED! :-) one of the best shows ever, dave matthews band.. "satellite", there are no words to describe how good

kelley<3
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2003, 09:50:57 pm »
Quote from: "snapple936"
:-)

august 28th hartford connecticut

ROCKED! :-) one of the best shows ever, dave matthews band.. "satellite", there are no words to describe how good

kelley<3

good times!  Satellite's a great song, i haven't heard it live yet though.  *jealous* 8)
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

snapple936

• View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2004, 06:10:35 pm »
what do you all think of dave's solo stuff? i'm sad that the band is somewhat dismembered at this point.. i love the violinist..
they had the "dave and friends" concert in hartford a few months ago and one person who went said it was awesome, and another told me it was awful and didn't live up to their expectations. what do you think? i like "gravedigger", personally, but we'll have to wait and see when it comes to other music

kelley
...i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun, you know that only the good

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2004, 06:27:48 pm »
never liked them.

Manda

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 10:20:24 pm »
Quote from: "snapple936"
what do you all think of dave's solo stuff? i'm sad that the band is somewhat dismembered at this point.. i love the violinist..
they had the "dave and friends" concert in hartford a few months ago and one person who went said it was awesome, and another told me it was awful and didn't live up to their expectations. what do you think? i like "gravedigger", personally, but we'll have to wait and see when it comes to other music

kelley

I am not going to a Dave and Friends show, so I really can't say.  I love the energy and heart that pours from the band when they play live.  Dave has definately got everything to make it on his own in a solo career, but I don't think that the other band members can.  Case in point: Boyd Tinsley.  Do NOT get me wrong, Boyd is one of the sweetest and most talented guys ever, and he was classically trained on the violin to begin with, but his solo record was bland, to say the least.  I think that any other of the band members would have the same turnout except for Dave.  For the most part, I like Dave's solo stuff.  It's got a different feel to it, and a lot of it has grown on me.  I love "Gravedigger" the video is spectacular.

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2004, 04:46:08 pm »
Yeah Dave!  He won the Grammy for "gravedigger" in the Best Male Rock Vocal Performance category!  He beat out David Bowie and Bob Dylan I believe.  Can't wait to see him perform!

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2005, 07:49:06 pm »
Big bump for DMB!  Tongiht VH1 premiered the video for the first single, "American Baby" off of the new album Stand Up.  The album comes out in less than a month!

Watch "American Baby" here:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/dave_matthews_band/videos.jhtml

Turn_on_the_stars

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - onetimewonder@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sarahgcrazy
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - alissa34691
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG GUESS WHAT!
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2005, 01:49:34 pm »
My mom got stand up! the new cd! and shes going to make me a copy! oh yesh i already listened to it and stuff but yea its sooooo different!
xoxo:sarah  

Turn_on_the_stars

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - onetimewonder@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sarahgcrazy
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - alissa34691
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: OMG GUESS WHAT!
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »
Quote from: "Turn_on_the_stars"
My mom got stand up! the new cd! and shes going to make me a copy! oh yesh i already listened to it and stuff but yea its sooooo different!

i have them all on mp3's so if yew want it or sumthin email me!  :infinity:
xoxo:sarah  

snapple936

• View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2005, 08:57:06 pm »
i got to see dave matthew's band again tonight in hartford, great show!

kelley