Author Topic: Dave Matthews Band  (Read 12223 times)

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2003, 02:08:56 pm »
I wanna see a show, probably will do the Giants Stadium thing like I do every year which rocks!!
Also the best concert EVER, better than any Bush or any Vanessa show was a Dave show where it started to rain and thunder during The space between us and then during "Two Step" all hell broke loose, the PA system went out, the stage sparked people were screaming and running fo rthe exits because of the lightening and there was this HUGE bang and then the power went out but Dave never stopped playing. I have the show on cd and everytime I listen to it I get the worst chills, it's juszt so hard to explain, but if anyone was there you know EXACTLY what i am talking about.

Mike
.........the one and only!

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2003, 02:09:10 pm »
I wanna see a show, probably will do the Giants Stadium thing like I do every year which rocks!!
Also the best concert EVER, better than any Bush or any Vanessa show was a Dave show where it started to rain and thunder during The space between us and then during "Two Step" all hell broke loose, the PA system went out, the stage sparked people were screaming and running fo rthe exits because of the lightening and there was this HUGE bang and then the power went out but Dave never stopped playing. I have the show on cd and everytime I listen to it I get the worst chills, it's juszt so hard to explain, but if anyone was there you know EXACTLY what i am talking about.

Mike
.........the one and only!

drumpad

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
My favs are
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2003, 06:23:31 am »
Satallite, Ants go Marching, what would you say, The space between.

Ants go Marching is my absolute favorite
 ---"poot slap, poot slap, dawg with that thump"

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2003, 02:00:52 pm »
The best part about Ants Marching is the VERY distinctive drum beat at the beginning.  I dont know why, but that always makes me go nuts.

Oh man... im gettin the itch.  I need to see dave.  He misses me. I know it.  I dont know if I can wait much longer.  :wink:
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2003, 02:14:02 pm »
dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!!  August 27 and 28 at SPAC!  It can't come soon enough!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2003, 09:39:40 am »
*sigh*

I feel sooooooooo much better now.

Saw DMB last night in Cincy.  Show was amazing.  Jammed out jimmi thing, cry freedom, minatrets, closed with what you are.  Only got one new song for my list, Sleep to Dream Her, but thats about all I expect these days.  I was praying for So Right.  Oh well.  Seeing them again next week in Indy!!!!
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

MichaelScheer

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MichaelScheer
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2003, 08:39:20 am »
My absolute favourite DMB Song is "Space Between"! It has such a great melody and it´s really easy to play on guitar!  :)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2003, 07:50:12 am »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
*sigh*

I feel sooooooooo much better now.

Saw DMB last night in Cincy.  Show was amazing.  Jammed out jimmi thing, cry freedom, minatrets, closed with what you are.  Only got one new song for my list, Sleep to Dream Her, but thats about all I expect these days.  I was praying for So Right.  Oh well.  Seeing them again next week in Indy!!!!
---Andrew

Kickass show!  Minarets makes a return and Sleep to Dream Her makes a surprise.  Friends of mine went to Buffalo for the Darien Lake show and the set list was retro!  Lots of stuff from Under the Table and Dreaming and BTCS.  I'm hoping he doesn't change it up too much between now and the end of August when I see him.
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

jlmusicchick

• View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2003, 08:39:20 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"
dude, I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!!!  August 27 and 28 at SPAC!  It can't come soon enough!

Any WHY have you not told me about this show, sister? hmmmmmmmmmm? I thought you said you would take me to the next one!  :evil:

juuuuuuuust kidding  :lol:  but i would like to go......

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2003, 07:04:15 am »
DMB again tonight!  I'm praying for "So Right" and "Dreaming Tree"!  Everyone cross their fingers for me!
---Andrew

---Andrew

justaboy23

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/weirdgillysong
dave, carter, leroi, stefan, boyd
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2003, 07:19:05 am »
dmb is the only band who could ever possibly fill the ever touring jam band throne left empty by the grateful dead... every dmb (i never say just "dave" because there's a whole band there and all of them deserve credit not just mr. mathews) show i've ever been to has been different from the one preceding it.. this is key... as far as favorite song i can't name one... too many.. but my personal favorite album where everything is at it's tightest is probably before these crowded streets...
don't burn the day ya'll

shine on
in this dream scene lost my rhyme scheme
won't you fall down on me sleeping
and i will carry you all the way

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Re: dave, carter, leroi, stefan, boyd
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2003, 11:45:54 am »
Quote from: "justaboy23"
dmb is the only band who could ever possibly fill the ever touring jam band throne left empty by the grateful dead... every dmb (i never say just "dave" because there's a whole band there and all of them deserve credit not just mr. mathews) show i've ever been to has been different from the one preceding it.. this is key... as far as favorite song i can't name one... too many.. but my personal favorite album where everything is at it's tightest is probably before these crowded streets...
don't burn the day ya'll

shine on

BTCS in the HOOOOOOUSE!  it's prob my fav too.

I say Dave.  Cause Dave is my man.

Not to diss the rest of the band... but Dave is the heart.  Dave is the reason I keep going back.  Without him, the others are just talented musicians with no direction.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2003, 07:44:24 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
DMB again tonight!  I'm praying for "So Right" and "Dreaming Tree"!  Everyone cross their fingers for me!
---Andrew

Have fun Andrew!  **crosses fingers for So Right, Dreaming Tree, and Pig (for my sake)**  Post about the show when you can.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2003, 07:03:51 am »
Quote from: "Dancernl"

Have fun Andrew!  **crosses fingers for So Right, Dreaming Tree, and Pig (for my sake)**  Post about the show when you can.

Didn't get any of my wish list.... BUT I did get some GREAT older songs... stuff I haven't heard since like 98-99.

Ants
Dancing Nancies
Crash
The Stone
Song that Jane Likes
Last Stop
Pay for what you get
One Sweet World

Good stuff.  I didn't get home till 3:00 AM though.  That was a pain.  And here I was at work at 8:30 this morning.  Ugh.
---Andrew

---Andrew

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2003, 07:37:05 pm »
I am definately groovin on the current set lists, I am hoping it lasts!