Author Topic: McCain gets slammed!!!  (Read 50130 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2007, 04:34:43 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
55% of the people who actually took the poll.

Obviously Republicans dominate and as long as they dominate there will be no gay marriage. Most people voted for Bush just because they didn't want gay marriage to be a possibility.

Most people do not do polls but when it comes down to voting, they sure as hell will show up to vote against something.

As far as the loving home issue with gay parents, I'm just not in favor of that. I think its cruel no matter how much love is there a child with two same sex parents will be the center of jokes, ridicule, and constant humiliation. People are cruel, and most places are not going to hide how they feel when they see that. Maybe in Massachusetts they might not do that, but in most other places they will not stop hurting the child, parents, or the family because they are different in their eyes.

Polls are generally good indicators of how the general public feels, because they're random. You can't take a poll in an extremely liberal and conservative area and just base your finds on that and apply it to the rest of the country, it doesn't work. And that's not the case with polls done by news outlets.

Republicans no longer dominate. Democrats have the majority in the Senate and the House.

I agree people are cruel. But justifying people's hate and biggotry by saying that people would normally react that way, and that it's expected that people would treat a child from a gay home with abuse - just perpetuates the problem.

There shouldn't even be that prejudice and hate to begin with. If there wasn't any, you wouldn't feel the need to "protect orphans" as you like to phrase it.

Become part of the solution, don't allow issues in society to continue by taking an apathetic stance to them.

"Gays shouldn't adopt because their adopted children would be treated unfairly by peers anyway. So why bother." Is a really sad thing to say, that's just trading one tragedy for another.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

jessica73

• You aren't tryin'
    • MSN Messenger - cloud_strife_73@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - bluedragonrider1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/dragonknight337/
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2007, 04:39:44 pm »
I could see where you're coming from, but the fact remains that there aren't enough straight couple out there adopting kids, and I think the possibility of being ridiculed for having two moms/dads is a small price to pay to have a family that loves you, instead of being a ward of the state and going from foster home to foster home.

Besides, kids (adults, too) can be complete jerks. Being made fun of pretty much comes with growing up. :/ If it wasn't gay parents, it'd just be something else stupid, like making fun of their shoes.
Starbuck is mai waifu

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 04:41:31 pm »
Quote from: "jessica73"
I could see where you're coming from, but the fact remains that there aren't enough straight couple out there adopting kids, and I think the possibility of being ridiculed for having two moms/dads is a small price to pay to have a family that loves you, instead of being a ward of the state and going from foster home to foster home.

Besides, kids (adults, too) can be complete jerks. Being made fun of pretty much comes with growing up. :/ If it wasn't gay parents, it'd just be something else stupid, like making fun of their shoes.

Thank god, I felt like I've been alone for most of this debate. lol

twilightcarnival

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - distantskies93@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - twilightcarnival
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - runningridermado@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 04:53:31 pm »
So basically what she is saying is,
She'd rather have the kids packed into a foster home with parents that can't really take time to bond with them or love them, rather than have them live with two same sex parents that would really care about them?
Or, perhaps she's trying to say she'd rather have the child live in an abusive home with heterosexual parents? Because then they could get made fun of their bruises and cuts instead of getting made fun of having two gay parents. And that would be SO much better, right?
Yes, people can be mean but you know what? Who the heck cares.
You shouldnt let other people's rude opinions change how you think about yourself of others. People need to stop being so judgemental and stop caring so much about what others think of them.
I think if two gay people want to adopt a child, then that is perfecly fine. End of story.

And as I sit here in this dark room
All I seem to feel is light...

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 05:04:34 pm »
Thats right.

You can twist it any way you would like, my opinion stays the same.

I do not feel gay couples no matter how loving they are should be allowed to adopt a child.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 05:08:05 pm »
eh I think it is fine for two gay parents to adopt children. Sure the kid will go through a hard time and stuff but it will only make them a stronger person once they grow up.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 05:10:54 pm »
Thats right.

I do not feel gay couples no matter how loving they are should be allowed to adopt a child.

TwilightCarnival didn't twist your opinion in any form, what she/he (sorry) said was very much based on reality.

Manda

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 05:13:49 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Thats right.

TwilightCarnival didn't twist your opinion in any form, what she/he (sorry) said was very much based on reality.

I did not say that TwilightCarnival twisted my words around, so don't make it seem like I did.  :roll:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 05:17:58 pm »
Thats right.

I did not say that TwilightCarnival twisted my words around, so don't make it seem like I did.  :roll:

Um. TwilightCarnival said, "So that's what she is basically saying - etc."

And you responded, "That's right, you can twist it any way you would like."

I'm pretty sure you're saying she put some spin on your opinion in some form or another.

Don't bother arguing semantics with me. I'm sorry that everyone basically shot holes in your argument.

twilightcarnival

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 05:19:06 pm »
Thats right.

Im a she ;)

And Manda, WHY do you feel they shouldn't adopt children?
Just because it's not "biblical" or what ever doesn't mean it is wrong.
I don't get why people think gays are some kind of another species or something?
They are just normal people who happen to be different from you , why can't you accept that?!

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 05:50:13 pm »

Not to be some goodie-goodie, over religious freak here but, I don't think you understand that comprimising law, especially God's, is extremely wrong. If it's not approved of in the Bible, it's wrong.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 05:55:16 pm »
I was going to say that everyone should agree to disagree but... nevermind, what Suicidalboobs said rubbed me the wrong way. lol Nothing against you dude.

God's law does not apply to the United States government. In the constitution there's this little stipend that dictates the seperation of church and state. We live in a secular country. God's laws do not (or rather, should not) apply to us as citizens of this nation.

You can choose to adhere to them privately if you so wish as a private citizen of a secular nation.

Manda

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 07:02:37 pm »
Quote from: "twilightcarnival"
Thats right.

Im a she ;)

And Manda, WHY do you feel they shouldn't adopt children?
I don't get why people think gays are some kind of another species or something?
They are just normal people who happen to be different from you , why can't you accept that?!

I really do not need to state anymore why I do not feel gay couples should  not be allowed to adopt children. Its just my opinion, I was not arguing just stating something that I felt I disagreed with.  :wink:

we all have our own views and opinions and that is mine.

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"

Not to be some goodie-goodie, over religious freak here but, I don't think you understand that comprimising law, especially God's, is extremely wrong. If it's not approved of in the Bible, it's wrong.

I'm sorry, I know that it's technically an opinion, but you are wrong.

Part of being religious, especially Christian of any denomination is using the Bible to apply it to your own lives. What you are referring to is in the Old Testament and was probably written more than 4,000 years ago. The Old Testaments also bans eating of crawfish and pork and says that slavery is okay (as long as it's from neighboring countries). Looking at the Bible for moral guidelines is A-OK, but you need to get with the times. If you blindly follow the Bible, then you are depriving yourself of the individuality that religion and spirituality in general should enhance. You need to make decisions for yourself. You are, in a spiritual sense, less human because you are not thinking individually.

Jesus promotes ideas of love and community, but what you are doing is isolating and discriminating. That makes you a hypocrite. Anybody who uses the Bible as a weapon is a hypocrite. Love between human beings is sacred, whether it's between two men or two women or a man and a woman. Manda, I respect your opinion and always have. I disagree, but don't feel like getting in an argument.

Plus, the Bible needs to stay out of our government, as portions said.
Joe

twilightcarnival

• View Profile
McCain gets slammed!!!
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2007, 09:19:42 pm »
I totally agree with everything Jophess said, and think that you have some very good opinions ^^

And true, if we did follow everything the bible said, a lot of things (like slavery) would still be allowed. And that is NOT okay.

But you know what? Manda, as much as I love to debate, I think I'm just gonna stop arguing now. I obviously can't make you see that gays ARE people and should have the same rights as everyone else, so Im just gonna drop this.
Ok?