Author Topic: Heroes and Thieves (album)  (Read 16506 times)

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Heroes and Thieves (album)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2007, 06:18:43 pm »
My Best is AMAZING.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »
Quote from: "devil in the dark"
My Best is AMAZING.

i agree. it's now onw of my favorites on the album :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2007, 09:07:30 pm »
"my best" is really sad - especially the ending after the last two lines. i like it a lot.

i know it's been so long
i can't ever seem to forget
all it takes is a song
and i could swear i hear your steps
down the hall..

VanessaPiana

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2007, 10:04:49 pm »
I'm still a fan of V, but not of this album at this point. Which is pretty sad, 'cuz I've waited a little over 2 years for this album, and it's fallen short of my expectations... at least sound-wise and vocally. I was expecting something like HARMONIUM and BNN put together, but more progressive and mature. NF is the best track so far. The only thing that really wowed me was the classically-inspired bit on 'Home', which is the longest song on the album. I hope against all hope that V doesn't sing the way she did on HAT on her future records, 'cuz her voice was just a mess [as well as the protooling, production, and engineering]. It could mean her career going down the tubes. The album cover is haunting [it even scares me b/c V looks like she's gonna jump out and eat me at anytime], but I like it. The photos for the album are pretty lame, though [the ones for BNN and HARMONIUM were pretty good].

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 08:55:49 am »
Quote from: "VanessaPiana"
I'm still a fan of V, but not of this album at this point. Which is pretty sad, 'cuz I've waited a little over 2 years for this album, and it's fallen short of my expectations... at least sound-wise and vocally. I was expecting something like HARMONIUM and BNN put together, but more progressive and mature. NF is the best track so far. The only thing that really wowed me was the classically-inspired bit on 'Home', which is the longest song on the album. I hope against all hope that V doesn't sing the way she did on HAT on her future records, 'cuz her voice was just a mess [as well as the protooling, production, and engineering]. It could mean her career going down the tubes. The album cover is haunting [it even scares me b/c V looks like she's gonna jump out and eat me at anytime], but I like it. The photos for the album are pretty lame, though [the ones for BNN and HARMONIUM were pretty good].

Irv executive produced, so the album has to be a little mainstream.

**Ann-Marie89**

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - buttaflikat@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 05:43:53 pm »

Yea I know! Have you tried listening to it over and over? It does get better.. What can I say- I REALLY wanted Best Behavior on the album  :cry:

Katherine Ann Marie xox
**Ann-Marie like a mirror of what you wanna be**

*Tutorials* and Nessa Song Demonstrations of Accurate Transcriptions from Me, Myself and I, as well as Pianobea, Blueglove and Maag (mentioned on each song where applicable) on Youtube! Yay!! (Go See! ^_^)

http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 08:08:34 pm »
I really think that "More Than This" (my favorite song) wraps up the album beautifully in every way.  It really is like the last chapter of a book that ends sweetly.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 08:29:55 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
I really think that "More Than This" (my favorite song) wraps up the album beautifully in every way.  It really is like the last chapter of a book that ends sweetly.

i agree. it is definately my favorite song on the album, and closes the album perfectly :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2007, 02:02:16 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"

i agree. it is definately my favorite song on the album, and closes the album perfectly :)

ditto!! I love it!

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2007, 02:35:33 pm »
I was expecting something like HARMONIUM and BNN put together, but more progressive and mature.

I'm sorry lol but thats how I would describe this album. It has its own sound and vibe of course, but I feel she's found a happy medium between her younger more simple sound on BNN and the heavy production and orchestras on harmonium.

The photos for the album are pretty lame, though

Have to disagree again im afraid, I think the album photoshoot is BEAUTIFUL. I will admit, though, that from the pictures i've seen so far they didnt use the best ones in the album booklet.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 03:20:09 pm »
ya i LOVE the album pics...expept for the pic that is next to the come undone lyrics...im not too crazy about that one...but its still nice :)

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2007, 06:22:15 pm »
I love the pictures!  I love the one where she is sitting down

Dianthus

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow you :)
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 04:07:45 am »
Yeah I guess I was expecting at least a FEW of some dark songs, but I'm glad with the way V has gone - it's how she's been feeling and I think it really reflects her life now, and if she's happy, we're happy  :lol:

Another thing: has anyone noticed she didn't really have a song which was extremely difficult (vocally)? I was expecting some majorly high notes for a long time (Annie? San Fran?). I'm not complaining, I was just a little bit surprised...I don't know :/

All in all though, I really LOVE how Heroes & Thieves turned out!!! It's gonna be huuugge :D Congrats Vanessa!!!

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 05:17:09 am »
you don't think Fools Like Me is difficult vocally?
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 05:34:44 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
you don't think Fools Like Me is difficult vocally?

ya i agree..i think FLM is VERY difficult...