Author Topic: What singles would YOU release?  (Read 12501 times)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Re: HOme?
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2007, 12:21:18 am »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Why would you people pick Home? It's not commercial enough, I don't think it will do very well if it was released....it's too slow.

i have to agree with you.

Slow doesn't necessarily mean people won't buy it. Don't Know Why was slow but it was on the top 100 for over a year. Home is a beautiful song with an amazing ending and can get an audience. It might not be the KIIS audience but there is a KOST audience. I think Vanessa will want to branch away from the pop area because that's where all the people think she's just the ATM girl. Stevie made a good career in the easy listening genre.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: HOme?
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2007, 10:43:41 am »
Quote from: "Steveau"
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
Why would you people pick Home? It's not commercial enough, I don't think it will do very well if it was released....it's too slow.

i have to agree with you.

Slow doesn't necessarily mean people won't buy it. Don't Know Why was slow but it was on the top 100 for over a year. Home is a beautiful song with an amazing ending and can get an audience. It might not be the KIIS audience but there is a KOST audience. I think Vanessa will want to branch away from the pop area because that's where all the people think she's just the ATM girl. Stevie made a good career in the easy listening genre.

Norah Jones did have a hit with a slow song, but in V's case, it starts slow and then builds. I don't know if people are patient to wait around and hear the whole song. I just think it wouldn't be a wise choice.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
What singles would YOU release?
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2007, 10:52:16 am »
Home is too slow! You need a song that immediatly catches your attention, like....spring street. heroes and thieves should get released just cause its the album's name  :D

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2007, 12:47:38 pm »
You actually think Spring Street would sell better than Home? I think people here are more interested in their personal preference than the general listening audience. I would put money on it that Home would sell more in a week than Spring Street would in a month

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2007, 01:36:03 pm »
well I think home is more deeper than Spring Street but how whoever said it (forgot) people are not going to want to wait for the song to get all fast and stuff I mean I would but with todays society most people would not. I don't know mabey they can release a radio friendly version or something.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2007, 05:19:32 pm »
who says that a song has to get fast at some point. I get it everyone here apparently loves fast songs. I'm not one of them but I think Vanessa might want to branch out from being just a pop artist and I think that would be a smart move because there's a window for a pop career and I want her to stay around for a long time.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2007, 07:50:30 pm »
who says that a song has to get fast at some point. I get it everyone here apparently loves fast songs. I'm not one of them but I think Vanessa might want to branch out from being just a pop artist and I think that would be a smart move because there's a window for a pop career and I want her to stay around for a long time.

It's not that we all like fast songs, I just don't think Home is commercial enough to sell an album.

Personally, I think Hands On Me would be good choice because it's really catchy.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 08:55:18 pm »

It's not that we all like fast songs, I just don't think Home is commercial enough to sell an album.

Personally, I think Hands On Me would be good choice because it's really catchy.

I agree .

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

emil0ca

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - emil0ca@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://devoted.to/cardinalbabes
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 09:01:26 pm »
Some of the biggest songs in the world are slower songs. Home is incredibly catchy and commercial, as is Hands on Me. I would want Home to close out the album's singles though, as it seems the perfect ending point.

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2007, 04:37:20 pm »
Home
H&T
HOM
Come Undone

right now I would change it to:
Home
My Best
H&T
Come Undone

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2007, 06:42:06 pm »
Let me offer my opinion...

1. Nolita Fairytale
2. Hands on Me
3. Fools Like Me
4. Home
5. Heroes & Thieves
- IcyStorm

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2007, 09:22:43 am »
I'm pretty sure Vanessa will release a single of a song co-written with Linda Perry. maybe "Spring Street" as third single...
that wouldn't be a surprise for me if "Hand on me" would be the next single.