Author Topic: Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"  (Read 41041 times)

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2007, 10:34:43 pm »
Quote from: "PianoPlayer12"
ya thats what i was wondering to, bec ause on iTunes tehre is a separate chart for digital downloads...

I remembered your bday so you can't blame me for being late!  :D  I just haven't got to go on coz I got a letter home from school saying I didn't hand in my P.E assignment  8)

Jordan1612

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2007, 05:27:11 am »
i have to say i find it hard to believe she only sold 18,000 when the album was pretty much in the top 10 on itunes for the first week of release..

maybe they dont count them ?

private-radio

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
We should go, go...

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2007, 08:42:06 am »
Quote from: "Jordan1612"
i have to say i find it hard to believe she only sold 18,000 when the album was pretty much in the top 10 on itunes for the first week of release..

That's correct, they don't count digital sales. All CD sales charts never take digital sales into configuration, it's always physical copies sold. So 18,000 isn't entirely accurate.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

private-radio

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
We should go, go...

Promiscious-boy

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-For-Music@hotmail.co.uk
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Perfectlyin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2007, 01:10:54 pm »
I'm impressed... I thought.. after IPOD, no one would buy albums.. and in a week... Vanessa sold 18,000 copies! and my thought goes like " Wow that's great.. " let's see how many copies we'll have until the end...

I love this Aussiebrit... 50% from Australia, and 50% from United Kingdom

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2007, 09:21:28 pm »
Quote from: "Jordan1612"

That's what I was saying. I believe digital sales, such as on iTunes, might not be taken into account when they are creating the Billboard 200.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2007, 11:27:47 am »
I know we all want Vanessa to sell tons of records but I think "our" expectations as fans are not going to be met immediately.  IF J-LO cannot sell over 60K in one week then how will Vanessa?  I have to agree with Brian and we will have to trust that Irv will have a plan.  You also have to understand that he is trying to fight for respect in the game again so he will have to push ALL his artists.  As for promotion of the album maybe it could of been a little harder and radio play is dismal.  I hate to say it but I don't think V's status will go back up until she has a hit similar to ATM or OD.  Hopefully one of her songs this year will connect with a big movie and that will get her the single to make the album go GOLD or hopefully Platinum.  I think we all agree that there is no actual "hit single" material on this album.  The music is great but it is not the cheesy watered down music that the masses have been hypnotized to love over the years.  I have my hopes in V and Irv.

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!

craft

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2007, 12:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "superscientific"
I know we all want Vanessa to sell tons of records but I think "our" expectations as fans are not going to be met immediately.  IF J-LO cannot sell over 60K in one week then how will Vanessa?  I have to agree with Brian and we will have to trust that Irv will have a plan.  You also have to understand that he is trying to fight for respect in the game again so he will have to push ALL his artists.  As for promotion of the album maybe it could of been a little harder and radio play is dismal.  I hate to say it but I don't think V's status will go back up until she has a hit similar to ATM or OD.  Hopefully one of her songs this year will connect with a big movie and that will get her the single to make the album go GOLD or hopefully Platinum.  I think we all agree that there is no actual "hit single" material on this album.  The music is great but it is not the cheesy watered down music that the masses have been hypnotized to love over the years.  I have my hopes in V and Irv.

Maybe Irv can get one of Vanessa's songs onto a commercial, such as an Ipod or electronic commercial. It worked with Feist, so why not Vanessa?...but what song to choose....

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2007, 01:16:22 pm »
Quote from: "craft"

Maybe Irv can get one of Vanessa's songs onto a commercial, such as an Ipod or electronic commercial. It worked with Feist, so why not Vanessa?...but what song to choose....

Hands On Me!
or Heroes & Thieves.  That song seems to be appealing to the masses.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2007, 03:55:10 pm »
Hands on Me would be great for an iPod touch commercial. Get it? ... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me... haha... ok, lame. But I can totally see it.

Stromata

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2007, 04:13:18 pm »
i think if there's a "hit" on this album, it's heroes & theives. that song has a killer piano riff and i think it would catch on quick if it was released as a single.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2007, 04:16:50 pm »
Quote from: "MyMelody"
Hands on Me would be great for an iPod touch commercial. Get it? ... and if you don't believe me, just put your hands on me... haha... ok, lame. But I can totally see it.

Ooh nice!
Who wants to contact Apple, now?
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007, 05:30:09 pm »

I pretty much agree with you.  This is pretty much my position except I think she could go big with this even without a movie connection.  The promotion is fine, but maybe a little late as there was no pre-release promotion.  I still think Home is the single everyone will be able to connect with on a large scale no matter where their home happens to be.  If anything this album will give her some much needed identity and build a bigger fan base.  So is my humble opinion.

superscientific

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • Bang Bang?
    • MSN Messenger - superscientific@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - superscientific
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2007, 06:25:20 pm »
My goodness an Apple commercial would be huge.  It really did work with Feist and many other artists that were played.  As corny as it is "Hands on me" would work for IPOD Touch and IPhone.....
Well lets see what happens.  I do like Heroes and Thieves the best...
It reminds me of her old material.  It seems to be very similar to Ordinary Day on composition and sound.

Danny

"you fake like a smile...like a hug I'm tight" - Common "Hungry"
Check out Missy Higgins Music Now!
Myspace!