Author Topic: Bionic Woman  (Read 7644 times)

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Bionic Woman
« on: October 15, 2007, 10:43:27 pm »
Who else loves this show? I was studying for a math test and needed a break when it started and now I'm hooked. I absolutely love this show!

Struggling as a bartender and surrogate mom to her teenage sister, Jaime Sommers (Michelle Ryan, "EastEnders") didn't think life could get much harder. But when a devastating car accident leaves her at death's door, Jaime's only hope for survival is a cutting-edge, top-secret technology that comes at a hefty price.

With a whole new existence and a debt to re-pay, Jaime must figure out how to use her extraordinary abilities for good -- while weighing the personal sacrifices she will have to make. Ultimately, it's Jaime's journey of self-discovery and inner strength that will help her embrace her new life as the Bionic Woman in this new action-drama series.

Also starring are: Miguel Ferrer ("Crossing Jordan") as Jonas Bledsoe, the man who employs Jaime's boyfriend; Molly Price ("Third Watch") as Ruth Truewell, Jonas' second-in-command; Chris Bowers ("Rescue Me") as Will Anthros, Jaime's boyfriend, who performs the operation; Will Yun Lee ("Witchblade") as Jae Kim, the specialized operations leader; Lucy Kate Hale ("How I Met Your Mother"), as Jaime’s younger sister, Becca; and Mark Sheppard ("Battlestar Galatica") as Dr. Anthony Anthros, Will’s father and the man who originated the bionic technology.

"Bionic Woman" is produced by Universal Media Studios and executive-produced by David Eick ("Battlestar Galactica") and Jason Smilovic ("Lucky Number Slevin").

Day & time:
Wednesdays (9-10 p.m. ET) on NBC

Premiere date:
September 26, 2007

Starring:
Michelle Ryan, Miguel Ferrer, Molly Price, Will Yun Lee, Chris Bowers, Lucy Kate Hale, Mark Sheppard

Executive producers:
David Eick, Jason Smilovic, (Laeta Kalogridis and Michael Dinner, pilot)

Co-executive producer:
Dave Barrett

Producers:
Howard Grigsby, Kamran Pasha and Lindsay Sturman

Consulting producers:
Darin Morgan, Jon Cowan and Robert Rovner

Supervising producers:
Melissa Byer and Treena Hancock

Story editors:
Mimi Won and Hannah Shakespeare

Staff writers:
Andrew Chambliss, Todd Katzberg and Dave Kalstein

Director:
Michael Dinner (pilot)

Production designer:
Mark Freeborn

Art director:
Tony Wohlgemuth

Director of photography:
Rob McLachlan

Editors:
Barry Zetlin, Jim Coblentz and Augie Hess

Music by:
Wendy Melvoin and Lisa Coleman

Casting directors:
Eric Dawson (Los Angeles) and Coreen Mayrs (Vancouver)

Costume designer:
Tish Monaghan

Sound mixer:
Eric Batut

Origination:
Vancouver, Canada

Produced by:
Universal Media Studios

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bionic Woman
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 11:07:56 am »
I saw the first episode but haven't caught up yet. But...

Brandi Carlile's song "Closer To You" is being used in Bionic Woman tonight at 8pm central on NBC.

Isn't the chick from the UK?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »
The show is pretty interesting. I have been watching it. I was actually going to post a topic about it eventually  :lol:.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 04:42:55 pm »
I watched the first episode and liked it but I'm so behind in watching shows because I've been downloading this show since Wednesday has Kitchen Nightmares and Private Practice in the same timeslot and I don't have a DVR so I record them on the 2 VCRs in my house.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:00 am »
Lucy Hale (who plays Becca) really reminds me of Mila Kunis, especially when she first started That 70s Show. I was all O_o when I first saw her, lol.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 04:43:11 pm »
She was on American Juniors that American Idol type show for the kids from 10-16 that was on a couple of years ago. I was thinking back then that she was cute enough to be an actress if the singing didn't work out

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Bionic Woman
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 07:54:19 pm »
this is a tv show? lol this whole time i was looking at the billboards i thought it was a movie... oops

wait i even saw a giant poster for it IN a movie theater...  IS there a movie?

my boyfriends dad told me that i looked like person who plays the bionic woman.... don't know if it was a compliment
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 08:48:48 pm »
Quote from: "Jessica"
my boyfriends dad told me that i looked like person who plays the bionic woman.... don't know if it was a compliment

It is a compliment, although I'd say you look better than she does.

Manda

• View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 10:05:36 pm »
I noticed Private Practice is on Wednesday's at 9pm too, whatthefuck?! Bionic Woman was not on last week, what's going on?  :evil:

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 12:26:42 am »
it was on I saw it

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 07:32:41 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
I noticed Private Practice is on Wednesday's at 9pm too, whatthefuck?! Bionic Woman was not on last week, what's going on?  :evil:

It was on last week. Did they have some time switcharoo out there?

Manda

• View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2007, 12:42:39 pm »
I have Dish Network Satellite and it wasn't set to record so I checked to see what was going to be on that day, and at that time it was private practice and another show before it, no bionic woman at all. I was totally bummed out.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 08:24:01 pm »
That accent Jaime used last night was ridiculously hot, LOL.

Manda

• View Profile
Bionic Woman
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 09:09:35 pm »
Quote from: "B"

Isn't she from the UK?

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
Bionic Woman
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 09:21:51 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
Quote from: "B"

Isn't she from the UK?

She is, which made me wonder if that is her normal accent or if she just made it up. LOL