Author Topic: Second Single (Information)  (Read 16174 times)

Shelly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Second Single (Information)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 05:48:03 pm »
Quote from: "equeen1022"
I'm no expert at choosing hit singles, but imo I don't think they should release Hands on Me. Maybe it's just because I don't like how the studio version turned out. I think they should release Come Undone.

Quote from: "amberbeads"
i think it should be Come Undone... minus the intro, of course...

HoM is a not a good idea, IMHO. Vanessa got WAY too much attention for White Houses being all about sex... and that's exactly what going to happen with HoM as well. Granted, that's a very narrow view of the song but it's what's likely to happen. Plus, I just don't see HoM appealing to the general radio audience much like White Houses. Both are catchy songs just not radio-y. :) Deciding what song should be a single isn't so much about which song one "likes" the best but which song will appeal to the largest audience.  Who's To Say should have been the first single from Harmonim, for example.

I'm gonna jump on the Come Undone bandwagon here. The first time I heard Come Undone, I literally froze and thought "SINGLE!" If you cut out the intro and the ending, it's 2:23... which IS a little short. I wonder if she could add to it? If not Come Undone, my vote is for Fools Like Me or possibly My Best. More Than This is one of those amazing songs (like Twilight) that I wish more people could hear but it's just not radio single material. Perhaps Home could be a single later on if she continues to have success with other songs?

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 07:21:07 pm »
^^^ I think that HOM does appeal to a large audience and that it will get radio play. I think it is exactly the type of song that V should release as her next single, more so than Come Undone...at least in regards to the second single.
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 10:34:08 pm »
ya i really dont think come undone would be a good single...imo.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

emil0ca

• MSN Messenger - emil0ca@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://devoted.to/cardinalbabes
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 10:52:51 pm »
Hands on Me is the safest choice, by far. I'm happy. Ditto the comments on it being a bit dark and fitting the upcoming winter months.

I much prefer Come Undone, but I have always wanted it to be a third single, if she gets that far. Hopefully. :D

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2007, 12:39:16 am »
Meh, I don't think HOM would be a wise choice. As much as I love it, it's not really radio-friendly.
I think Spring Street or Come Undone would be better: Spring Street because it's catchy (the na-na-na part) and Come Undone because it's kinda upbeat and has a great piano riff.
My 2 cents...
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Imaginary Ocean

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2007, 03:50:29 am »
I think "The One" would be the best choice cause there's Stevie on it and A LOT of people do like her.

Saulo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2007, 04:16:05 am »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Meh, I don't think HOM would be a wise choice. As much as I love it, it's not really radio-friendly.
I think Spring Street or Come Undone would be better: Spring Street because it's catchy (the na-na-na part) and Come Undone because it's kinda upbeat and has a great piano riff.
My 2 cents...

Spring Street? Are you out of your mind?
Well she might as well just go ahead and release My Best and sink the CD already.

It's not about what WE like. It's about what's good for the CD. And HOM is definitely catchier than Spring Street. And Come Undone needs a radio edit if it's ever released as a single because its current album format is SO not radio-friendly.

emil0ca

• MSN Messenger - emil0ca@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://devoted.to/cardinalbabes
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2007, 04:40:30 am »
Spring Street is very catchy. Anyone who says different probably hasn't heard it. I would venture to say it's catchier than Hands on Me; Hands on Me is just gorgeous though.

They are all fantastic songs, but Hands on Me feels right. Irv wanted to release it first, right? That might have something to do with this too.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2007, 04:45:48 am »
i don't even like spring street but i think it would make a good single, too. i can just hear it on the radio, i guess. but i would turn it off...  :oops:
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2007, 10:11:23 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
i don't even like spring street but i think it would make a good single, too. i can just hear it on the radio, i guess. but i would turn it off...  :oops:

hahaha. ya i agree...im not a very big fan of it..but i could DEF. hear it on the radio.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2007, 10:56:54 am »
I think that HOM is perfect, because it's upbeat and extremely catchy!  Spring Street I think would maybe suffice as a FOURTH single?  I think The One would be a likely candidate for third single.  It seems like when it comes to releasing singles from a CD, they choose 1. upbeat, 2. upbeat, 3. slower/balladish, 4. somewhere in the middle, and after four, if an artist makes it that far, it's pretty much a free-for-all.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2007, 02:34:32 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
I think that HOM is perfect, because it's upbeat and extremely catchy!  Spring Street I think would maybe suffice as a FOURTH single?  I think The One would be a likely candidate for third single.  It seems like when it comes to releasing singles from a CD, they choose 1. upbeat, 2. upbeat, 3. slower/balladish, 4. somewhere in the middle, and after four, if an artist makes it that far, it's pretty much a free-for-all.

This seems the best. The One and Spring Street would get a lot of radio-play on adult stations and I can just see the video on VH1 now.

ste_uel

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2007, 03:06:04 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
Spring Street because it's catchy (the na-na-na part)

IT IS! It's been suck in my head
'na na na na na'

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2007, 11:26:54 pm »
i think My Best will do great as a single..  8)

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2007, 07:13:10 am »
Quote from: "DrSyaFiQ"
i think My Best will do great as a single..  8)

Maybe an extended version. Anything under 3:30 would be hard to hold a listener's attention.