Poll

would you have sex before marriage? do you think its ok?

yes
44 (80%)
no
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: Sex before Marriage  (Read 14639 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 09:37:51 am »
Quote from: "Suicidalboobs"
sex before marraige is wrong. i'm sorry.

Why?

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 12:24:30 pm »
i think it's fine as long as you have strong feelings towards the other person.

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Gays
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 03:17:43 pm »
SO, what are you suppose to do if you can't get married? like gay people......

(haha, too late for me anyways)

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 11:56:40 pm »
It's a personal choice, if you feel better saving yourself, then you should. There's no right or wrong.
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 11:26:13 pm »
I think sex before marriage is okay, when I was younger I didn't agree with it. Now, I think its a good way to know someone you love in a deeper more intimate way. To each his own.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Re: Gays
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 11:11:57 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
SO, what are you suppose to do if you can't get married? like gay people......

(haha, too late for me anyways)

even if you're gay, you can still get married... it just wont be as fun hahaha. I think the rule should be, only same-sex sex until you're married.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 05:39:20 am »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"

mmhmm I think it is as well now that I think of it. I mean why would you want to do that with just someone you "love" I mean I would just wait until marriage because you now you are going to say with them (unless you follow the sick trend of divroce these days) than you know you can have that special first time with the person you love. Not someon you think you love whom you brak up with weeks later...

Yeah, I agree it is wrong...but i did consider it...the changed my mind...
The Church teaches that it's wrong to do it before marriage...but my theory is everyone should have the chance to practice :P LOL
Cause like it'd be weird to like not know wat ure doing with ur husband the first time hehehe
get wat i mean???
I guess each person decides on their own when the time comes to cross that bridge...
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

Nancy Drew

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/nancydrewmania
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 09:48:27 am »

I agree. :)

C'est la vie

• MSN Messenger - scruff03@hotmail.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windsurfer184905
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 02:59:34 pm »
I think it's a matter of opinion :/ But, I don't follow an official religion as such, i'm agnostic, so I don't think it's wrong... But then again, I don't like the idea of marriage... Ahh well. Yeah, it's a matter of opinion.
-----------Signature under construction-----------

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 06:29:06 pm »
ooh you dont like the idea of marriage? interesting.

why not, if I may ask?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 07:18:27 pm »
Yes, I would.

And I think it's fine as long as you aren't sleeping with a different person each night.

C'est la vie

• MSN Messenger - scruff03@hotmail.co.uk
    • AOL Instant Messenger - windsurfer184905
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 07:29:05 pm »
Quote from: "heyheyitsaiste"
ooh you dont like the idea of marriage? interesting.

why not, if I may ask?

Well, it's not so much I don't like it, it's just not for me. I mean i'm not religious, so the deeper meaning of marriage disappears for me. From then on, it's a contract stating what's mine is yours and I am bound to you forever, unless I don't like you any more, at which point we have pay for a costly divorce. When, intially, if you live with someone for 3 or 4 years (which one I forget), you're offically 'partners' in the eyes of the government and you fall under the same bracket :/ Also, I could live with someone forever, but being asked 'do you want to live with this person forever?' is a little concerning...

I don't know if that's a sufficent answer really, but at the moment that's all I have without writing an essay :/
-----------Signature under construction-----------

MyMelody

• View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2008, 06:06:04 pm »
Interesting. That makes a lot of sense.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 01:25:40 am »
Found an awesome quote:

Even in civilized mankind faint traces of monogamous instinct can sometimes be perceived

--Bertrand Russell

Moogs21

• View Profile
Sex before Marriage
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 07:27:41 pm »
I'm not religious (in the conventional way), but marriage has a deep meaning for me... Saying that you will stick by someone throughout whatever crap happens, and that you will love them unconditionally. Obviously, this doesn't always happen, but it's what to strive for.

I used to think that people should always wait before marriage (I was brainwashed)... But then I fell in love.
Anyway, I think people should have premarital sex if they want to.. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as people are smart about it (which, of course, they won't be.) I think you should have sex with someone once both of you want to, you love each other, and you honestly think you have a good shot of making a relationship work. I don't think anything else is required.. Although I hate age limits, I really don't think anyone under the age of 17 can really make that strong of a commitment. Who knows though, everyone has a different maturity level.

I HATE abstinence-only sex ed. It's what I was taught in my high school, and that would explain why so many girls my age (19) and younger have gotten pregnant. Birth control isn't explained, it's just "Don't do it". There are many studies that prove the worthlessness of abstinence only sex ed, and how a comprehensive sex ed actually raises the age of first sexual experience... It's so dumb that the (American) government just throws millions at abstinence only sex ed...

I also hate the religious argument. In the times of the bible, kids (I stress kids) were getting married at much, much younger ages than people are these days... So the 'no sex before marriage' thing wasn't so hard., as people were getting married in some cases when they were first sexually maturing.

Here's an interesting article for you... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16287113/

Anywho, slightly on a tangent, but it's all good.