Author Topic: New article, kind of bad...  (Read 14516 times)

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
New article, kind of bad...
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2007, 06:20:42 pm »
ya i got this article from a googlee alert a few days ago, and i didnt post it because it was soo bad :(

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

reveng_desire

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - sammy0190@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SpiratiesAnon
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - reveng_desire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 07:32:59 pm »
"Hopefully, that’s where Vanessa Carlton headed after the show."

Granted, the article is TERRIBLE, but that line kinda made me chuckle....
Do You Notice How Many Lonely Hearts Are LUNATICS Out There??

rainforestspirit

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2007, 10:17:34 pm »
This is just ridiculous! I have seen V perform 5 times and every time she has connected with the audience. In fact, I would say she connects with the audience more than any artist I have ever seen live. That is were she flourishes as an artist. I enjoy the live concerts more than her CDs. So, I have no idea how he could ever say this!

Second, that A&M guy is crazy! V as stupid as Paris?!?! All you have to do is listen to them in interviews and the answer to that is clear. If he is for real, I'm sure he is just spouting off because of the line in NF "Go on, take away my record deal, I don't need it." It is like she is giving A&M the finger again...and I am sure they are not happy about it, to put it nicely!

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2007, 10:50:26 pm »
Quote from: "rainforestspirit"
If he is for real, I'm sure he is just spouting off because of the line in NF "Go on, take away my record deal, I don't need it." It is like she is giving A&M the finger again...and I am sure they are not happy about it, to put it nicely!

^^That is so true  :lol:

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2007, 11:35:21 pm »
i want to cry. that was one of the worst things i have ever read about her. what an asshole.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

milla

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2007, 04:28:32 am »
He probably just tried to shag her and she brushed him off or something...anybody wanting to write something THAT vitriolic makes me suspicious.

Nessaholic4Ever

• MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2007, 05:20:13 pm »
That article really pisses me off. I would give him a piece of my mind, but what's the use? Nowadays REAL music isn't appreciated anymore. Look at all of the super-talented artists who don't sell half as many copies as the more popular, "talented artists" like Kanye West, Britney Spears, and Soulja Boy or whatever the fuck his goddamn name is. Vanessa, Patty Griffin, Tori Amos...all of these women have more talent in one little finger than those other shitbags put together, and yet their albums barely make it into the top 30 on the Billboard Chart, while Soulja Boy can say "Supasoak that...Supaman...YOU!!!!" and shoot to number 1. People don't know what real music is anymore, they can't recognize talent or substance, and it's obvious they don't care.

Sorry to turn this into a rant, but I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it's truly sickening.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

charmedguy18

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2007, 05:23:19 pm »
Quote from: "Nessaholic4Ever"
That article really pisses me off. I would give him a piece of my mind, but what's the use? Nowadays REAL music isn't appreciated anymore. Look at all of the super-talented artists who don't sell half as many copies as the more popular, "talented artists" like Kanye West, Britney Spears, and Soulja Boy or whatever the fuck his goddamn name is. Vanessa, Patty Griffin, Tori Amos...all of these women have more talent in one little finger than those other shitbags put together, and yet their albums barely make it into the top 30 on the Billboard Chart, while Soulja Boy can say "Supasoak that...Supaman...YOU!!!!" and shoot to number 1. People don't know what real music is anymore, they can't recognize talent or substance, and it's obvious they don't care.

Sorry to turn this into a rant, but I've been thinking about this for a while now, and it's truly sickening.

Although I think Kanye West is one rapper that truly does have talent, I agree with you.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2007, 05:25:52 pm »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Quote from: "Nessaholic4Ever"

Although I think Kanye West is one rapper that truly does have talent, I agree with you.

same here, Kanye West does have talent but a lot of todays musicians don't even deserve the title musician.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Saulo

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2007, 05:54:13 pm »
How exactly is Kanye West talented? He raps. He doesn't need a good voice. He needs good lyrics and his lyrics aren't exactly masterpieces anyway.

EDIT: Ok, I am aware this might piss some people off.  :lol:

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2007, 10:52:45 pm »
It’s also quite obvious that Vanessa Carlton didn’t learn, from Mariah Carey. Being able to hit almost every note – within two seconds at times – does not make one a great singer if the notes she hits make no emotional connection to the lyrics she is singing.

I don't get that bit... Mariah and Vanessa have completely different singing styles... Vanessa doesn't sing with the "vocal gymnastics" style that Mariah does...  so what does that mean...? :?:

Also, at the bottom of the page, it says "Personal attacks are not allowed.".... isn't that what the aricle is? An attack? The writer even shares a fantasy of physically attacking Vanessa and her piano. Lol.  :lol:
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2007, 06:34:38 pm »
That is one of the most terrible things i've ever heard! it is so mean! How can you just say that about someone, its so wrong. Vanessa Carlton is a wonderful singer! i actually liked hearing the story about her inspiration for heroes and thieves. I think that the article was most likely stretched by some low life who is jealous of Vanessa Carlton's stunning voice, ability to play the piano, and her beauty.

Whatever, people are entitled to their opinions, so heres mine..........VANESSA CARLTON IS HE BEST SINGER/SONGWRITER EVER!!!!!!!!!
 :D

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 06:36:51 pm »
Quote from: MeganJane

Also, at the bottom of the page, it says "Personal attacks are not allowed.".... isn't that what the aricle is? An attack? The writer even shares a fantasy of physically attacking Vanessa and her piano. Lol.  :lol:

i know i totally agree this writer is seriously messed up!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 10:45:53 pm »
I think we should find this person.
And get his/her picture
and post it in all of the topics in this forum. haha and if anyone ever seems him/her...we should spit on HIM/HER.

I think that anyone who spends money on a Vanessa Carlton ticket and doesn't like her is stupid.
haha
you're only making her money.
Peace
Adriann

anycon

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 03:19:54 am »
what an idiot.
VC = master sempstress of songtime