Author Topic: American Idol 2008!  (Read 47282 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 10:18:09 pm »
Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"

2)  I hate it when they have all the contestants sing together on results shows.  It's painfully cheesy.  Do you guys agree?

omg that performance tonight with all of them was painful to watch! it felt to me like a bunch of robots doing something they didn't really wanna do if that makes sense. i could tell they thought it was lame too. I don't know what the producers are thinking half the time on that show.

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:41 pm »
David Archuleta singing to the first season Idol contestants. holy crap, he was even amazing back then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8SJXDPE_sQ

I love Kelly's reaction haha.

ethereal

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bella+x3+Donna
    • View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2008, 04:40:41 pm »
i think this is a really lame season =\
none of them have any real sparkle to me.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 06:46:49 am »
Alright so I'm about to watch the results' show of this week but I thought I'd post my impressions about the performances first.
Guys' night out always kinda bores me because I like female singers better but I have to admit there's a couple of good male singers in there. David for example is very good for his young age.
As for the girls, I really liked Alaina and Kady this week, very strong performances in my opinion. Kristy was a bit of a let-down but she was sick so that was probably the problem; I wasn't crazy about her song choice either. Carly was fine, again, I didn't really dig her song choice. Brooke was also disappointing.
Alright, now it's time for the results! More comments when I'm done with that! ;)

edit: ok, done with the results and I agree with those. Nothing much else to add.

Quote from: "PianoGirl4444"
1) Some of the performances / song choices were SO ridiculously boring. What makes these people choose such dull songs and think that's going to get them votes?! It's common sense, people.

I totally agree with you, what was up with the horrible song choices?  :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 12:48:34 pm »
^Sorry I have to ask, what was wrong with Brooke's performance? I'm not a fan of that song at all, but I think she did a good job. & Simon's reaction was funny lol I totally got what he was saying while everyone else was like "wtf". I'm glad he wasn't too harsh on her unlike some of the other girls he criticized.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2008, 02:59:09 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
^Sorry I have to ask, what was wrong with Brooke's performance? I'm not a fan of that song at all, but I think she did a good job.

Hehe, I was almost sure you'd ask about that! ;)
I don't know, I didn't feel like she was at ease with the song. It felt like it didn't suit her very well, even though I don't know much about her music.
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 06:39:52 pm »
My mom went to LA yesterday and saw Wicked, and while she was there she ran into Colton Berry, she said he was sad to be voted off. My mom said he was also really short.

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2008, 03:55:03 pm »
Quote from: "Ghisy"
^Sorry I have to ask, what was wrong with Brooke's performance? I'm not a fan of that song at all, but I think she did a good job.

Hehe, I was almost sure you'd ask about that! ;)
I don't know, I didn't feel like she was at ease with the song. It felt like it didn't suit her very well, even though I don't know much about her music.

I can't really tell if that song compares to her style of music or not, but here are some youtube videos of her original songs "Free" & "Say Goodbye" if you wanna check out her original music. I couldn't find any other songs:

This is the music video for "Free" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJDtI4WClcg

& here's her singing it live (it starts at 1:47).
The quality kind of sucks, but it's alright: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySeaHPyWUI

& here's a newer song I haven't heard until recently cuz it's not on her cd. It's called "Say Goodbye". This is much better quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOEiz111c9c&feature=related

I think some nessaholics will like her music :)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 04:15:33 pm »
I like her.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2008, 07:52:06 pm »
Wow, David Archuleta is BY FAR my favorite. I was practically sold when I saw him audition with "Waiting on the World to Change," but after watching him sing "Imagine" tonight, I'm HOOKED. Do you all like him? This is my first time really watching American Idol all the way through (GO Tivo!)... it's a totally different experience following your favorites through the competition. I especially enjoy Paula and Simon's banter.

By the way, I really want to download David's performance from tonight, but my credit card is MAXED out so I can't buy it from iTunes. Does anyone know of another way I could download it? Thanks!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2008, 08:05:36 pm »
I'm watching it now!

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2008, 08:28:34 pm »
OMG David A's performance was just...WOW!! I'm officially a fan! I LOVED David H's performance also. & David Cook was really good too. I'm all for the David's this week haha.

I still liked Michael John's tonight, but the David's were amazing.

I'm totally impressed by some of the guys tonight.

Hopefully the girls will do better this week than last week.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2008, 09:14:26 pm »
OMG David A's performance was just...WOW!! I'm officially a fan! I LOVED David H's performance also. & David Cook was really good too. I'm all for the David's this week haha.

I'm watching david cook right now...i think we have a time difference lol, but some are really bad. I LOVE DANNY! hes great

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2008, 09:31:00 pm »
DAVID WAS GREAT!

Laura

• View Profile
American Idol 2008!
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2008, 09:41:10 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"

I'm watching david cook right now...i think we have a time difference lol, but some are really bad. I LOVE DANNY! hes great

Actually I'm in Cali like you, but you can watch it on this website http://www.dailymotion.com/igrecman/1 the same time as the East Coasters haha. They put the episodes up within like 40 minutes or so of it airing over there. I love it  :D