Poll

Which Democrat Candidate Will You Vote For?

Hillary Clinton
13 (41.9%)
John Edwards
1 (3.2%)
Barack Obama
15 (48.4%)
Dennis Kucinich
1 (3.2%)
Mike Gravel
1 (3.2%)
Bill Richardson
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: January 08, 2008, 08:31:21 pm

Author Topic: Democrat Voters  (Read 11470 times)

heyheyitsaiste

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:05 am »
Quote from: "LimeTwister"

Quote from: "Ryou-Neko"
1) Obama's health care plan is the same as Bush's. Hillary's is much more comprehensive, and provides health care for the entirety of our country.

Not so much.

care to expand?

4) ...We have already conquered racism, for the most part, yet sexism is still rampant.

we haven't conquered racism.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 09:38:58 am »
oh and I liked Kucinich a lot, too.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 07:54:19 pm »

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 07:57:01 pm »
My Spanish teacher lectured us for like 15 minutes about how pissed off that she was when she went on Obama's website and read the pages and how he didnt state what he stood for...shes a psyco bitch to put it nicely.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 08:04:51 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
My Spanish teacher lectured us for like 15 minutes about how pissed off that she was when she went on Obama's website and read the pages and how he didnt state what he stood for...shes a psyco bitch to put it nicely.

What exactly does she want?

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 08:05:57 pm »
IDK...i dont care, shes really crazy and freaks out on like the littlest things.

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Democrat Voters
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 08:24:32 pm »
There were several key statements in that you all seem to have missed. It would be VERY irresponsible for someone to say that racism is more prevalent in our country than sexism is.

And health care -
Both Obama and Bush's websites say they want to make health care "affordable". This has clearly not worked with Bush's campaign.

Speeches are meant to inspire. He has added more about the issues after being criticized.

Oh, yes, they are. They are if the person giving the speech is supposed to inspire. I have a slight feeling that "inspiring" the country to fix their problems won't do it alone.

This is Hillary's third campaign for herself. Barack has more legislative experience, including being a state senator. It's not like he doesn't have any experience at all, so the photoshop comment makes no sense for the argument at hand.

Again, this comment is concerning Bill Clinton's presidency and her role as the First Lady.

And to reiterate - Obama and Hillary are essentially the same. They have verrrrrrrrry few differences in their issues, and those differences are very slight when they are found. I don't really care which is nominated. Honestly, the democratic party needs to stop being ridiculous and unite, instead of splitting themselves down the middle over two very, very similar candidates.

Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 08:12:13 am »

Oh, yes, they are. They are if the person giving the speech is supposed to inspire. I have a slight feeling that "inspiring" the country to fix their problems won't do it alone.

And to reiterate - Obama and Hillary are essentially the same. They have verrrrrrrrry few differences in their issues, and those differences are very slight when they are found. I don't really care which is nominated. Honestly, the democratic party needs to stop being ridiculous and unite, instead of splitting themselves down the middle over two very, very similar candidates.

def. agreed.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2008, 12:23:02 pm »
A speech, at a rally, is mainly for supporters already.  A lot of supporters can look up the information on their own, and probably already have if they're in the audience (especially at this point).

Obama isn't just speech, he has actually done a lot of work, including encouraging transparency in the government, lobbying and ethics reform, and worked to expand* Nunn-Lugar.  He worked as a community organizer in the Southside of Chicago before going to law school.  He was the first Black president of the Harvard Law Review.  He has also taught Con Law...

Apparently, Hillary didn't get much out of being First Lady, seeing how piss-poor her campaign has been.

Furthermore, sexism and racism are two huge problems, but, I would argue, one is not more prevalent.

*Changed from "expanded" to "expand."

Ryou-Neko

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - heavily_toasted_bread@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - damnedColonists
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - wirelesswizarding
    • View Profile
    • http://www.carbon-arts.org
    • Email
Democrat Voters
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2008, 01:13:28 pm »
Obama isn't just speech, he has actually done a lot of work, including encouraging transparency in the government, lobbying and ethics reform, and worked to expanded Nunn-Lugar.  He worked as a community organizer in the Southside of Chicago before going to law school.  He was the first Black president of the Harvard Law Review.  He has also taught Con Law...

Clinton has as well. She was a lawyer, and was listed as one of America's
most influential lawyers by National Law Journal for three years; she was the chair of the Children's Defense Fund; she provided legal advice for abused children at Yale-New Haven Hospital; she chaired the Arkansas Education Standards Committee; she founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families; she introduced Arkansas Home Instruction for Preschool Youth; she initiated and guided the Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997. Both of them have done astounding things - this has been established. The real issue should be uniting the democratic party so that a republican is not elected.

And still, I do not think that either sexism or racism are enormous problems today. Yes, still problems. But enormous ones? No.
Why don't you come on over? Stop making a fool out of me.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 12:15:20 pm »
We're going on, we're going strong, and we're going all the way.

This nation is coming back, and so is this campaign.

The speed and energy with which we take advantage of our regained momentum is up to you. Thank you for being there for me. I promise in the White House, I will be there for you every day.

Sincerely,

Hillary Rodham Clinton

-The e-mail I received this morning. I was so grateful and happy last night that she stopped Barack Obama's momentum, taking Rhode Island first, then Ohio, and to finish the night...Texas! Hallelujah!

She definitely has bragging rights with the states she's won, and I hate how the Obama campaign is trying to push her out of the race, she's in it all the way and he should definitely get used to it. I have faith in Hillary, all the way.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

MyMelody

• View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 07:16:26 am »
Winning a state, to be quite honest, doesn't mean much. Just a way for Clinton to say "Whoo! I won Texas!" even though the vote was pretty much 50/50 (exactly 50/50 in one county... did anyone else see that?). Obama still has a higher delegate count.

LimeTwister

Democrat Voters
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2008, 08:33:24 am »
Quote from: "MyMelody"
Winning a state, to be quite honest, doesn't mean much. Just a way for Clinton to say "Whoo! I won Texas!" even though the vote was pretty much 50/50 (exactly 50/50 in one county... did anyone else see that?). Obama still has a higher delegate count.

Thank you.

And she technically hasn't officially won Texas.

heyheyitsaiste

• View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2008, 02:26:31 pm »
i think people jumped on the obama bandwagon and that annoys me.

i'm glad hillary won texas and ohio.

she looked happy, it was cute.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Democrat Voters
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 04:26:50 pm »
Quote from: "MyMelody"

Thank you.

And she technically hasn't officially won Texas.

She won the 2/3 Primary Delegates, while Obama took the other 1/3 for the Caucuses. Its official, she DID win Texas and so did Obama.

She is still trailing in delegates but she will do well in Pennsylvania, where the Obama team has said that they will probably lose there but will pick up wins in Wyoming and Mississipi, I'm hoping Hillary will win one of those too. This isn't over, not even close. Obama is sweating bullets right now because she's right behind him. Everyone said she couldn't win, that she was going to lose, this and that. She's won all the big states, and she's a fighter and will continue on.

I also hate how people are jumping on the "Obama Momentum" bandwagon. He's full of talk, someone I know made a good point that his speeches are a lot like Adolf Hitlers speeches. I definitely believe it.

Hillary is my girl!

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar